Any Good Head Porters In Dfw?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does not matter if the thing is boosted. Just make the heads work a little bit better. You are making up your own atmosphere if you are boosting it.

I.E. Ford Modular Motors.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 96-speed
I have absolutely no idea. I posted numbers of the car's performance. I'll let other people figure out how they swirled. I drive the car to work, to the track, and it ran (as in idle WOT, part throttle) well. Does it matter if the heads are "hogged" out and the car runs well enough to satisfy the customer? Also, we're talking about "hogging out" a 200cc head (after "hogging"). LOL.

FWIW, I haven't seen any LSx stuff from LE, but I'm sure there's some out there. There is no way he can compete with the R&D of a shop that do heads for a series car or a professional race team. However, he offers competetive pricing/results. Patriot is another company that comes to mind, but we are talking about a DFW porter.

The thing about LE is that he will tell you to go somewhere else and spend more money if you want the best. He doesn't slam other porters, and he'll do as much or as little as you want to. It bugs me when people take a jab at him for being honest and making a living. He's a fair guy and won't come on hear dissing anyone. Please, extend the same courtesy. However, if you'd had personal experience with a car that has ran his heads and had a problem, by all means, share your info.

Lastly, we are talking about head porters. Has anyone ever taken a ported set of heads to someone and had the person say "Dang, someone ported these heads WAY better than I could do. Check out those awesome runners and killer SSR. Even that valve job looks amazing!" Come on man, these guys are the worst about that stuff .

Ryan

EDIT: Are we not allowed to mention anyone that isn't a sponsor? Is LE a sponsor?
ive yet to have someone not tell me, hey these heads are good. When a porter tells me that, thats who I deal with, and thats what he does. Very upfront and honest...
Old 10-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Scott, when you're shoving 25psi of air into the port at 8500rpm the heads aren't as big of a concern....common man, you know this.... btw, if heads arn't that important why don't ya give me your ETs to put on the truck?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
peak flow numbers dont mean jack bud. Im sure his runners are LARGE. ive seen some of his work up close on the same flow bench as my guy. Some things are scary! What bore was that on? 4.125 LOL

Post up them exhaust and mid lift flow numbers. Thats where the head will shine and speak for itself if its any good.
the heads were flowed on trevor's bench and i dont have the sheet
the low lift numbers are all valve job and it's trevor johnson's valve and you said he was good
Old 10-08-2006, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive seen far too many poor performers from Llyod Elliot to tell someone to go to him.
so when jay johnson ran a 9.80 with a 346ci ls1 4 years ago it was "poor preformance" since lloyd did the head's on that car
Old 10-08-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vanilla89
so when jay johnson ran a 9.80 with a 346ci ls1 4 years ago it was "poor preformance" since lloyd did the head's on that car
I believe Jay did the port work if im not mistaken and LE did a valve job for him.. At least thats what I recall.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

I believe Jay did the port work if im not mistaken and LE did a valve job for him.. At least thats what I recall.

yeah jay did the port work.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what jay wants you to think i work for lloyd and he did the heads on the car,promise
we did all of jay's heads even the ones he sold as his port work
get you'r facts straight before you start bumping you're gums

Last edited by vanilla89; 10-08-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cat got you'r tongue
Old 10-08-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

thats what jay wants you to think i work for lloyd and he did the heads on the car,promise
if so why didn't lloyd use it as advertisment and start making money off of it years ago?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was just going by what Jay metioned to me. I could have misunderstood. We all make mistakes right, but watch the little bumping your gum comments for sure.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by red90cobra
if so why didn't lloyd use it as advertisment and start making money off of it years ago?
OK so I did have the right re-collection of thoughts. Thanks for backing up my old memory.

Sorry I missed that call, i was fighting with a SOM car in the garage. It was just a bad Saturday. Things werent going smoothly for anything.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My own personal experience I have used LE on SBC and BBC and could not beat the bang for the buck. I have a set of Trevors heads on my TA he did years ago that I bought used and I am happy with them.

For what its worth I would also trust Mikes judgment. If he says his guy is a bad *** he probably is.

Good luck getting to Trevor if you don't know where he is. His sign blew off his building in a storm a few years ago and he never put it back up. He pretty much does not answer the phone any more and any time I go in there he has more work than he can handle. Seen him pull some all nighters getting more multiple set out for Hennesy on more than one occation.

Quick Reply: Any Good Head Porters In Dfw?