I saw someone get ran over in Humble area

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my god that's awful. it's always comforting to know there are people like you around when someone needs you. i'm so sorry you had to witness something like that.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Yep. You did well, you didnt try to remove the victim from the vehicle and just did whatever you possibly could. TON of idiot drivers out there, it amazes me to watch Houstonians drive in heavy rain, some dont even slow down. Idiots.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Sad. My dad was behind a girl one time when she was having a seizuer and she hit one of the poles to the over head highway signs. My dad ran to the car to try to stop the bleading but it didnt really work that well. But my dad stayed in touch with the police department to learn the girl died the next day. He was a little bit shook up knowing she died but he snaped out of it once he saw us. You never know what you will see but to know there are people like you out there that will lend a helping hand makes me feal a little bit better about a daily commute.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by rabbit102
I had a 14 year old girl in a rollover car accident and totally destroyed her face and shes got permenant brain damage with intercranial brain bleeding and blind in both eyes. When she arrived at the hospital I noticed she was getting ready for halloween..she painted her toenails black and orange, **** like that you never forget. .
That is the single saddest thing I have heard in a long time. I work with small children so hearing about something like that hits very close to home, and I tell you this if anything was to ever happen to the kids in my program on my clock it would be devastating. In me people trust their most Cherished possessions. They are my sheep and I am their sheep dog.

_Zac
Old 10-26-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man kudos to you! Seriously there aren't many people now and days that are willing to help others just for the simple fact that it is the right thing to do. **** happens for a reason, and you were definately meant to be near all this to help out
Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by JETG
Well it was Tue Oct 26th I was at home just chilling thinking how nice it was out that it would be great to ride my 06 R6 out to Galveston. So about 10:30 ish I was dressed and ready to go, I ran out of smokes so I needed to stop and get some on the way. I came down will clayton, to atascociata rd and decided to stop and get the smokes now and not later in my trip. I then pulled my bike into the Valaro gas station, I stopped my bike and was looking at the intersection of atascocita rd and will clayton. I hear a rumble from a dump truck, you could hear the tires on the truck like as it was moving a good clip. As I looked up, I hear this hugh crash and saw the City Dump truck run clean over a jeep cherokee, then the dump truck continued on out of control on the corner at Walgreens, almost landing in the walgrees parking lot. I imeaditly ran over to the jeep, that was tipped completely over on its side and gas pouring out of it like it was water, it was dumping all the fuel everywhere. I got there first and saw a guy in the jeep, laying on the ground inside the jeep, he was not moving at all, and this jeep is completely SMASHED, there are no words to describe it. Well I jumped up on the top, and pulled myself on the passanger side window, trying to yell down at the guy to see if I could at min get him to come to or something, just get him concious. Then another guy came up mind you all kinds of people around, and a lot just standing not really trying to help. Well the first guy that ran up to help me, said to run into walgreens and get a fire extinguisher, so I took off running and look on the corner and there is a guy laying there and people going up to him just not touching him or anything. Well I am runing towards walgreens and look at this guy, and his legs were like pretzles, it was something I have never seen, and he appeared to be dead. Well I had no chioce I had to keep going and get the fire extinguisher. So I run into walgreens and got the extinguisher, and ran back out, to the jeep. We as at this time there is about 6 other people tring to help. I came up to the jeep, had the fire extinguisher. We tried to get into the windshield to be able to get to the guy in the jeep, as 911 was called. Well a guy had a crow bar in his truck, we managed to get a hole in the window, as we had to be careful and not makes sparkes mind you that gas is now all around us and under our feet. So we go the whole open and tried to not move the guy but to see if we could at least get him to respond and be alert, as he was in bad shape, and bleeding from the nose, ears and his leg appears to be under the dash and he is laying partly on the ground were the jeep drivers side was. Well the ambulance arrived and luckly no sparks and no fire. So we backed up and told them were everyone was, this was when I got a good look a the guy on the corner unfortunatly, the ambulance guy walks up and puts a sheet over him, they get out the jaws of life for the guy in the jeep, then there was also a guy out in front of the dump truck that I never saw. I thought since the impact was so bad the maybe the driver was thrown out of the windshield, and got ran over by his own truck. Well that was not the case at all, there was two workers on that corner that were working on handycap ramps, the guy was completely ran over, there was a guy that was standing next to him, that was hit by the dump truck but thrown to the left and towards the walgreens parking lot. Well I was talking to one of the deputies and they were hauling this guy in an ambulance with his feet and legs pretty mangled. They had life light land and take the guy in the Jeep to the hospital, the last I heard is they were both in Critical condition. I was freaked out, I had to stay and give my account of what happened, and it took hours for them to finally remove the body and vehicles, when they flipped the jeep over there was practicly nothing left.

Here is a link to the story

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=4690433

I have seen other things before and this was just very very crazy and just plain nuts to be witness to. I am very dissapointed that only very few actually tried to help and didn't just sit around. As when I initially ran to the jeep, a guy yelled out to me and asked if anyone was in the jeep, not offering any assistance. It made me take the bike home for the day, it was about 2:30 when I was done at the scene.

It gave me light on the truth, just because you walk out the door doesn't mean you will for sure come back, so make sure to tell your loved ones you love them before leaving to go to work, school, ect . As anything can happen with the crazy idiots we drive with on the roads of Houston.

Jet

Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

thats crazy. We need more people like you to give a hand.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

damn man. life comes at you FAST. i applaude you for helping someone like that, putting your safety on the line for someone else is awesome. i hope the jeep guy comes out of this
Old 10-27-2006, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

I'm glad you were willing to help out. I try to help people like that. some people have no morals and only think of themselves.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew not to move the guy in the jeep, the only way he was going to be taken out by anyone including myself was if the jeep did catch on fire, as I would not just sit around and watch someone burn to death.

As for helping ya people are sue happy now days no doubt about it. But there is also laws that protect people that do help, it is called the good samaritan law or something like that. Either way I would help regardless of the situation, as I will not stand by and watch someone die.

I just hope that what I did is what anyone else would do if I was in this situation. I hope that if anything ever happened I don't get the people that are not willing to help out.

As for it being a long story, it was but I was just trying to let eveyone see what happened from my point of view. As anything can and will happen when you least expect it..

J
Old 10-27-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

It sucks to see things like this happen. I was fishing in Galveston about 3 years ago and was heading towards the bait shop and saw some lights flickering out the corner of my eye. When I turned to look I saw a swerving turck smash into a parked car on the seawall and then flip off the seawall itself. I ran over there like you and a few others followed but none of them went down to the truck but me. The truck was still in gear but on its roof so I bent down to check on the driver but he was dead. I could see his legs but the rest of him was crushed under the truck.

What really sucks is later somebody went to look at the car he hit and there was a guy all mangled up in the back seat. I would guess he was probably sleeping in the front and ended up in the back. He was dead too.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 AM

call me
Old 10-27-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Call me, too.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
what a dick!!!
but funny.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:31 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by crsmetal
what a dick!!!
but funny.
I couldn't resist sharing this pic.

Sad story though. Experiencing things like that is never enjoyable. I've been there...
Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Just saw another news report about this accident. The dump truck driver has been charged with criminal negligent homicide and is getting the boot from the job. That should slow his azz down a bit.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/10253490/detail.html

Vernon
Old 11-08-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Pimp

I couldn't resist sharing this pic.

Sad story though. Experiencing things like that is never enjoyable. I've been there...
Yeah, but you were the one under the car..
Old 11-09-2006, 01:45 AM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by _Zac
Yeah, but you were the one under the car..
Fbodies can't hold me down!!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya it was pretty crazy to say the least, very sad also that it happened at all. Now there is a 27 year old dead, and a guy going down for manslaughter. This is one of those situations that no one wins, everyone looses..

J
Old 11-10-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Pimp

Fbodies can't hold me down!!
At least not for long.. Bitch is pulling mad wool with that azn haircut!!