CALLOUT! LP vs. G-Force's 2V Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
OH SNAP IT'S JOHN LANDERS!!! ooooohhh!!!

John we can have a push race between your car and little nicks turbo stang!
im sure i could find more help to push my car than a mustang zac..
Old 09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
I know the feelin'!! What a horrible 1st outing...I think everyone heard the ducks I was shooting too...

Well I think I may have found the limits of the Exo-Skel DD Textralia...not what I wanted to do is have to pull the tranny again!!

Tried to make a few test hits with out getting too crazy out of the hole. VERY afraid of breaking rear or tranny with the tires I was running last night. "Thanks Ureil" !! I just got this damn thing running again...

Very first pass with the new clutch set up, leaving at a very soft 3000 and rolling into the gas car nosed over for a horrible 1.9 60'. You can quit laughin' Tony...Short shifted at around 6500 clutch began to slip mid-top of 2nd gear and mid-top of 3rd. Ran like a 7.00 at 109mph in the 8th.

2nd pass I dont know WTF happened. Its done it a couple of times on the street. It's like it dumps a bunch of fuel then floods the motor. Back fires and dies. After it re-starts its fine...car is running pretty rich so we'll check the tune again see if theres a problem then pull some fuel out.

The other passes I tried to get a little more aggressive off the line without breaking anything. Scales were broke but I'm guessing race weight is around 3850 so I was taking it easy. Basically stock T-56 and 12 bolt...

Ran a couple 1.60's (still pretty sad) but as soon as I grabbed the next gear it was just free wheelin'. I thought the tires were spinning but no such luck. Couldn't even get it into gear at the turn for the return road.

I was just a little pissed to say the least. I was just hoping I could drive it back home...By the end of the return road back to the pits the clutch was fine after it cooled down...

Made a couple of phone calls and it looks like a triple disc may be in order. They are going to check the dual disc too make sure all the machining tolerances (clutch plates) are correct before we make that move.

Congrats Matt vette is running good!! I think you had him covered...
Does it start bucking really bad like it has a misfire then shutdown? Mine did that and I found it to be in my main VE. And it was a pain for us to tune out. Untill we used RTT to fix it. You should have RTT available to you since your in a custom OS It should be free to whoever did your tune to open it up. No credit charged since your in 3 bar!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Teching In

i have a new clutch....should be on this weekend ...