Looking for oil/gas drilling yards

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for oil/gas drilling yards

That are building their own rigs in house and need welders. I have been working up in Colorado for the last few months and am going to work back here. Tired of the bullshit politics and back stabbing where I was. I know of most of the drilling companies out here in the east tx area. Just hoping someone knows of a company that needs contract welders immediatley. Within 250 miles of Dallas or so, Houston is fine. Tony (Nineball), you are in the industry if memory serves. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brandon
Old 10-15-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try Spindletop Production out of Gainesville, TX (??30ish miles N. of Denton). I was a oil rig welder all summer until I came back to school for a local group. I know Spindletop does the major crown/derrick/sub repair as well as build new rigs (i think). Do you have your own welding rig?
Old 10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brady346
Try Spindletop Production out of Gainesville, TX (??30ish miles N. of Denton). I was a oil rig welder all summer until I came back to school for a local group. I know Spindletop does the major crown/derrick/sub repair as well as build new rigs (i think). Do you have your own welding rig?
Thanks, sent you a pm. I am rigged out with full insurance and just bought a new welder 2 weeks ago.

Brandon
Old 10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, I didnt send you this in pm, are you open to chasing drilling rigs or are you wanting to stay remotely in a yard? Rigs are way more entertaining than a yard.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brady346
Sorry, I didnt send you this in pm, are you open to chasing drilling rigs or are you wanting to stay remotely in a yard? Rigs are way more entertaining than a yard.
Been doing that the last 4 months. Kinda tired of the crazy hours and tool pushers living on 4 hours of sleep for days on end. Rather do something normal for a while. There was a spell that I worked for 16 days straight, had several 20+ hour days and got a few calls after those 20 hours days and told to go to another rig. Money is great, but going crazy is worth something too.
If I could stumble upon a good company with good pay I would consider it. But if it only pays what the yards do or a dollar or two more, I am not at all interested.

Brandon
Old 10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I completely understand your point there. The hours, crack eating tool pushers and drillers that expect you to do it to keep up, and nasty roughnecks all get old.