What kind of weird stuff do you do (OCD)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Everybody has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) to some degree.

I was wondering what little things you guys just have to do.

You know what I'm talking about.

Those little habits.

I'll start:

1) When in the car I am always pulling the floormat in the driver's seat back.

2) I always make sure my cigarette lighter in the car is turned the right way.

3) I am always making sure the printing on the oil filter cap is aligned with the valve cover.

4) When drinking a soda, the label has to be facing out.

5) When I wash one of my cars I take the wheels off so I can clean the backside of them and the suspension parts.

6) When I park my car. as I walk away from it have to stare at it a few times

at home

7) I have to have a fan on to sleep! or I have a difficult time falling asleep
lol i do all of those also except for the soda thing
Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Location: The Republic of Texas, just south of the United States...

I'm unable to physically step on the painted handicap emblem in the handicapped parking space, always have to walk around it. I consider it bad luck, has alot to do with the next one.

I cannot walk across a busy street ever (have to drive across or wait until no traffic at all), being run over by a car in 1997 while crossing a street and losing my chosen career has something to do with this one.

I wash my hands at least 50-100 times a day, always after shaking someone elses hand. I carry a bottle of Purell with me everywhere. Research shows that most people don't wash their hands after using the restroom and I don't want someone else's ******* critters crawling around on my hands while I'm trying to enjoy my fries. And I have yet in my 40 years to have met anyone who does not pick their nose, and if you say you don't you're most likely one of those people who eats their pickings.

I hate onions worse than my exwife and she's a cowardly ******* bitch. I order all food with no onions no matter what, I instruct the waiter/waitress (always in a nice way) that if an onion has even touched the plate they have to redo the order completely from the beginning. Onions and my exwife are just the side drippings of Satan in my book.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

car stuff:
-Windows must be: all the way up, 3 inches from the top, exactly in the middle, or all the way down. Both windows have to be set the same too. I also have to take the windows all the down then back up alittle so that the top of the glass is even with the weather stripping but not sticking above it.
-Rear view mirror must line up with the bottom of the back window.
-Passenger seat must be all the way back while the backrest must be the same angle as the driver seat.
-Sun visors have to be both folded up or folded down (even if im driving alone)
-While driving Im constantly checking to make sure my headlights are off or on depending on if its dark out and the foglight switch is on, Im always clicking the button on the E-brake to make sure its not engaged, I always jiggle the shifter to make sure its in neutral, and i have to make sure my bass **** is in the right place and turned all the way up.
-Cell phone must be facing up towards me in the cup holder.
-I try not to let my tires hit the dotted lines or reflectors when switching lanes.

Non-Car:
-Microwave timer cannot be set to a multiple of 5 or a number used twice or i wont cook the food. example: 11,15,20,33,115,144. This one drives me crazy!
-I have to have a fan on to sleep along with the door being shut.
-When I come home my wallet,keys,and cell have a certain place on my dresser and must be in the order of my cell being on top of the wallet and my keys directly to the right of them.
-When reading a webpage I have to keep clicking the mouse until it sounds and feels right. Ive actually worn the gray coloring off the left button on my mouse down to the bare plastic. lol

I had no idea I had this many weird quirks until i read this thread!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Regginator
-Microwave timer cannot be set to a multiple of 5 or a number used twice or i wont cook the food. example: 11,15,20,33,115,144. This one drives me crazy!

Why does that bug you so much?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Splitz

Why does that bug you so much?
ha I couldnt tell ya but it does
Old 03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

jagged edge of all keys on my keyring have to face the same way and biggest to smallest order
Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
jagged edge of all keys on my keyring have to face the same way and biggest to smallest order
yeah im the same way about the keys, the jagged edge has to point the same direction..

i also refuse to pull my car forward into spots unless its absolutely necessary (i got hit a few years ago backing out of a spot by some woman going 30+ at walmart)

when walking up stairs i notice i always try to have my left foot hit the ground after the last step first...

i have one of those watches that has the 15, 30, 45, 60 outer ring on it that you can move, i always keep 60 on top, if its moved somehow i fix it
Old 03-26-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I always put the keys in the same way no matter what I'm driving...keychain has to face a certain way.

Cd player has to be on even number or 5's.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am always aligning the tip on my paint gun to make sure it is perfectly straight right before I spray.

cigarette lighter must be aligned along with vents

seats must be aligned

windows must be rolled down at exactly the same height

make sure dash light dimmer is set to all the way bright

cell phone must always have all ununsed apps closed

cannot have any unread messages on anything

when I sleep cellphone must be aligned with dresser

lock car twice ( about 20 seconds apart) to make door lock actuators have completely locked my vehicle - I drive an 81

probably alot more, thats just off the top
Old 03-27-2007, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) I am just like the fan guys - I've had a box fan for 8 years that must be on or I cannot sleep.
2) I am VERY organized, I keep my filing cabinet at home up-to-date by category every weekend.
3) My TA and the Vette have to be clean every day without rain spots or dust or it bothers me until I wash them.
4) I hate traffic - and in Dallas it will never change, and when I get behind someone too slow and cannot go around them for a few seconds, this bothers me.
5) I cannot stand how slow Gvmt. employees are, they act like they have 9 years to get something done. I know cause I work with them!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 AM
9 Second Club

while I drive I continuously keep checking the e-brake handle to make sure its all the way down... even if I checked it seconds prior, I subconciously do it again.

this problem is amplified alot in the C6 because the handle does not go down all the way so I keep thinking its up.....

Last edited by Tiago; 03-27-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

yea dude i cant sleep without my fan going, and that about it im not really a neat freak or anything
Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tiago
while I drive I continuously keep checking the e-brake handle to make sure its all the way down... even if I checked it seconds prior, I subcontionsly do it again.

this problem is amplified alot in the C6 because the handle does not go down all the way so I keep thinking it up.....

i do the same thing in my car... even though i know it's down, it's like i freak out and reach for it panicking.

i'm really ocd about drawers and cabinet doors being closed..... if my boyfriend leaves a drawer open in the bathroom i CANNOT do anything in that room until it's closed.

also, i can't sleep with the bedroom door open.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Launching!

oh, and when i'm holding my keys (walking to/from the car, leaving my house, etc.) i ALWAYS have to be holding my car key in my hand, with the remaining keys and keychains dangling outside my hand. it's kinda weird.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

You people need to drink more.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

hahahahahahah; ive got some of the same syndrom as others..

NOW I know how to **** of you guys.. LOL
Old 05-08-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

not car related, but I work in a grocery store (gatta start somewhere) and after 20 months, I everyone on the belt to be aligned. After I scan something, it has to be in a nice orderly fashion going down the other end on the belt. It pisses off the bagger cuz they're waiting to do their job, as im standing there making it look nice with one hand, and scanning with the other
Old 05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

when it comes to my car, i have to park perfectly in between the lines, and not pull too far foward, cant leave it too far back, then i lock it a few times, walk away and then turn and look at it, then walk back make sure its locked, then walk off and sometimes look at it again

tv volume has to be on even numbers

when im at my desk, i have to have stuff kinda even, like if i have some junk on the right side, i have to move some to the left

ill check my alarm so many times to make sure its set, then i set my cell phone alarm just to be safe, then i check my alarm a few more times

i keep my floor clean, the part that i see from my desk, ill throw it all in this pile thats still on the floor but out of site from my desk

i have so many more
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

when i use the microwave i never enter a number thats a multiple of 5 or 10. i put like 23 or 49 for the seconds.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my wife is giving me head, I have to slap her in the face 3 times while I'm blowing my load in her eyes and over her chest. J/K, but seriously...