2/25 Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007 | 10:39 AM
Launching!

Old 02-26-2007 | 10:40 AM
Launching!

Old 02-26-2007 | 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pics are in some of the posted albums just way to many pics to get them all sorted. Pictures were taken by others.

Originally Posted by regorih383
Just wondering when are you going to post up the pictures you took? I would like to see how you captured my car Yellow C5 with non-popup lights.
Here is one of yours

Got Tony taking snap shots.
Old 02-26-2007 | 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I always sit backwards in cars. Bad habit!

Some of the rolling shots were blurry since you guys decided to zoom past us instead of pace us for the photo. For those to work, both cars need to be travelling at the same speed.
Old 02-26-2007 | 11:26 AM
Teching In

S! LS1Tech Peoples.

Has the coordinator of the cruise I wanted to thank everyone for coming out and supporting the cruise. I really had a fun time because everyone for the most part acting very safe. That's not to say I got a few reports for some ppl acting up. This was just a massive turn-out and I was a bit overwhelmed by the #s. I did the best I could with what I had.

- First - I do want to apologize about the toll bridge. HPD had had 2 cruises go that way before, and have not* had a problem with time. That was the first time I have seen that old man. However, with that many cars we will avoid that route next cruise. The south side meet location will also change. Getting out the the lot and getting back on 288 with 2 lights with that many cars simply will not work. I did try and get everyone to roll out by rows to avoid that issue, however it did not work out so well.

StevensLS1, if you think you can coordinate 200 plus cars/trucks/bikes from many different clubs/forums....then let us see you give it a try. Because I don't think you can do it. However, about the south side meet location and the toll bridge I can't argue. It was a mess.....however show some respect biatch!

- Second - I think it was as successful has it was going to be with that many people. Still was a great sight to see all those cars rolling together. I just can't say thank you enough to everyone that came out. I'm looking forward to organizing another cruise, but circumventing the issues we had this go-around. 1000 thanks all!

I saw a lot of ppl taking pics and vids...post them up! Woo Wooo!

Troy.
Old 02-26-2007 | 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

the old academy on 518 and 45 has a direct exit to 45. it would be perfect if somebody could direct traffic, i think it would only take a few minutes to get all those cars out of there
Old 02-26-2007 | 11:40 AM
TECH Pimp

Honestly I'm bettering your good turnout was due to the weather pushing many of sat's cruise people back a day onto yours. That could account for half the cars there.
Old 02-26-2007 | 01:17 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by xtc4us
S! LS1Tech Peoples.

Has the coordinator of the cruise I wanted to thank everyone for coming out and supporting the cruise. I really had a fun time because everyone for the most part acting very safe. That's not to say I got a few reports for some ppl acting up. This was just a massive turn-out and I was a bit overwhelmed by the #s. I did the best I could with what I had.

- First - I do want to apologize about the toll bridge. HPD had had 2 cruises go that way before, and have not* had a problem with time. That was the first time I have seen that old man. However, with that many cars we will avoid that route next cruise. The south side meet location will also change. Getting out the the lot and getting back on 288 with 2 lights with that many cars simply will not work. I did try and get everyone to roll out by rows to avoid that issue, however it did not work out so well.

StevensLS1, if you think you can coordinate 200 plus cars/trucks/bikes from many different clubs/forums....then let us see you give it a try. Because I don't think you can do it. However, about the south side meet location and the toll bridge I can't argue. It was a mess.....however show some respect biatch!

- Second - I think it was as successful has it was going to be with that many people. Still was a great sight to see all those cars rolling together. I just can't say thank you enough to everyone that came out. I'm looking forward to organizing another cruise, but circumventing the issues we had this go-around. 1000 thanks all!

Troy.
I was not knocking you Troy I know it is work to get these cruises together I have organized some, Not 200+cars so I simpithize with you, but I can do it so when you plan and want some input or help on the next one give me a shout and I will help you with locations and meeting points I know of a few great access locations that will hold how ever many cars you can get to come out and no real issues accessing the fwy etc... Had a great time I never did see the lead guys again LOL! I was with the last group that got turned around etc.. A quick map or directions would have been nice and I can get that done if and when you need. Talk to you soon.
Jeff
Old 02-26-2007 | 03:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I was not knocking you Troy I know it is work to get these cruises together I have organized some, Not 200+cars so I simpithize with you, but I can do it so when you plan and want some input or help on the next one give me a shout and I will help you with locations and meeting points I know of a few great access locations that will hold how ever many cars you can get to come out and no real issues accessing the fwy etc... Had a great time I never did see the lead guys again LOL! I was with the last group that got turned around etc.. A quick map or directions would have been nice and I can get that done if and when you need. Talk to you soon.
Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I will be PM'ing you because Amar and Garett have me working on TX2K7 stuff and I will need that to run *extra smooth*.

I have also heard many exciting things about your car, and I'm looking forward to meeting you if I have not already. I'm so brain dead from yesterday.....

Again thank you for the help! I guarantee it will help for a great cruise next round.

Troy.
Old 02-26-2007 | 04:25 PM
Launching!

Old 02-26-2007 | 04:31 PM
Launching!

I was in the big maroon F250 taking pictures
Old 02-26-2007 | 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xtc4us
S! LS1Tech Peoples.

Troy.
i had fun but i also was hoping to get some really good pics of all these cars that were out there but like you said you tried to get the rows to leave but nobody listened not your fault. i was just making some suggestions for the next one. im sorry if i offended you in any type of way. i also heard ppl were doing 130-140mph and you said only 10 over at the most. oh well. there's always next time?
Old 02-26-2007 | 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
i had fun but i also was hoping to get some really good pics of all these cars that were out there but like you said you tried to get the rows to leave but nobody listened not your fault. i was just making some suggestions for the next one. im sorry if i offended you in any type of way. i also heard ppl were doing 130-140mph and you said only 10 over at the most. oh well. there's always next time?
I can tell ya right now the lead group wasnt doing anything over 80mph in the higher mph zones and 65 in the lower. As I was with the front group, while thinking I was in the back with several others that thought this samething. I was happy for once this wasnt a mad dash to the finish. The middle and last group might have been doing those speeds to catch up but the front was not.

-J
Old 02-26-2007 | 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XxNaSDaQxX
I can tell ya right now the lead group wasnt doing anything over 80mph in the higher mph zones and 65 in the lower. As I was with the front group, while thinking I was in the back with several others that thought this samething. I was happy for once this wasnt a mad dash to the finish. The middle and last group might have been doing those speeds to catch up but the front was not.

-J
thats cool man. like i said its just what i was told by someone else. my main thing was that my friend didnt get to knock off any pics of most of the cars out there.

once again im sorry if i offended you troy. i appreciate you giving us the chance to come along!
Old 02-26-2007 | 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by clean99
[IMG][/IMG]

I was in the big maroon F250 taking pictures
with the jet motor!
Old 02-27-2007 | 09:47 AM
Launching!