Hooker Super Competition Ceramic Coated Headers: For Sale, PM me... $400.00 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess the Flo Pro Twisters made the difference because mine were just a generic bullet mufflers.........and my crossover X wasnt a one-off custom fabrication so $230 installed seemed good to me for 3" TD's but good luck with the sale and your new motor anyways.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by brady346
Well, I guess the Flo Pro Twisters made the difference because mine were just a generic bullet mufflers.........and my crossover X wasnt a one-off custom fabrication so $230 installed seemed good to me for 3" TD's but good luck with the sale and your new motor anyways.
sounds like you got a great deal! I didnt intend to be an *** about it.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

is it 400 SHIPPED for the hookers? Are they EGR?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
no more crack for you.......

Those Flo Pro Twisters cost over 120+ bucks by themselves... the piping is worth another 150+.... so if you can get me done and welded for 40 bucks you have a heck of a connection! BTW that does not include fabbing the X-pipe from scratch. X-pipe is worth more than 80 bones.... so 200 for the labor and hangers seems like a good deal to me.

Hutto, care to respond?
What this other joe got is like he said, Generic aluminized tubing. Go price Stainless tubing and then come back and tell me how much you would have paid to have someone weld it up clean. Not with the torch and filler sticks.

Then you can show me the busted *** cuts like someone who mass produces them, no names mentioned, of the two joining pipes. I use precision machinery to produce consistant results. Something that adds to the cost of manufacturing for quality parts. I also offer limited lifetime warranties on the systems. Not some 5 year joke. That says a lot about your craftsman ship and materials used. Generic bullets are just that. Glasspacks. Cost about 15 bucks a muffler to use. Do you really expect to get what you pay for with $230 bucks? Nuff said.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Hey I am lookin and ready to buy Hooker super comp. long tubed headers for my 01' WS6 Trans Am, are yours still for sale?? Please respond to this and let me know. Thanks!

-Kalee
Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6chick
Hey I am lookin and ready to buy Hooker super comp. long tubed headers for my 01' WS6 Trans Am, are yours still for sale?? Please respond to this and let me know. Thanks!

-Kalee

lets do it.... I will drop them at TRT this afternoon if..... you can pay him. He is open longer hours then myself.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

lets do it.... I will drop them at TRT this afternoon if..... you can pay him. He is open longer hours then myself.
you can pay him 400.00 with a credit card as well......
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ckyconan2003
is it 400 SHIPPED for the hookers? Are they EGR?

driving them to you would be cheaper than shipping them.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
What this other joe got is like he said, Generic aluminized tubing. Go price Stainless tubing and then come back and tell me how much you would have paid to have someone weld it up clean. Not with the torch and filler sticks.

Then you can show me the busted *** cuts like someone who mass produces them, no names mentioned, of the two joining pipes. I use precision machinery to produce consistant results. Something that adds to the cost of manufacturing for quality parts. I also offer limited lifetime warranties on the systems. Not some 5 year joke. That says a lot about your craftsman ship and materials used. Generic bullets are just that. Glasspacks. Cost about 15 bucks a muffler to use. Do you really expect to get what you pay for with $230 bucks? Nuff said.

when will they create stainless steel welds??? damn pipes have zero rust on em sittin outside under a tarp.... but those welds need some steel wool.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

when will they create stainless steel welds??? damn pipes have zero rust on em sittin outside under a tarp.... but those welds need some steel wool.
When you want to buy me a roll of stainless wire. But then id be limited in what I can weld. With Carbon steel wire, I can Mig everything I do. You could always buff the welds, tape around them and spray the welds with BBQ grill paint. Its not cost efficient to purchase 308 Stainless wire spools for my unit only to have to change wire spools often and risk losing 5-6 ft of it everytime i change. Then more people would bitch about price on duals because some Orale down the street does them for $250 with a 5 year warranty. LMFAO!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

You work for the ******* city....I dont guess I knew you were the premier global exhuast afficianado that you think. My exhaust was also welded with a MIG and not torch and filler rods. In fact, the only thing that looked better about your work was the use of the overpriced stainless and the bends and whole job werent as clean as mine (thats just a fact since you want to be a ***** about everything). Who the **** actually leaves the same exhaust on a car long enough or even the aluminized tubing to rust through? Me leaving one exhaust system on a car for 2 years certainly doesnt warrant me spending 3X the amount of money since there wasnt one rusty spot on the system when I sold it. I would also be willing to bet "ole joe blow muffler" that I used has more precise equipment than you and I know he has more experience. FWIW, there are several members on LS1TECH with the same setup from the same guy with the same mufflers and the systems constantly get compliments. So....in the end, I hope you can sell your stainless systems to everyone....I didnt say anything knocking your work until you went postal.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brady346
You work for the ******* city....I dont guess I knew you were the premier global exhuast afficianado that you think. My exhaust was also welded with a MIG and not torch and filler rods. In fact, the only thing that looked better about your work was the use of the overpriced stainless and the bends and whole job werent as clean as mine (thats just a fact since you want to be a ***** about everything). Who the **** actually leaves the same exhaust on a car long enough or even the aluminized tubing to rust through? Me leaving one exhaust system on a car for 2 years certainly doesnt warrant me spending 3X the amount of money since there wasnt one rusty spot on the system when I sold it. I would also be willing to bet "ole joe blow muffler" that I used has more precise equipment than you and I know he has more experience. FWIW, there are several members on LS1TECH with the same setup from the same guy with the same mufflers and the systems constantly get compliments. So....in the end, I hope you can sell your stainless systems to everyone....I didnt say anything knocking your work until you went postal.
No I do not work for a city either. Get that **** straight first and foremost.

I built the exhaust on his car. You insulted the price. I gave you reasoning. Please post pics of your exhaust so we can all gawk at it. You are proud of it so there shouldnt be an issue there right?

As far as experience, thats something id take a bet on. I doubt he's done as many dual exhausts on 4th Gen F-bodies as I have brother. Overall experience, its possible. Post the pics. Show us the great work you speak of.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

No I do not work for a city either. Get that **** straight first and foremost.

I built the exhaust on his car. You insulted the price. I gave you reasoning. Please post pics of your exhaust so we can all gawk at it. You are proud of it so there shouldnt be an issue there right?

As far as experience, thats something id take a bet on. I doubt he's done as many dual exhausts on 4th Gen F-bodies as I have brother. Overall experience, its possible. Post the pics. Show us the great work you speak of.

that I have to say is fact. Pics are not available.. he sold the car.

I like a nice looking exhaust under the car... people look under the car, see the 9 inch, the exhaust compliments it nicely.!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

that I have to say is fact. Pics are not available.. he sold the car.

I like a nice looking exhaust under the car... people look under the car, see the 9 inch, the exhaust compliments it nicely.!
So hes just running his mouth then? WOW...what a waste of my time.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you sell them????
Old 02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by avengedws6
Did you sell them????

not yet.... still up for sale.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

I didn't read all the post but i see they are still for sale, is the cermic redone on them?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Sooo.. have you sold them or what? You have 3 pages of offers....
Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Second Club

no.... just had em cleaned up..... ceramic was fine.... they look in pretty good shape. nowhere near perfect. still for sale.... First to pay TRT for em gets em... they are at his shop in Arlington off Cooper.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Where exactly is this shop at off of Cooper and who am I lookin to speak to about the headers?