Nacogdoches Ride List

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 4WD sounds like it comes in handy! Another day in the sticks, huh?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know it.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Okay, finally I have something more to contribute to the local folks other than "What's up, guys?"

Today was my first day at Advance Auto Parts (Lufkin, on 94), and I was thinking about all the poor souls that have to pay customer retail price on their parts. I've been thinking about getting my DBA (business license) for a little while now, and I could set up a business account at Advance that would simply be a taxed and cash (or CC) account. That would do two things: One; If there were enough people interested in this, then it may be the extra "push" I need to get my business license and set it up for myself, and Two; It would be a way to cut the local guys a break when it comes to car parts (keep in mind that the more buys on the account = a better discount).
Just so every one knows, and doesn't think that I'm trying to get one over on the new boss, the people that buy a lot of parts deserve better prices than the average Joe that doesn't, and that's what my business will be about. I'll have it set up to where there will be a specific list of names of people that can use the Advance account for discounted prices. Eventually I'll set up accounts for other places, and later open my own shop that I can pass the discounts down to even the average Joe. Any thoughts?