where are some you pull it yards around the houston area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006 | 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default where are some you pull it yards around the houston area?

I have wednesday afternoon and thursday off, and am really giving consideration to just going and ******* around and seeing if there are any parts I should bother grabbing, and of course will be going to check exhausts and **** like that to see if, of course, there is anything useful there either...

also, in posting this I just realized I haven't any ******* tools aside from a cheapass socket set, a cordless drill, a hammer and some pliers... think I'd get by on that?
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

there's always www.car-part.com
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tootall
there's always www.car-part.com
something tells me I won't find what i'm looking for on there
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think theres a huge pick-n-pull in San Antonio, if you're willing to drive. Also I think Hi-Way Auto is in Brownwood- that plce is freekin huge.. I call them for the expensive dealer-only items I need replaced, and they always have what im looking for
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:55 PM
That's what she said...

Go to MTI, bring only your wallet.

My uncle borrowed my jack to go get some dirt-track car parts one day. When he brought it back, it was covered in mud and the high speed valve didn't work anymore. On the upside, one guy found a complete GMMG and bought it for $50 at a junk yard.
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

what are you looking for? There's some yards on N Shepherd, another off Scott St.

You can walk into most, and describe a part that you need, if the guy behind the counter has no idea what you're talking about, or that doesn't speek english, they'll just let you "walk back" and show someone what you're looking for.
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

pick n pull in sa is only good if you are hunting older stuff. My bro and I pillage and plunder there on a regular basis. Their late model stuff starts at about 96'. I find al lkinds of odds and ends for my various projects. A lot of the stuff is picked over so you have to keep an eye on stuff in order to land a steal.
Old 10-30-2006 | 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Go to MTI, bring only your wallet.

My uncle borrowed my jack to go get some dirt-track car parts one day. When he brought it back, it was covered in mud and the high speed valve didn't work anymore. On the upside, one guy found a complete GMMG and bought it for $50 at a junk yard.
found all that at MTI ?

I'm actually going to be looking at exhausts, and a few interior things here and there and going to see what I can see... when I was living in washington, I was a 3rd gen person, I had a lucky day in a pull a part when I found two cars with a whole slew of things I had been wanting... pair of spohn lca's, adjustable phb, and torque arm, an 89 1LE spring/shock set, wonder bar, and, to my surprise... a 12 bolt with some 4.11's ... all that for under 300 bucks in 2001 ...

hoping I'll get lucky enough down here with some things