Deadly Crash on RL Thorton

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '99 Z28 as my first car. I paid for 1/4 of it when I was 16 and my parents paid for the rest. I agree that teenagers are relatively immature and inexperienced. I can remember the first couple months I had the car I did some things that scare me just thinking about it. I learned to respect the power of the car and drive a lot more responsibly, but sometimes the temptation on a mile-long straight road with no cars on an early morning to swim practice (5:00 am) succumbs I've had the car for about a yr and a half now and have had no accidents. The worst thing that's happened is I fell asleep one time after practice on a neighborhood road and hit the curb/median at around 20 mph (thank god i let go of the gas when i dozed off)...half of my car was on the median and i woke up as soon as i hit and i came out with a bad wheel alignment...i was lucky.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitterchaos
I have a '99 Z28 as my first car. I paid for 1/4 of it when I was 16 and my parents paid for the rest. I agree that teenagers are relatively immature and inexperienced. I can remember the first couple months I had the car I did some things that scare me just thinking about it. I learned to respect the power of the car and drive a lot more responsibly, but sometimes the temptation on a mile-long straight road with no cars on an early morning to swim practice (5:00 am) succumbs I've had the car for about a yr and a half now and have had no accidents. The worst thing that's happened is I fell asleep one time after practice on a neighborhood road and hit the curb/median at around 20 mph (thank god i let go of the gas when i dozed off)...half of my car was on the median and i woke up as soon as i hit and i came out with a bad wheel alignment...i was lucky.
How did you find this thread? Its kinda old.