Roger Clements on Roids

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Curveball TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgs
You know what I've "been saying" for a long time? It's "rediculous" how much of an idiot you are.

Roger has always been a big frame guy, look at his Red Sox days. Sure he has gained weight, but who hasn't from the age of 30 to 44. It's not like he was a small framed person all his life who just exploded after his prime (Barry Bonds).

Get a clue.
Do you have any idea how he trains? I don't know many 30-44 year olds that have a workout program as vigorous as Clemens.

There's really no point in arguing because we'll probably never know the truth anyway.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Clemens pitching in the WBC sealed the deal with me on the steriod issue. He wouldn't subject himself to olympic testing if he was on HGH or steroids.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Default no

no way its not true
Old 10-03-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRANSdAMn 2k
Do you have any idea how he trains? I don't know many 30-44 year olds that have a workout program as vigorous as Clemens.

Here are a few: Evander Holifield, Barry Bonds, Ronnie Coleman...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Here are a few: Evander Holifield, Barry Bonds, Ronnie Coleman...

I guess I didn't make the point of that statement clear. Hawgs was comparing his weight gain to the average middle age man. I wasn't trying to say no one over 35 trains hard. My point was that Clemens is not an average person and doesn't sit on his *** as much as the average 30-44 year old. The weight clemens has gained isn't belly fat. I gurantee you his bf is below 10%. To put on solid mass and keep it(while in a starting pitching rotation) is hard to do without being able to recover quickly.

OT

For you guys over 35, it's legal to go to the doctor and have your hormone levels checked. If testosterone or gh is low in the body you can get them legally prescribed to you, and insurance will even cover the cost in some cases.

Sorry, I was blessed with good math and science skills- not english.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM

Sorry, I was blessed with good math and science skills- not english.
I am blessed with none of them. I still passed english, math, and geology in College. Yeah booooooooooy!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
I am blessed with none of them. I still passed english, math, and geology in College. Yeah booooooooooy!
lol

historical geology =

Old 10-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

You know what I've "been saying" for a long time? It's "rediculous" how much of an idiot you are.

Roger has always been a big frame guy, look at his Red Sox days. Sure he has gained weight, but who hasn't from the age of 30 to 44. It's not like he was a small framed person all his life who just exploded after his prime (Barry Bonds).

Get a clue.
Mark McGuire, Jose Canseco are also "big frame" guys, look at them. So I am an idiot because Roger Clemens may have been taking steroids afterall? Stop swinging on his ******* already.

FWIW, you don't gain "frame" by taking steroids you dolt, you gain muscle mass. "Get a clue." ::whackoffmotion::
Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Okay let me rephrase. Work Attitude + Juice = unbelievable(on a guy with that much natural ability). I love when people say its cheating and think that just because you stick a needle in your *** your automatically stronger. Barry Bonds is one of the greatest hitters to ever walk on a diamond. He has unbelievable talent combined with the latest "technology ." He found a way to be successfull in the highest level of play possible. If you only knew how much of that is still going on, from low A to the show, you'd be chopping a lot of ********* off(if you could find them ).
And I would cut every single ******** of every single person off. Just because they found a drug with a name that hasnt been added to the MLB's list of banned substances doesnt make things right. Evidence? Mark McGuire at the federal hearings, "Uhh, I dont want to talk about the past, I am here to talk about the future and how to deal with it." Or people expressly saying that it wasnt on the MLB's banned substance list. Different drug name, but has the same effect as 'roids..... illegal if you ask me.

Competitive nature... my fuken ***. All sports have rules to keep things on a level playing field. I suppose that if someone cheats and just dominates in racing, but gets caught later down the road, does everything stay the same because it was their desire to be successful?

And besides, if you have natural talent... why would you need that ****? Bonds was hitting homers when he was still a toothpick. The desire to be the greatest doesnt mean that the laws dont matter.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Curveball TECH

Read the book Game of Shadows or go look up bonds stats pre 2000's and compare them to post 2000's. His career improved tremendously. These guys have rediculous natural talent, and they're competing with others that have great natural talent.

Let me ask you this DSIM, Let's say your a minor league player and the past few seasons you were just a few home runs to short and a few points below a nice batting average. You had the oppurtunity to take some enhancers which would just put you over the top and make you shine. You take them and next season you do phenomenal. The big man calls you up and you are now making millions of dollars living the dream.

Do you think you'd still feel the same way if you were in a situation like that?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Yeah McGuire is a ******* coward. I have a solution:

LET ALL PLAYERS IN MLB USE STEROIDS. There's your level playing field, .
Old 10-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by I <3 80057

I like the way you think. NFL players can have 12 times the normal limit of testosterone and still pass the test.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Read the book Game of Shadows or go look up bonds stats pre 2000's and compare them to post 2000's. His career improved tremendously.
And uhh, what do we attribute that to.... natural talent?

Let me ask you this DSIM, Let's say your a minor league player and the past few seasons you were just a few home runs to short and a few points below a nice batting average. You had the oppurtunity to take some enhancers which would just put you over the top and make you shine. You take them and next season you do phenomenal. The big man calls you up and you are now making millions of dollars living the dream.

Do you think you'd still feel the same way if you were in a situation like that?

Without being in that situation, I cant give you an honest opinion. What I would hope I would do is work on batting. If I want to bulk up, do it the natural way... in the gym WITHOUT steroids. Besides, I wouldnt have the shadow of my father and his friends over me... personally, thats what I think this is all about.... someone trying to impress his family by being better than them, no matter the costs.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

I like the way you think. NFL players can have 12 times the normal limit of testosterone and still pass the test.
They are called players unions, if they dont like what the owners have to offer... they strike. They might lose some money for awhile but they will be OK. The owners, on the other hand, have TONS of bills... so they will agree to just about anything to keep the season going.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

What about the kids????? Kids in high school that want to be able to compete at the professional level have to start there, and then they start to take steroids and ruin their own lives. Its already a HUGE problem, that would only make it worse.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

man some of yal crack me up..

Most of yal know who Ken Caminiti was. He was the first player who admitted to doin the juice. My old roomates dad ran the rehab center where he went for his coke addiction(witch killed him)

here is some of the stuff he told me and my roomate who is now in the minors

@85%( dunno how accurate he was but i doubt he would just lie to us) of the players take them

Most of them DO NOT take them to get bigger but to be able to keep up their endurance. Think about how many games they play. Think about the tearning down of the shoulder the pitchers take each game..Most used a type of steriod to help repair/lubercate their joints and to help repair muscle tearage.

IF they didnt take juice most took HGH Ken had a whole damn refridgerator of that **** in his garage ( witch he had some bad assss cars btw) he plugged a needle up to his stomache and pumped that into it weekly.

Point is in every professional sport athletes take "performance enhancers" they have to in this day in age to keep up. As far as Roger or Andy taking them who the **** knows...some dousche bag probably threw their names out since everyone got the **** over Bonds and his egotistic ***
Old 10-05-2006, 05:28 PM

All I know is that Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Ronnie Coleman are all natural. All they take is celltech.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DSIM
What about the kids????? Kids in high school that want to be able to compete at the professional level have to start there, and then they start to take steroids and ruin their own lives. Its already a HUGE problem, that would only make it worse.
"**** the kids." - Chris Rock
Old 10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** the kids.
Is that your motto or just a hobby?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Roger Clemens:

20+ years ago: