2007 z06 vs. NEON vs. 2004 z06 ***video***

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAGER
"427ci C6 ZO6" (didn't know they had other motor options).......427ci optioned car. lol
Have to remember we are talking to neon boys here.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Fast yes, but still a NEON.

B
Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

def. quick and thats sick power. what song is that?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Good race!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Taste the rainbow.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

its not working for me. is it working for you guys?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

i can see it, and i dont have a myspace
Old 01-23-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Fast Neon, thats for sure. BUT I do have to point out a few things.

The races with the "427ci C6 ZO6" (didn't know they had other motor options) it looked like the ZO6 had no idea when the race was to start. And proof of that is the difference between the two races, first one you sucker punched him in the face and you were gone. Second race was ALOT closer.
There was no 3 honk racing with the C6 ZO6.......427ci optioned car. lol

The C5 ZO6 race I did hear some honks and again was alot closer then stealing the move, but you were a car out to start with. You can see him on the other side of that one car in the middle lane and ZO6 in the slow lane.
In that race though pulls a car back on you, slow shifts and lets out. That race was like 4 seconds! lol

Not trying to jump your ****, just pointing out some things in this vid. Very fast car you have for sure and props to it. Get that input shaft fixed and make some more vids. I'd like to see it on race gas, sure its a monster!

Peace,
Craig.

Well said. You can't have a fair race if you just randomly accelerate up to WOT without the other car knowing when to. Typical ricer if you ask me I bet if another race was done right he wouldn't put a car on him.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
LS7 Member

I guess the neon guy shouldn't have been picking on these vettes on pump gas. It wasn't fair seeing as how he is giving up 4+ liters of engine to both cars. :blahblahblah:

Tech has some of the biggest domestic ricers ever. They raced for fun. All parties had fun. blah blah so what. Nice vid to those involved. Hopefully next time you can be a little more organized in your racing with 3 honks and what not.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Fast Neon, thats for sure. BUT I do have to point out a few things.

The races with the "427ci C6 ZO6" (didn't know they had other motor options) it looked like the ZO6 had no idea when the race was to start. And proof of that is the difference between the two races, first one you sucker punched him in the face and you were gone. Second race was ALOT closer.
There was no 3 honk racing with the C6 ZO6.......427ci optioned car. lol

The C5 ZO6 race I did hear some honks and again was alot closer then stealing the move, but you were a car out to start with. You can see him on the other side of that one car in the middle lane and ZO6 in the slow lane.
In that race though pulls a car back on you, slow shifts and lets out. That race was like 4 seconds! lol

Not trying to jump your ****, just pointing out some things in this vid. Very fast car you have for sure and props to it. Get that input shaft fixed and make some more vids. I'd like to see it on race gas, sure its a monster!

Peace,
Craig.

i was in the outside slow lane and from where i was i couldnt hear a horn of any kind, both cars were already out on me and yes the neon always started a fender ahead of '07 and almost a car ahead of me in the 3rd race. if that POS car didnt pull out in my lane i would have stayed in it and made it a good race. i was having problems with my BPP shifter, put new springs in it, helped a little bit. i just had a clutch put in, not sure if there is a shift rod or linkage adjuster or something, i need to find out tomorrow. 350 miles on the clutch and yes i granny shifted and never took the motor to redline, shifting at 6k rpms, being conservative, i didnt want to break anything.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
I guess the neon guy shouldn't have been picking on these vettes on pump gas. It wasn't fair seeing as how he is giving up 4+ liters of engine to both cars. :blahblahblah:

Tech has some of the biggest domestic ricers ever. They raced for fun. All parties had fun. blah blah so what. Nice vid to those involved. Hopefully next time you can be a little more organized in your racing with 3 honks and what not.
we all know each other and yes it was just in good fun. we will get more organized.

im suppose to be running a Audi S4 with RS4 upgrades and a TT 996 this friday night or this weekend. both cars making well over 450 whp awd, should be fun!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Cool that all of you guys are buds, lets see some more vids when you guys can.
If the Neon is mega nasty then make it a fair race and let one of the ZO6's have the move for a change.

Also, if a 3-way race is going down the car in the middle should honk.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
def. quick and thats sick power. what song is that?
Drowning Pool - Tear Away
Old 01-24-2007, 05:29 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon
Drowning Pool - Tear Away
That's my boy. Just like Jason to know all the songs in the video LOL! Just kidding man I knew what it was too. I think that UTEvo8 thinks that some are making excuses and we are just pointing out a few of the problems with the races and they never said the car wasn't fast we just like to see good races and not a video that depicts a car just running away because it was the one who took off first. the second and third races were a lot better and your neon still won so what is the big deal you can't take a little critisisim? And everyone can be made out to be giving ricer excuses but not in this case.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Teching In

I guess they do not have anything better than 91/3 gas in Mexico?

Nice run Chris, you will have to do it again on race gas.

It's just a Neon, don't be scared boys
Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Billet input shaft, and race gas................................. Well from a roll a 777, is going to lose, and pull a ricer fly by. I can see from a slow roll the vettes advantage put a few cars on the skittle, but 4th and 5th, will be the ====izer!!! another almost 300 more whp with race gas, stupid fast, just left the building! I own a stg3, and I wouldn't care if it said Ace & Gary and it looked like a dick, it puts a smile on my face, my advice to you, taste the rainbow!!!!

now that's quality
Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inspector12
That's my boy. Just like Jason to know all the songs in the video LOL! Just kidding man I knew what it was too. I think that UTEvo8 thinks that some are making excuses and we are just pointing out a few of the problems with the races and they never said the car wasn't fast we just like to see good races and not a video that depicts a car just running away because it was the one who took off first. the second and third races were a lot better and your neon still won so what is the big deal you can't take a little critisisim? And everyone can be made out to be giving ricer excuses but not in this case.

Listen! We have two cars that have nearly twice the liters and 4 extra cylinders and your complaining about a little jump start! They ran far enough for both vettes to run him down. But as you see in the vids, they didnt. You can tell when someone accelerates. There's no turbo lag for you to wait on like the srt-4, just instant power. So for you to assume that it was some form of cheating is crazy.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
Have to remember we are talking to neon boys here.

This was the 2nd best quote.

Lord forbid someone not know what engine is available in a car they don't own.

#1 was when Charger had the audacity to say let the Corvette's have the move..

Asking for the move on a Neon? C`mon now. It's just a skittle boys.

edit:

HOLY CRAP 25psi, a 600+hp MR2? That has to be butt loads of fun.... I remember when the last body style came out my neighbor snagged one of the turbo models. It was a great little car!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Inspector12
My comment was directed more towards the "omg it's not fair... look at his mods etc." people. It's not my neon.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown04Z06
if that POS car didnt pull out in my lane i would have stayed in it and made it a good race.

Here is an idea, dont race in traffic. And some people wonder why the law is so hard on street racers.