My experiences with Owen Priest and Advanced Racing Dynamics VERY LONG AND VERY BAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
owned twice
Old 10-16-2006, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

This is simple. Why did the motor not have the parts he paid for when it was torn down? If that fact is true it does not matter what ANYBODY says, Owen is to blame and should have to either build a motor that works or pay him back. If he paid for that stuff and it was not used in the build that is TOTALLY unacceptable and the shop who did that should not be in business. If I were you I would really push the fact that you didnt get what you paid for, that is your best bet right there.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
This is simple. Why did the motor not have the parts he paid for when it was torn down? If that fact is true it does not matter what ANYBODY says, Owen is to blame and should have to either build a motor that works or pay him back. If he paid for that stuff and it was not used in the build that is TOTALLY unacceptable and the shop who did that should not be in business. If I were you I would really push the fact that you didnt get what you paid for, that is your best bet right there.

exactly
Old 10-16-2006, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Well a can vouch for ARD cause when i went to add a oil pan tray. I noticed that the motor had my forged pistons and crank. My LT1 motor never blew up when i got it.

Forged 355 runs good all day long and never heats up.

Maybe you just got a bad seed or bad luck. Sorry to hear your loss. But im not here to fight about it. You really need to just talk to him 1 on 1. Dont have to go blow your whole load all over the internet.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Well a can vouch for ARD cause when i went to add a oil pan tray. I noticed that the motor had my forged pistons and crank. My LT1 motor never blew up when i got it.

Maybe you just got a bad seed or bad luck. Sorry to hear your loss. But im not here to fight about it. You really need to just talk to him 1 on 1. Dont have to go blow your whole load all over the internet.

Before you make accusations, maybe you should really read in between the lines. He did on numorous occasions talk to him, and it says that in there.

The reason he posted this i'm sure is because his ******* car broke down AGAIN for a problem that came up after owen put one of the motors in. Owen claimed he fixed that, but i guess not, huh?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

Dont have to go blow your whole load all over the internet.
Personally I would like to hear both good and bad experiences with shops, helps you pick which shops to use and which not to. If this story holds any truth maybe he saved people money by letting them know how a certain shops operates. I for one would do the same thing if I came to find out some guy took my money and built my motor with used stock parts, to be honest I might do alot more than post about it. And Randy I know you like the shop but you have had quite a few issues with that ARD tranny.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Default lesson learned

I had a similar experience. Before I got my 02 Z, I had a 96 Z. When I got the 96 the motor had a spun bearing. I knew this when I got it, but I traded even for a 96 Beretta so I still didnt do to bad. Anyways I knew that I wanted a 383 Stroker motor built, so I called several shops that I knew of as anyone would do. I ended up going to a junk yard looking for a plastic dash top "very bad to crack", and he asked me where the car was, so I told him about the car. He didnt hesitate to recommend his buddy that builds drag car motors for Mustangs. I know, I know I must have been . He called his buddy and priced everything I wanted plus the CAI, HPP3, motor removal by a local shop, transportation for the motor to the shop, and reinstall on the motor when it was completed all for 3000.00 which I gave to the guy at the junk yard so he could go ahead and order the parts. So I thought WOW what a deal, I wont go with a guy that I know does excellent work to go with a guy I don't know nothing about . Anyways to make a long story short, I took the trans to a shop and had it beefed up for the monster 383 . I ended up having to pay almost 2000.00 more dollars than expected for a port polish, valve job, Hooker headers, spark plugs, wires, align boring the deck, oh yeah and the garage made me buy rear tires before they would put a inspection sticker on it, etc... My stereo system got ripped off at the garage where they pulled the motor because they didnt lock the car up at night, it took almost 3 months to get the car back. Kept getting excuses. Finally got the car back took it to the dyno after a easy breakin period. Only made 220-230 RWHP. I was in shock and didnt believe it until I raced a stock GT and only beat him by a 1/2 a car to 100, and that was because I pulled out better than he did. The moral to this is don't always go by the best deal you find and always research the shops before spending hard earned money on your rides. You get what you pay for in most cases, and I could have ended up spending less money after all was said and done with the guy that I know does good work. The other guy as it turns out used my car as a test subject because he hadnt ever worked on a LT 1 before. I learned the hard way and was so discusted with the car that I traded it for my 02 which I LOVE!!! Sorry if this seems long but I read this and got re-pissed bout my car and now I wish that I would have had someone tear the motor apart cause I know I didnt get my parts. Should have sued!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:09 AM
12 Second Club

eh its whatever. 4L60e suck. I really dont care anymore. I feel as if im getting out of the scene. as to why im just going to buy a c5 and leave it stock.

SOrry for your loss man. didnt mean to be a dick or anything, but ive never had problems with him. so good luck.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Resident

Get a LAwyer, shut him down until this is all resovled and yo hvae a motor worth while!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
Get a LAwyer, shut him down until this is all resovled and yo hvae a motor worth while!
i wish i could, but i dont have any money for a lawyer.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Been there done that. I learned my lesson ARD has screwed alot of people. The only reason they have cheap prices is so they still get business. They run a corrupt operation over there and yeah they do like to reuse parts and keep the money you gave them for new parts. FYI Just say no to ARD.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So what you are saying is he USED the parts out of your engine for his? Did I read that correctly? Jason pulled the engine at our shop and yes there were way to many problems for this to have been done professionally. We will not get in the middle but I can vogue that for a shop that does LSX's, to many issues were found.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
So what you are saying is he USED the parts out of your engine for his? Did I read that correctly? Jason pulled the engine at our shop and yes there were way to many problems for this to have been done professionally. We will not get in the middle but I can vogue that for a shop that does LSX's, to many issues were found.

Thanks,
Amber
no i got brand new parts. that were installed in my new motor.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for clarifying that. I do know he was told they used someone elses parts for his just to get him on the road so I was making sure.

Amber
Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998

x3 what he said
Old 10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
Thanks for clarifying that. I do know he was told they used someone elses parts for his just to get him on the road so I was making sure.

Amber
Yes this is true.

I almost forgot about this actually, I'm glad that you brough that up.

Somewhere in that whole mess, one of ARDs techs took the shortblock out of his own personal Camaro, and put it in my car even though i paid for brand new parts, he said "that it LOOKED new" and only had about 1500 miles on it. He told me to my face what he had done. I was shocked.

ARD = AlReady Destroyed
Old 10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, that is classic! I guess it was "new" to you, so that makes it ok
Old 10-16-2006, 04:44 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdoyle
Yes this is true.

I almost forgot about this actually, I'm glad that you brough that up.

Somewhere in that whole mess, one of ARDs techs took the shortblock out of his own personal Camaro, and put it in my car even though i paid for brand new parts, he said "that it LOOKED new" and only had about 1500 miles on it. He told me to my face what he had done. I was shocked.

ARD = AlReady Destroyed

Man that sucks. I would have said something then.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
Wasnt Owen part of FM motorsports? What happened there?

FMMOTORSPORTS? no he never had anything to do with that place. FM stood for Foster and bill Moore
Old 10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My LT1 motor never blew up when i got it.
and it sure is fast.

Thomas

Quick Reply: My experiences with Owen Priest and Advanced Racing Dynamics VERY LONG AND VERY BAD