Colts 29 Bears 17

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol... ****, i think everybody wants to kill rex..lol.. im just curious as to what there game plan was. drew bledsoe will be the bears starter next year!!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffstar
2 Black coaches took teams to the Super Bowl
A Black coach has won the NFL Super Bowl

Why the **** does this have to be a part of any discussion? Has it been done before? No. So what? Why cant it be about how great the coaches are, and how they have worked their asses of to get where they are? What could this possibly promote? All it says to me is that we are STILL a segregated society, where race and color still matter. If this is such a HUGE deal, why do the coaches brush off all questions asked on this subject?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is the first Super Bowl where a White QB won under a Black head coach.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Drew Bledsoe Will Be The Starting Qb For Da Bears!!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DSIM
Why the **** does this have to be a part of any discussion? Has it been done before? No. So what? Why cant it be about how great the coaches are, and how they have worked their asses of to get where they are? What could this possibly promote? All it says to me is that we are STILL a segregated society, where race and color still matter. If this is such a HUGE deal, why do the coaches brush off all questions asked on this subject?
I think you're living in a ******* DREAM if you think racism isn't alive in well in this world....sorry pal. I think it was relevant and important. I'm glad for those coaches and I hope this opens up the doors to black men in the college ranks.

Enjoy your personal planet were racism does not exist. I will celebrate the fact that a step in the right direction has been made.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Im not saying that a step in the right direction hasnt been made. And I dont live in this so-called personal planet. On this day, when Tony is basking in his victory, he is not merely a coach... but a black coach. This hasnt been an issue ONCE this season, so why cant he just be a great coach? In a world where we are ATTEMPTING to erase the dividing line, here we are filling it back in.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

I just can't agree with that philosphy. I think we should celebrate this type of success by minorities when it's the FIRST TIME EVER for it to happen. (black Super Bowl head coach)

Let's agree to disagree, because we are on the same team arguing how success should be dealt with In other words we are acting like democrats!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

In other words we are acting like democrats!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

I think you're living in a ******* DREAM if you think racism isn't alive in well in this world....sorry pal. I think it was relevant and important. I'm glad for those coaches and I hope this opens up the doors to black men in the college ranks.

Enjoy your personal planet were racism does not exist. I will celebrate the fact that a step in the right direction has been made.

You're only perpetuating the "difference." Obviously, there's always going to be racism in this world. It's just a form of hate.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs

Best Super Bowls? You must not have seen very many Super Bowls then. This one was rather lame.
when was the last time a super bowl was better than this one? and please dont say a cowboys SB.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just can't agree with that philosphy. I think we should celebrate this type of success by minorities when it's the FIRST TIME EVER for it to happen. (black Super Bowl head coach)

Let's agree to disagree, because we are on the same team arguing how success should be dealt with In other words we are acting like democrats!

funny dungy doesnt share your opinion. the interviewers tried to steer it in that direction and dungy ignored it. he was more proud that two Christian coaches played each other on the super bowl.

and at the democrats comment
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
when was the last time a super bowl was better than this one? and please dont say a cowboys SB.

You're right, it wasn't a Cowboys one. When they make it to the Super Bowl, they're so far superior in every aspect to the opposing team.. it's usually a blow out.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

I'm still waiting for the Oilers...oh, wait. I ran into Bud Adams in his Houston office one time. I was just checking the building fire alarm system. I didn't say anything about football.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hawgs
You're right, it wasn't a Cowboys one. When they make it to the Super Bowl, they're so far superior in every aspect to the opposing team.. it's usually a blow out.

You mean like that one in '69 where they lost to the Colts... or the one in '76? Or hey, how about Super Bowl 13 in '79?

I know they have won a bunch, but damn....
Old 02-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned

Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I see skipperbisket visited the Midwest Section