Tonight is the night! On the Speed Channel 10 PM.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken Gushi all the way. WTF happen to the Nissan Z?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Trunion King

Everybody is dropping off the race like flies...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Trunion King

How the f*ck did she win?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She got her lap back when they stoped for gas.

The tune went to **** in the Z and was running way to rich that caused the clutch line to heat up and we had no clutch

sucks to be us and suckes to loose 100,000 that way but it sure was fun.

And we are going back for round 2
Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why the hell cant a C6 go 15 laps around a road corse. Didnt the prototypes do like 20 laps around Nuburering(sp) with out a hitch. The corvette should have won!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
Why the hell cant a C6 go 15 laps around a road corse. Didnt the prototypes do like 20 laps around Nuburering(sp) with out a hitch. The corvette should have won!
The C6 pushed a head gasket.

I don't know but I think the kid missed a shift at the drag strip and hurt it.

The C6 did finish running in safe mode which allows the engine to run but only at 2000 rpm
Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Trunion King

That kid is not COMING back is he?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know.

All I do know is that I have been asked to bring another car if and when they do another show.

I have requested to bring a F body this time.

Hope to bring a 2000 or up WS6
Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mitchntx

Be careful on the internet. You never really know who is on the other keyboard.

Yes !!! ...new sig quote !!

I liked the show , its a good thing they had the kid in the vette or it would have been a blow out.I'll watch the next one.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00LS1SS

I liked the show , its a good thing they had the kid in the vette or it would have been a blow out.I'll watch the next one.
Like I have stated before

It was a blast.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Poor Lou G.

All he got was two free bathrobes, hot rocks piled on him, and came up wayyy short for $100,000.00

Actually- I'm glad he lost because he alienated his own driver- saying he would rather have that reckless Gushi-boy pilot his Vette. He came off way wrong and complained about the outcome- despite he wasn't near winning.. showing what a sore loser he was. I saw what appeared to be a mantra of all the teams wishing that "anyone-except-Lou G" would win.

All's not bad- he boosted the careers of the Cope girls.. and also showed how not to go on TV with the gray roots of your hair showing, and having a short bowling-ball physique in a race jumpsuit. Maybe Nutrisystem and Just For Men stickers on the Vette?

Yup- all this and they lost to a girl in a Mustang.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Just so you know.

If the dodge would have won the race and the mustang would finished in second

Lou would have won the 100,000 with his total pionts
Old 03-15-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2redgmc
Just so you know.

That's fu%^ed up!!! So why was there confusion over the timing and scoring of laps? Shouldn't it have been clearly noticed by each team where they stood in relation to each team driver considering there were only 5 teams towards the end.

Also why was there a carb on the Year one camaro, why not fuel injection? I think he could have taken the drag race if he would have had a car that ran right.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
Also why was there a carb on the Year one camaro, why not fuel injection? I think he could have taken the drag race if he would have had a car that ran right.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:21 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
That's fu%^ed up!!! So why was there confusion over the timing and scoring of laps? Shouldn't it have been clearly noticed by each team where they stood in relation to each team driver considering there were only 5 teams towards the end.

They burnt up a couple of fuel pumps is what was killing the performance. They had it figuered out finally for the road race, but the trany went I believe. Our car started running like **** the more high octane fuel we used for some reason. We had talked about it being the possible problem as the higher octane fuel messes with the O2 sensors so they cant read right and just pour fuel in causing the extremely hot exhaust heating the clutch fluid in the qualifiying session. We tie strapped it away from the exhaust and that worked almost till the end and then he was just RPM matching to shift, and we went back to the stock tune as it was doing a better job of dealing with the odd O2 readings it was running better, but rich and we also got real close to running out of fuel due to all the above problems. The next day filled up with 93 and it ran flawlessly since then so we learned a valuable lesson the hard was loosing 100K in the process. Lou offered us 20K to drop out and let them win, but I told him we came to do the best we could and that is what we did. No one wanted to win by default and I we didn't want to loose by it either. We did finish Lou's car didn't finish all the laps only three of us did Challenger, Mustang and our 350. Lou just had a lot of points from the earlier rounds so he didn't have to do real good just ok to win, but it just didn't work out for either of us. Like they say if something is going to go wrong it is going to be on race day LOL! So true. We were a little upset, but we are just a few reagular guys that can turn wrenches and know a little about a lot of things and to get 3rd wasn't bad for a car we had never worked on and competeing against Lou who does this compettively. If we go back and take an LS1 we will do a lot better in the mechanicle relaiability department cause it is what I am most familiar with and know quite a bit about. We'll see what happens if they ask me back I'll go and hopefully do better. It was a blast that is for sure.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2redgmc
Just so you know.

The driver of that Mopar talked sooo much **** about "girls racin'" blah-blah blah and then she whupped his *** at the dragstrip and in total.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

The Corvette Forum is living up to it's old boy, banlon socks image:

They will censor anything remotely negative about LG's antics on Forza2.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Guys,

Our driver had a Corvette C6 with plenty of guts and the best handling there. He blew a golden opertunity in a couple of events where he should have shined.

Show me a "Good loser, and I will show you a Loser". end of story.

Lou G
Corvette C6 with "plenty of gut's"????

Is that the same C6 that struggled to run 12's? Is that the same C6 that went around the track at a high idle at the end. It was more like a C6 with a hernia than with guts. The only thing the kid did was blow the drifting "competition"- if you want to call that abortion of a motorsport a competition. My wife, who's very nice and understanding, commented on what a little macho-*** you acted like and labeled you jerk because of your actions and demeanor.

Are you proud of yourself that you brought teenager to tears?

Do you treat YOUR son like that?

You weren't a good loser.. so you're just a loser- end of story.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah they can be like that sometimes over there although I never saw your original post. Lou was at times an *** of course that was my opinion, he just wanted to win and was pushing very hard it is hard to fault someone for that. I had mixed feeling about him and in the end Lou is a great guy that just had a hard time loosing in a sport were he typically does very well in especially to people who are at best amatures. I do fault the main issue with the head gaskest of there choice witch in the end bit them in the ***. I personally love the GM MLS head gaskets and they hold up!!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Corvette C6 with "plenty of gut's"????

Is that the same C6 that struggled to run 12's? Is that the same C6 that went around the track at a high idle at the end. It was more like a C6 with a hernia than with guts. The only thing the kid did was blow the drifting "competition"- if you want to call that abortion of a motorsport a competition. My wife, who's very nice and understanding, commented on what a little macho-*** you acted like and labeled you jerk because of your actions and demeanor.

Are you proud of yourself that you brought teenager to tears?

Do you treat YOUR son like that?

You weren't a good loser.. so you're just a loser- end of story.
Based on the thread I didn't miss much with this show, sounds worse than BullRun.

Quick Reply: Tonight is the night! On the Speed Channel 10 PM.