Attn Eric (ESR)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got in touch with him a day or two before and met up with him the next day and all went well, I was looking forward to using him again, def no complaints here, he pulled through in my deal.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
you guys are harsh, Eric did this stuff on the side and wasn't a "business". He also had his Mom pass away not too long ago, that is about when he started taking a break from doing tuning. When he was doing the tuning, he was very easy to reach. Everyone has their own life changing moments, so ease up.
It's simply "communication"...I think EVERYBODY would understand if he decided to step away from doing any tuning and wanted a break. I think we can all relate to that. But that, to my knowledge, was NEVER said to anyone and thats where the problem lies. Its simple communication.

I'm very sorry to hear about his loss as I know how difficult this can be.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
you guys are harsh, Eric did this stuff on the side and wasn't a "business". He also had his Mom pass away not too long ago, that is about when he started taking a break from doing tuning. When he was doing the tuning, he was very easy to reach. Everyone has their own life changing moments, so ease up.
well put. its not like he relied on tuning to fund his life, its just something that interested him, oh well to each his own.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric has expressed not wanting to do this. What started out as helping a couple of buddies out turned into "eric the tuner". If you got charged money, its prolly because he really didnt want to do it. I run into that here in Ga...still learning tuning myself...i have done a few for free so i can say "go f##$ yourself" if they bitch and dont like it. Nobody doing this as a hobby wants the responsibility of friends/acquaintances motors looming over them. I told him not to get into tuning because of the responsibility it would carry. He is out of the game now and moving on but is still a helluva nice guy....just burnt out on the game and the people in the tuning world.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:49 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Eric has expressed not wanting to do this. What started out as helping a couple of buddies out turned into "eric the tuner". If you got charged money, its prolly because he really didnt want to do it. I run into that here in Ga...still learning tuning myself...i have done a few for free so i can say "go f##$ yourself" if they bitch and dont like it. Nobody doing this as a hobby wants the responsibility of friends/acquaintances motors looming over them. I told him not to get into tuning because of the responsibility it would carry. He is out of the game now and moving on but is still a helluva nice guy....just burnt out on the game and the people in the tuning world.
I agree with a lot of what you guys say defending him on his actions, but for the people that did pay and bought the software for him like Chuck, I dont think this is the same type situation. We/I asked him many times if he wanted to tune Chucks car many times and he said yes telling him he didn't have to if he didn't want to cause we could get LS1JOE to tune it etc... He said he wanted to and if we had any problems to give him a ring and he would be glad to address the issues etc... We said we didn't expect him to do it for free and that we would pay him each time he came out. the problem is that he never even returned a call to say hey I'm not doing it any more just silence which pissed people off especially when we bought the software and now had to buy it again! I think the least he could have done is tell us what was going on instead of just leaving us hanging with our peckers in our hands. I like Eric too so I am not saying anything bad about his personality just his work ethics and treatment we recieved. i wish him all the luck with the GF and his job.
Jeff
Old 02-18-2007, 04:16 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah you are prolly right....a phone call woulda helped. Eric just lost all ls1 interest at once ...out tha game and disappeared. I think he was disgusted with his own car....tuning others and his mom passing and just said "***** it". May not be the right way to do things but I dont hold it against him....friends are hard to come by and I got more important stuff to worry about. Eric has his faults and I have mine. Not saying he is right or wrong...just saying everybody has a "***** it" moment and this might have been his.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Default tuning

I just wanted to say that Eric has helped me out many times. He drove across town 35miles each way 2 times for me because my car wouldnt run at all. One time it was pouring down rain. I felt he didnt have to do that but he did. You guys are very harsh. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and bash someone when you dont know the situation.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
You guys are very harsh. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and bash someone when you dont know the situation.
Dude "What the ****" are you talking about?? NOBODY ever said he hasn't helped anyone out...according to Eric, this was something he enjoyed doing on these high HP FI cars. He was paid for "everything" he did for me...I even gave him a little extra at times for his help. Nobody on this thread has "bashed" him in any way. It's pretty simple...the ONLY point some of us are trying to make here is that Eric, for whatever reason you want to use, did not finish some jobs he said he was going to finish. Plain and simple.

What pissed a few of us off is he did not have the common curtousy of returning phone calls explaining his situation, whatever that may be. So just chill the **** out as it looks like you were not the one left standing with your dick in your hand, as Inspector12 so elequently put it...

NUFF SAID!!

Last edited by DJ's99SS; 02-19-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got a question for those of you that think Eric stiffed you. Did you pay him on the side, or did you go through Conley's? Had you gone through a shop, they would probably honor any agreements made. If you did things backdoor, sometimes you don't get what you pay for
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Default dj

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
Dude "What the ****" are you talking about?? NOBODY ever said he hasn't helped anyone out...according to Eric, this was something he enjoyed doing on these high HP FI cars. He was paid for "everything" he did for me...I even gave him a little extra at times for his help. Nobody on this thread has "bashed" him in any way. It's pretty simple...the ONLY point some of us are trying to make here is that Eric, for whatever reason you want to use, did not finish some jobs he said he was going to finish. Plain and simple.

What pissed a few of us off is he did not have the common curtousy of returning phone calls explaining his situation, whatever that may be. So just chill the **** out as it looks like you were not the one left standing with your dick in your hand, as Inspector12 so elequently put it...

NUFF SAID!!
Listen DJ, calm down. I never directed my post towards you. Cussing and getting mad will never solve anything. I can understand venting. There were others bashing him. Like nineball said, if it was a backdoor deal then you have no recourse. If it was through a shop then go to the shop. Eric didnt run a business like others up the thread explained, not you DJ. Anywho my intentions were not to start a keyboard battle, if I got you riled up Dj I apoligize.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Listen DJ, calm down. I never directed my post towards you. Cussing and getting mad will never solve anything. I can understand venting. There were others bashing him. Like nineball said, if it was a backdoor deal then you have no recourse. If it was through a shop then go to the shop. Eric didnt run a business like others up the thread explained, not you DJ. Anywho my intentions were not to start a keyboard battle, if I got you riled up Dj I apoligize.
Apology accepted...and yes that was some venting too. I have a very hard time with people that don't keep their word. Or just common curtousy. To me, through my life's experiences, honestly and integrity are the most important traits in someone's personality. Weather its a personal relationship or business...if you don't have either of those qualities you will never be someone I want to associate with, period.

I'm a little confused, now who "exactly" was bashing Eric? I just re-read all the posts and did not find one person "bashing" him...
Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think anyone bashed him either although the thought did cross my mind, but I didn't because I just thought I would be a better person than him. And by that I mean that I knew he wasn't running a business and so I took him on his word of what he was going to do etc... I just chalked it up as another lesson learned and another aspect of my car that I am going to get real familiar with myself (tunning). I know why DJ was a little upset as if any of you had ever had the pleasure of working with someone as easy going and understanding as Dennis is then you would wonder why anyone would leave such a nice guy hanging etc... He has all the right to vent IMO.