My experiences with Owen Priest and Advanced Racing Dynamics VERY LONG AND VERY BAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said my buddy has a built tranny by owen in his LT1 and it has broke like 5 times no joke.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have actually been there for a couple of small things... although i was displeased the fact that they never got back with me for pricing on some stuff, until i called there a couple of times... other than that they seem like they know there stuff, and Owen seems like a great guy. But i havnt dealt with them long.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have seen 3 or 4 ard cars running at SAR... well no i didnt, bc the track officials never allowed them to runny bc they were leaking fluids badly... and if they did make a pass, they were not impressive to say the least.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
well no i didnt, bc the track officials never allowed them to runny bc they were leaking fluids badly... .
Old 10-15-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
I have seen 3 or 4 ard cars running at SAR... well no i didnt, bc the track officials never allowed them to runny bc they were leaking fluids badly... and if they did make a pass, they were not impressive to say the least.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

but like KT mentioned, i have seen thier lil 3rd gen w/ the 408 and it has run ok
Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

ive been taking my LT1 to ARD for along time. Got a new built motor for a good price. Only thing that has happen was my fault. Over reving the engine at around 150 or so in a Automatic on stock heads with a cam thats waaay to big for those heads. Which threw the vavles.

O btw regal the rods are the hardend ones. They werent stock.

My car is now running strong.

Only other problem i have is the 2-3 clutches going out on the shitty A4. Couldnt tell you why they keep going out. but other than that everything about ard i have experienced has been great. And i will continue to go there till i get out of the scene.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by regal
Doyle , I call bs on this whole deal considering that I was present when your new rings were put in the 4th motor that washed them, also if im not mistaken the last motor was a 04 or 05 lq9 and i stood right there while owen gapped and installed brand new rings on it. To be quite honest if I remember you had severe detonation on one deal and a bad ringwashing incident on another motor all of which you had tuned by someone else and owen still warrantied you motor what 4 times. even after you blew it up at the track he put a new motor in it right after you had taken it to hrp. what did you pay for this whole deal 1900 bux originally and got to thrash 4 motors? I dont know. My car runs and has ran every day for the last year and a half and you know what, I dont think there is a part on it that Owen hasnt touched. I hope when you explode another motor that you have some of these other wonderful guys warranty it and pick you up off the side of the road. yep there are no ARD cars putting up numbers at the track, I guess I imagined what my car runs, I also imagine what the Blue chevelle runs, I guess I imagined that owens car has ran on a 3900lb car with ac, power steering and cage. I guess I imagine that the times duy's cars have ran at the track were on owen's transmissions and not a failure yet. Before coming on here and spouting a onesided b.s story . I got an idea we can post some pics of your burned up pistons from being leaned out too much from a tune by someone else.
First off, you were not there the whole time, you didnt show up until half way down the **** stain.

Second, were you there when he ringed the 1st 2nd and 3rd rebuild? NO? Thought so. Owen told me himself that this shouldnt be happening, which only leads me to believe that Owen does not know how to build a motor.

Third, Owen sent me to that tuner, he recommended them to me since he couldnt tune it himself. Your damn right he is gonna warranty it.

Fourth, ya the motor popped at HRP, but i wouldnt exactly call that a motor, i would describe it more as a clusterfuck basketcase ****-tank built by either someone who doesnt know what they are doing, or doing something intentionally to screw someone so that when the warranty is up, they are shelling out more $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Fifth, my car is mine. Your car is yours. My car is not yours. Just because you and I had **** done at the same shop, doesnt mean the work is synonamous as well.

Owen never picked me up when my motor lost oil pressure all those times. I had to pay out of my pocket to get it towed back up to his shop. REGAL, WHY DIDNT OWEN PICK ME UPPPPPP?!?!?!?! Where is the trailer, where is the friendly customer service, where?

Regal, all i have to say is where is my crane double roller timing chain that i paid for, and where is my mellings oil pump? cuz i can sure as hell tell you it was not in my motor when LME pulled it apart. and i can sure as hell post pics of those items, hmmmm what do ya say?

Regal, i think you are done in this thread. I'm a little kid? what does that make you, father time?

EDIT regal, all i had to do was turn the key for it blow up, how is that my fault in any way? i couldnt even make it my house before my motor lost oil pressure,

Oh and by the way regal, could u please tell us the REAL reason all the old techs are gone, id just love to know why

Last edited by jdoyle; 10-15-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

actually doyle, i was there for every rebuild that was done to your car, my name is Jay , im up there alot.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

and yes you are a little kid
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

edited due to not nice to doyle

Last edited by regal; 10-15-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

lets see, one tech started his own shop , but ive never heard of that before, and another one was let go. ok there is the history of all these techs that have left, some shops go through this many in a week. yeah i guess my car runs ok, never seen your car run powered by satan? yep two cars were not allowed to run one time at sar a year ago, wow , that must mean the last 50 times the same cars have been to the track the same thing happened , i guess you were there since your such a smart guy. doyle, now your playing your word against this guys word against this guys word.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

Honestly guys , if yall want to bash ARD , whatever , But remember there are always two sides to every story and I bet if you heard the WHOLE story on everything mentioned then you would know the truth
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

doyle if he they screwed you so bad you need to call the state attorney general, you are entitled to some kind of compensation for the tows/missing parts you paid for, maybe even the fact that the motor was never built right.... the texas attorney generals office will not f*ck around either, if they sense a bad vibe they will shut him down, and sort it out later.... they will do an investigation into it.

give them a call, theyll fix it if there was any wrong doing.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually doyle, i was there for every rebuild that was done to your car, my name is Jay , im up there alot.
why didnt you remind Owen to put the double roller timing set and mellings oil pump into my motor like i had paid for?
Old 10-15-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by treysoucie
doyle if he they screwed you so bad you need to call the state attorney general, you are entitled to some kind of compensation for the tows/missing parts you paid for, maybe even the fact that the motor was never built right.... the texas attorney generals office will not f*ck around either, if they sense a bad vibe they will shut him down, and sort it out later.... they will do an investigation into it.

give them a call, theyll fix it if there was any wrong doing.

do you have a phone number or some way for me to contact them?
Old 10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know, my 408 has about 8k miles on it and has about 50 gas passes on it without a lick of trouble, the whole thing was built by owen at ard. Ill even let you come see it and ride in it if you want. I think every shop on this board has had a customer who is not happy one way or the other, I know because I have read them. I think that if you honestly go to ARD and look at the products that are put out there and what you get for the money that its a good deal, honestly in the 5 years of being around owen and ard, doyles motor fiasco was just as much doyles fault also, this little kid gets on here and doesnt happen to include that he blew 2 of the motors up that owen gave him with a tune from another place of business with shops trying to get people in and every shop that i know of in this town is not perfect period, if they say they are they are lying because ive been to every shop in this town and read all kinds of stories from every one. hey sprayed98 , if your talking about the silver car , hate to say it when you over rev at 140mph the stock pushrods dont like that, just fyi on all yall guys tremendous driving skills.
How the **** are you calling him a little kid?

Jason drives like a girl, he babies his car and you're telling him it's his fault that it smoked and blew up, huh? What the **** do you think he did to it? Seriously, how the **** would you know?

Don't get defensive because your little anus friend can't build a motor right
Old 10-15-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

This place sounds like a great shop.How can I get a motor from them?
Old 10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

this thread turned ugly

Old 10-15-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdoyle
First off, you were not there the whole time, you didnt show up until half way down the **** stain.

Second, were you there when he ringed the 1st 2nd and 3rd rebuild? NO? Thought so. Owen told me himself that this shouldnt be happening, which only leads me to believe that Owen does not know how to build a motor.

Third, Owen sent me to that tuner, he recommended them to me since he couldnt tune it himself. Your damn right he is gonna warranty it.

Fourth, ya the motor popped at HRP, but i wouldnt exactly call that a motor, i would describe it more as a clusterfuck basketcase ****-tank built by either someone who doesnt know what they are doing, or doing something intentionally to screw someone so that when the warranty is up, they are shelling out more $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Fifth, my car is mine. Your car is yours. My car is not yours. Just because you and I had **** done at the same shop, doesnt mean the work is synonamous as well.

Owen never picked me up when my motor lost oil pressure all those times. I had to pay out of my pocket to get it towed back up to his shop. REGAL, WHY DIDNT OWEN PICK ME UPPPPPP?!?!?!?! Where is the trailer, where is the friendly customer service, where?

Regal, all i have to say is where is my crane double roller timing chain that i paid for, and where is my mellings oil pump? cuz i can sure as hell tell you it was not in my motor when LME pulled it apart. and i can sure as hell post pics of those items, hmmmm what do ya say?

Regal, i think you are done in this thread. I'm a little kid? what does that make you, father time?

EDIT regal, all i had to do was turn the key for it blow up, how is that my fault in any way? i couldnt even make it my house before my motor lost oil pressure,

Oh and by the way regal, could u please tell us the REAL reason all the old techs are gone, id just love to know why

owned twice

Quick Reply: My experiences with Owen Priest and Advanced Racing Dynamics VERY LONG AND VERY BAD