Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL @ Brian!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The next thread will be " I bought a new wallet. What order should I put my credit cards in?. Where should I put my dogs picture? How much cash should I carry and what type of bills should it be in? Can I keep the picture of the girl that came in the wallet and claim her as mine??"

225-343-9029
Old 10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
The next thread will be " I bought a new wallet. What order should I put my credit cards in?. Where should I put my dogs picture? How much cash should I carry and what type of bills should it be in? Can I keep the picture of the girl that came in the wallet and claim her as mine??"

Old 10-17-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
LMAO, but true this guy needs to think and search himself...

B
Old 10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

at this whole thread.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

man yall are some real tools. this guy is freaking out, and yall just want to rip on him, it's funny though. but seriously, TOOLS!

Last edited by osvaldo; 10-17-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by osvaldo
man yall are some real tools. this guy is freaking out, and yall just want to ripe on him, it's funny though. but seriously, TOOLS!
How do you ripe on someone? Do you cause them to become fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used?

If so, we've got a long road ahead of us before he becomes fully developed or matured to think on his own. He is very unripe at the moment.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got my social security number memorized. But if I ever needed in the future for whatever reason, I'd like to have a card. I already contacted them and I have to fill out a SS-5 form to obtain a new one which should take 7-10 days. I either have to mail the form and a form of ID to them or take it into my local SS office and they will mail my new card.

I already contacted my credit card companies. I have new cards coming with new numbers.

As far as calling the credit bureaus. I started with Equifax. I couldn't get anyone on the phone for ****. Everything was automated. I even looked online to see if I could talk to someone on the phone, but the only way you can do that is if you're requesting a credit report. So I went ahead with the automated alert and it stated that it would forward this alert to the other 2 bureaus. I hate automated ****. I think it said that it was only good up for 90 days. So if I wanted to call and check the status on it, lets say within 30 days to see if anyone has tried to open any credit, how they hell do I do that if I can't get anyone on the damn phone!

Driver's license. Just gota go into the office and get a new one. Pretty simple on that one. I know a DPS officer, so I'm sure I don't have to have any form of ID.

My wallet is definately lost. I checked my truck several times and searched my house up and down. Nothing. I even called the last 2 people I was with Saturday night/Sunday morning and nothing.

Its so nice to know that we have comedians here on LS1Tech. We should all sell our cars, quit our jobs, and just wait around to let the comedians entertain us by posting jokes and smartass remarks. When you guys lose your ****, just think of me when it happens. Picture me laughing my *** off and making fun of you.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Drag -

Cancel cards
Get a new license
Get new SS card
ATM card ? talk to your bank

Then get a copy of your credit report. It will tell you (if you didn't already know)
how many active accounts you have and what they are.

Get it again in a month. Make sure no new accounts get opened.
I would then do a check every quarter or so to make sure no one is opening stuff on your name. It's good to do anyhow to see where you stand with all of your lenders etc.

Make sure you keep getting all of your statements from all of your companies if you were getting statements mailed to you. If one doesn't show up, someone might have changed your address. I just don't get those anymore, and only operate online.

The real bitch of this situation is you have not actually been victimized by fraud - so all the anti-fraud things are not open to you yet. You have to have someone actually try to steal your ID or use one of your cards to put an alert on your credit or file with the FTC. It's a huge pain, so for your sake I hope this is as far as it goes.

You should be fine though just taking those measures, and making sure you keep in touch with your financial institution and lenders.

One more thing...the SS number - well, thats just a flaw in the system. You never get a new number.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You're never gonna get ahold of anyone at the credit bureaus. Just call one do the fraud alert thru the automated and be done with it. They contact the other two for you. Like it was mentioned already get a credit report just so you know what you have on it and then check in a month or two for any new accounts. With the fraud alert though they shouldn't be able to open a new account because they will call you.

Of course close all your credit accounts that you had in your wallet and get a new DL. Just go on with your life and don't worry as much anymore. If you sit there and worry everyday that something is gonna happen your probably gonna jinx yourself and something will.

I work for Chase and believe me your SSN and DL number aren't the only questions we ask when we are verifying for high risk type transactions or opening new credit accounts.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
9 Second Club NA

Well that sucks that you can't talk to anyone. I didn't know they call you whenever something is trying to be opened (credit). That makes me feel a little better. So if and when someone does, they call me, then what? It would be nice to put a stop to it, particularly that person. I mean, sure they can deny them whatever credit they're trying to open, but it could be an endless thing. What they should do is when they have confirmed that they are not the actual person, they should arrest them and take up the identification.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs
How do you ripe on someone? Do you cause them to become fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used?

If so, we've got a long road ahead of us before he becomes fully developed or matured to think on his own. He is very unripe at the moment.
see what i mean? ********! jk man , i think it's ******* hilarious. sorry if i meispelled ne thing.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

About three years ago the other half had her purse stolen out of her car. WITHIN 1 HOUR she had contacted Equifax and all them, all credit card companies, and was waiting at her bank when it opened. Keep in mind, this is still the 1 hour since it happened.

Over the next 6 weeks the ******** bitches that stole her purse got away with more than $12,000 in merchandise (clothes, PC, all kinds of crap - we got the bills, so we know what they got), most of it in the first two days. Nieman Marcus had them on video - and I mean this was super close up plain as day video (it IS Nieman Marcus after all - the can afford the good ****, and they have it, believe me) and to this day nobody has been arrested.

How did they do it? Well, with most of the credit reporting agencies the MINIMUM is 3 days till the "fraud watch" is really active. Some are a few days more. At one store, the bitches were unable to start a new account because of the fraud alert, but then the store took the stolen check to pay for everything. Freaking genius...my other half is HALF the size of the bitches we saw on the Nieman Marcus video, and not even the same color...but the store took the check. With no ID. Over $1000 worth of stuff.

We didn't end up paying for anything, but she has kept the fraud alert on her account - you have to call to renew it.

Anyway, if the bills start rolling in (and they may) don't panic. Like someone else said, file a police report and make sure you notified EVERYONE involved in your finances.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by regorih383
Dude...What's up with your signature?

Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Well that sucks that you can't talk to anyone. I didn't know they call you whenever something is trying to be opened (credit). That makes me feel a little better. So if and when someone does, they call me, then what?
Just a stab in the dark here...

Tell them it is not you opening that account and not to allow it.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:49 PM
9 Second Club NA

Well I know that. What I was meaning was, are they gona let that person walk off after they deny them or are they going to take action upon it, knowing that its not me.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

i think someone found your wallet/ took the cash and threw it away. never to be seen again

that or maybe it hasnt been found yet. and they'll use the address to locate you?

I lost my debit card once. and the guy returned it to my bank to give back to me.

my friend lost his keys and the guy somehow was able to locate him and gave him his keys? this was about 2-3 wks ago too, not sure how the guy did it.

If i were to find a wallet(which i have once). I look at the address on the DL. and give it back.

so you never know. maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be returned to you. wishful thinking, but you never know.

goodluck. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
9 Second Club NA

That sure would be nice. When I called my credit card companies almost 2 days after I lost my wallet, no transactions had been made. I didn't have any money in the wallet, I hardly ever carry cash. It would be nice to have it returned to me, but I doubt it'll happen.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I was younger (10 years ago I guess) I dropped my wallet leaving a video store. It had $600 in it. I get a call from the store owner, a little girl found it and picked it up. Her dad wanted to keep it, but the daughter scolded him about how stealing was wrong and "made" him give it to the store owner So, good things DO happen sometimes too.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
SSU Moderator

Funny thread...I just can't stop looking at those panties. Brains...keep posting.