Does anyone work at Car Toys off of El Dorado or other Houston location?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can afford to waste $200 on a chrome tailgate handle, then you should be able to afford $4 G's worth of car audio stuff
Old 12-16-2006, 11:16 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked the salesman if there was anything he could work out as far as prices go since I was buying almost $3k worth of equipment. He said no, because some of the items except 2 were already on sale. Whether they were or not, they're still making a killing off of them. I know what cost is on these items, so that's how I know that they're high.

Kewl_Blades, I want to save money, but I don't want refurbished equipment.

2002C5COUPE, what's with you posting these somewhat negative comments? Yeah I may have spent a bit much on a tailgate handle, but were talking about $190 vs. several thousands of dollars. I don't know who you think I am or what kind of money I've got, but I still like to save money just like everyone else. Even if money wasn't an issue for me, it doesn't mean I have to pay full price for things.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I asked the salesman if there was anything he could work out as far as prices go since I was buying almost $3k worth of equipment. He said no, because some of the items except 2 were already on sale. Whether they were or not, they're still making a killing off of them. I know what cost is on these items, so that's how I know that they're high.

Kewl_Blades, I want to save money, but I don't want refurbished equipment.

2002C5COUPE, what's with you posting these somewhat negative comments? Yeah I may have spent a bit much on a tailgate handle, but were talking about $190 vs. several thousands of dollars. I don't know who you think I am or what kind of money I've got, but I still like to save money just like everyone else. Even if money wasn't an issue for me, it doesn't mean I have to pay full price for things.

No negativity here. My other replies were my opinions, the last one was a joke, don't take it so serious.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

Well, those items are all on sale and you are saving money compared to if they were still full price.
What do you have against refurbished? An item that is guaranteed by the manufacturer and seller to perform at the exact same specs as a non-refurbished item but at half the cost....that is exactly what you should be looking for. You want quality at a discounted price, right? There it is. Waiting for you in the land of the refurbished.
Remember, these are not reman'd alternators or waterpumps.