Exhaust questions.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions.......

On my ta the exhaust is leaking right where the headers meet the catback. I have flp headers down to an orp with no cats, and magnaflow and I was just wondering a few things. Will they bitch about me not having a cat or anything like that?? I guess I am gonna take it to meineke because I dont know where else to take it here. Also it doesnt hurt to drive it with an exhaust leak that close will it?? It is loud as hell but it is not broken all the way, and yeah if you are wondering it is lowered and you all know how that goes! Also I am in san antonio if you know any good places.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ordered these awesome clamps from ws6store. Mine was leaking in the same spot and these exhaust clamps took care of the sound. Get two to be safe. I don't know exactly what they're called but call the ws6store and the guy will order them for you. I think they were like 22 bucks a piece. The clamps are self threaded but my dad put on a self locking aircraft nuts. These suckers arent moving anywhere.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

I would love to do something like that but, the deal is I am going out of town tommorow and I have to have that car for her to drive so it has to be done for sure.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also if you don't have any cats, most exhaust shops will not even help you. Got to find someone cool with a lift or you can do it yourself with jackstands.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...c874c4cd12e2a2
Old 11-21-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well try to find a local exhaust shop. Some will say its a liability issue if they work a car w/o cats.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Damn that sucks, I dont know what the hell to do now