emmissions testing in college station

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emmissions testing in college station

where can i go to get it tested in CS? i have no codes on the car or anything.
but where is a good place to get it passed? please pm me about the info... thanks
Formula M6
Mods: LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6 RR's, Moroso CAI, MAC Mids, ORY-pipe, Cut-out, LT4 KM, Air Foil, EGR!, AIR!, 3.73's, PCMFORLESS, Pro-kit springs, PHR adjustable, Grandsports- 9.5X17 front & 11X17 back, and Nitto 315s on back, Electric Cut-out, Shift Light, 160 thermo, 1LE elbow, B&M Ripper, and TA girdle. soon: LTCC and LCA's with Relocation brackets ing.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

UMM ERER we don't have emissions testing here just visuals if they know what to look for. If you are registered in houston you're stuck anyhow. I heard something from a couple of guys at the last meet they may start in the future but for know we don't.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

no emissions testing in college station yet.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

no emission testing ... My car was registered in Tarrant county, and they still passed me down here.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah most places just plug in a scan tool to check for codes and they might give the motor area a quick glance. Last time they didn't even open my hood and that was in dallas. You may have to sign an afidavite (sp) stating that you live in a non emissions county for most of the year.

Josh
Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

It dosent matter where you get it tested, it matters where your car is registered. On the old stickers, if there was a line under the year then we knew that it was registered in an emission county and told them to have it inspected there also. If you live here, just register it in this county and then your free from emission testing.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

my car has been sitting in my garage for the past 2 years, i finally got it running and i need to get everything done on it... It was registered 2 years ago in houston harris county (worst emmisions testing in the world besides cali). Am i still registered in houston or am i free to go up to Cs and do it? if i am good, where do i go to register my car in CS? And then where do i go to get tested? Thanks for all your replies too!!
I will be heading up to Cs this thurs in my car hopefully...
-braden
Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Nope if it was registered in harris that's where it will have to be done because the vehicle is still registered there regardless of the state of the stickers. Unless you are actually living down here and as mentioned earlier an affidavit may get you by.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

i will be living down there in about 1 month, my brother lives there already... so if they ask can i just say i live with him... i am there every week. So do i get re registar my car in houston and drive up there and take a chance that they will pass me? does any one know a "friendly" place where i can go?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

If the title is in your name and you are living here it can be registered here. Go to the tax office located in downtown bryan (exit boonville and go towards bryan, it is right after you cross texas) with you license, proof of insurance, a bill in your name with the address, and title. I think it cost me around 70 bucks.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red95ssclone
If the title is in your name and you are living here it can be registered here. Go to the tax office located in downtown bryan (exit boonville and go towards bryan, it is right after you cross texas) with you license, proof of insurance, a bill in your name with the address, and title. I think it cost me around 70 bucks.

I actually am in CS right now and met a few people who helped me out and i passed my car already. A lot of cool guys in CS.