Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:38 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donohue96M6Z28, CF = Corvette Forum.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 PM
9 Second Club NA

I sent another PM to the 1st member I mentioned apologizing and agreeing to do Western Union. He read the message, but no reply. So I guess he realized I had it all figured out and didn't want to go through with it. Maybe it was for the best.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The part of the scam with western union is if they use a credit card to send the money. Then cansel the card after you get the cash western union will come back to you for the money. A friend of mine got screwed for about $800 that way. I am not sure exactly how it happened some thing with the credit card is not charged till after the money is picked up. So never send or recive money from some one you don't know with western union. Cash in hand means nouthing after you send the parts and w/u calls and wants there money back!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

The part of the scam with western union is if they use a credit card to send the money. Then cansel the card after you get the cash western union will come back to you for the money. A friend of mine got screwed for about $800 that way. I am not sure exactly how it happened some thing with the credit card is not charged till after the money is picked up. So never send or recive money from some one you don't know with western union. Cash in hand means nouthing after you send the parts and w/u calls and wants there money back!
glad someone knows what the scam was

and download mozilla 2.0, it has spell checking built in
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

and I would say do not do it!!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
9 Second Club NA

Ok...so I called Western Union to go over some more things. I asked them, once I received the check and cashed it at the agency that I got the check from, is there anyway that I could be liable for fraud? In other words, once I've got the cash in hand, would there be any way that they could come after me or the money if something went sour on his end? The answer is no. If something went wrong, he would be responsible. If he paid with cash, then there wouldn't be anything to worry about, but if it was with a debit card or credit card, and something went wrong, then it wouldn't have anything to do with me. Also, all that I have to provide him is my name for him to send me money. Because when I go into the agency, I have to show them my license, which will have my name, and that's all I need to receive my money.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do a search on other boards, look at the user history, and decide for yourself. I "Abdullah" has been a member over a Cz28.com for a while, I believe. See for yourself.

And, Like Camaroholic described, using Western Union is pretty safe.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cerebrex
Have you ever made a quality post? Get the **** off this board.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
What kind of problems did you have because I don't see how there could be any problem? I've been a member for like 4 or 5 years with zero problems. I first opened it up to make a purchase and only had my credit card on file. I then added my bank account because I found myself selling regularly on the net.
ive been registered with paypal for quite awhile, but i cant use it cause paypal wont work properly with my account at bank of america. ive talked to BOA and paypal about it and they both say theres no problem, but as many times as ive tried, paypal just wont accept my BOA account. everything should work, but doesnt for me. id like to use paypal, but cant. just my $.02

-cam
Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club NA

What's BOA?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Bank of America. I use them fine with Paypal.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

There is a # that you can call to verify the MO with western union. At work we have a list of #s for MOs so we can verify they are good and legit before we even accept them. If you can verify the MO is good then I wouldn't see a problem. But I would want the payment in my hand before I sent out the parts
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 PM
9 Second Club NA

Well its going to be wired in this situation. The Western Union agency would issue me the check, then I would cash it right there on the spot. So I would be walking out with cash.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

either way. the buyers still need to be intersted to do this. which it seems, they are not.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club NA

Just an update for those who kept up with this. The intake is sold, I got the money with no issues, and its on its way to its destination. I appreciate everyone's help.