QA1 R Series or Strange Coil Overs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:21 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QA1 R Series or Strange Coil Overs?

I am going to install Coil Overs on my 2000 Formula & have heard through the Grapevine that Strange Shocks seem to Out shine the QA1 Shocks on consistantacy & just over all quailty?

What is everyone experience with the QA1 R Series Coil Over Shocks? Good Bad

The Strange are cheaper but I am not worried about the price, I am more concerned with the Quailty & performance of the Coilover Shock I use?

Please dicuss?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

I've got the QA1 'R' shocks and I like 'em. Strange are good too though. Its hard to say which one is better. Its more a matter of opinion...
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
I've got the QA1 'R' shocks and I like 'em. Strange are good too though. Its hard to say which one is better. Its more a matter of opinion...

Did you feel a diffrence in weight transfer & did your 60fts drop? Also how is the ride quality of your car from before & after, thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SEBLS1
I am going to install Coil Overs on my 2000 Formula & have heard through the Grapevine that Strange Shocks seem to Out shine the QA1 Shocks on consistantacy & just over all quailty?

What is everyone experience with the QA1 R Series Coil Over Shocks? Good Bad

The Strange are cheaper but I am not worried about the price, I am more concerned with the Quailty & performance of the Coilover Shock I use?

Please dicuss?
Some Qa1's leak. Strange is a nice product. If my Qa1's start leaking in the front ill be going with a strange too.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SEBLS1
Did you feel a diffrence in weight transfer & did your 60fts drop? Also how is the ride quality of your car from before & after, thanks
Yes, the QA1s definitely helped my 60'. The 'R' series is alittle more for drag racing so it will sway some going around corners. Its not too bad though.

QA1 has some other adjustable shocks if your looking for street/strip shocks. They can get pricey though depending on how much adjustability you want.