Kennedale last sunday....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
What are you...12?

I've already been chatting with TX_SS about a race. We'll keep you informed. In my book, drag radials do not = street tires...you misled me! I really don't care though, I race for fun, nothing more.
If you drive the car everyday on a Nitto Drag Radial its a STREEEEET tire. Its DOT approved and they are excellent in wet weather. Thats what street tires are right? Its not like Im bolting on a set of MT Et DRAGs here on Pro stars. Its driven the same way it sits everyday to school, work, and pleasure for him. Its his fault he chose to buy a street Drag Radial? It'd be alot different if it was a Mickey Thompson Drag Radial.....but not a Nitto man. Dont cry, dry your eye.

For the record, im 2.5 years old. Hi, Im Doofy, Im 2.5 years old. Smell my finger.

PS.

Id hate to blow on my thumb and get swole on you..HAHAHAHAHAH
Old 03-13-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

I will run somebody in the Dodge. I need 3 and the move. LOL. Oh how street cars make me laugh all the blow up and hooplah behind it all. Makes you wanna laugh a little.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
I will run somebody in the Dodge. I need 3 and the move. LOL. Oh how street cars make me laugh all the blow up and hooplah behind it all. Makes you wanna laugh a little.
Ill run your dodge with my dodge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:D...-hatchback.jpg
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just read the initial post
Wow
I am impressed, you are such a tough guy!

Can be like you when I grow up?

IMO: Street Tires = Anything w/a DOT #, or anything you are willing to pull out on the street, don't be a crybaby! Run what you brung, Crybaby!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SEBLS1
Mike are you asking me about my car? If so it is as SQR as we speak. Daniel & Billy have some Cam picked out, I know its a Big cam & it was the same cam that was in Todds car up there. If you know the car & the guy they are talking about
I don't know if you want that cam or not. It's a bear for a street car. Very aggresive lobes.

I thought you were doing the MS4?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
I don't know if you want that cam or not. It's a bear for a street car. Very aggresive lobes.

I thought you were doing the MS4?

I wanted to do that cam. But Billy thinks I will just make the same power I am making now. I am more concerned with getting 6.80s out of this old motor & it being a dependable track car that puts down good numbers on the track back to back like the last setup you guys did for me.

What do you think would be a good setup for me. Pm me if you want?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SERIALPIMP
Just read the initial post
Wow
I am impressed, you are such a tough guy!

Can be like you when I grow up?

IMO: Street Tires = Anything w/a DOT #, or anything you are willing to pull out on the street, don't be a crybaby! Run what you brung, Crybaby!
lololol
Old 03-13-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
For a case of beer, the 5.9 liter is a hog, you may come around me LOL
Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

For a case of beer, the 5.9 liter is a hog, you may come around me LOL
i need the move more then anyone....one injector doesnt completely open and it pours oil at high RPMs..Instead of 4 cylinder its a 3.5. LOL gimme the tree and the wiggle and im gone.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mike are you asking me about my car? If so it is as SQR as we speak. Daniel & Billy have some Cam picked out, I know its a Big cam & it was the same cam that was in Todds car up there. If you know the car & the guy they are talking about
Im tearing down a motor that has the cam you are talking about. The shortblock let go. If I were you, as a precaution, id save alittle skrilla and get ready for a shortblock. Youve raced that car quite a bit and Id bet those rod bearings are pretty worn. Installing a fresh set of heads will help knock them right on out the bottom man.

If anything you could have them rebearing the lower end and have a little piece of mind.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Im tearing down a motor that has the cam you are talking about. The shortblock let go. If I were you, as a precaution, id save alittle skrilla and get ready for a shortblock. Youve raced that car quite a bit and Id bet those rod bearings are pretty worn. Installing a fresh set of heads will help knock them right on out the bottom man.

If anything you could have them rebearing the lower end and have a little piece of mind.

I am going to take yours & Scotts advice & just play it safe & do the MS4

Daniel & I where talking & he said he notcied my car has piston slap really bad on start up when the car is cold. Once it warms up it is fine. But at first you would think there was a rod knocking. So I hope the short block will hold up till the end of 2008, I am willing to bet it will let go before though

At any rate. I am just doing Jaypee's old 1.5 TEA 5.3 Truck heads that have been milled 20 thousanths which should put me at 11.3 compression vs my old 241s.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

i need the move more then anyone....one injector doesnt completely open and it pours oil at high RPMs..Instead of 4 cylinder its a 3.5. LOL gimme the tree and the wiggle and im gone.
2. no move
Old 03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am going to take yours & Scotts advice & just play it safe & do the MS4

Daniel & I where talking & he said he notcied my car has piston slap really bad on start up when the car is cold. Once it warms up it is fine. But at first you would think there was a rod knocking. So I hope the short block will hold up till the end of 2008, I am willing to bet it will let go before though

At any rate. I am just doing Jaypee's old 1.5 TEA 5.3 Truck heads that have been milled 20 thousanths which should put me at 11.3 compression vs my old 241s.
The MS4 isnt playing it any safer..LOL Higher compression on a well used motor is asking for troubles brother.

Im willing to bet as soon as you install the heads and new cam it will let go shortly after.

Im not saying not to run that cam thats in this car at all..Im saying you need to pull some rod caps and inspect/install fresh rod bearings first.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

2. no move
No Vas...haha
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

The MS4 isnt playing it any safer..LOL Higher compression on a well used motor is asking for troubles brother.

Im willing to bet as soon as you install the heads and new cam it will let go shortly after.

Im not saying not to run that cam thats in this car at all..Im saying you need to pull some rod caps and inspect/install fresh rod bearings first.

Doesn't that mean taking apart the short block & putting in new Rod Bearings? I guess I am just doomed on this motor anyways no matter what cam I use. If had piston slap with my old cam I am sure I will have the same with this one. Is there anything I can do simple to pro long the short block on this motor?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Doesn't that mean taking apart the short block & putting in new Rod Bearings? I guess I am just doomed on this motor anyways no matter what cam I use. If had piston slap with my old cam I am sure I will have the same with this one. Is there anything I can do simple to pro long the short block on this motor?
Drop the pan and inspect or replace the bearings. Dont you have a tubular k already?

piston slap is fairly normal. Let the motor warm up before you drive. They went to coated pistons in 01-02 to cure that noise.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Drop the pan and inspect or replace the bearings. Dont you have a tubular k already?

piston slap is fairly normal. Let the motor warm up before you drive. They went to coated pistons in 01-02 to cure that noise.

I will take your advice on letting the motor warm up first. I always do that anyways. But I don't want to have SQR rip the whole shortblock apart since I am replacing the block mid 2008. So lets just take a friendly bet. I say end of 07 it will let go?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I will take your advice on letting the motor warm up first. I always do that anyways. But I don't want to have SQR rip the whole shortblock apart since I am replacing the block mid 2008. So lets just take a friendly bet. I say end of 07 it will let go?
damnit SEB! don't go half ***! just pay them to rebuild the shortblock! that way you have no worries! and could race and talk smack for a while or at least until you put the custom dry kit on it!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

look at it like this...

Rod bearings are about $20 bucks a set. Dropping the oil pan to replace them...$300 or so? Pull the rod caps off with the K-member out of the car, replace rod bearings while motor is in the car, and reinstall everything. $500 worse case scenario for another 25-35K miles of racing.

If its not spun now, a standard size bearing will replace it just fine. put in some rod bolts while you are there for another 70 bucks and spin that bitch hard. Main bearings hardly EVER let go. Its always rod bearings.

I have always run the longer PF61 truck filters and add a quart over full when im on the track. Ive never spun a bearing in my motors yet. I just break pistons with too much powa!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

No Vas...haha
Man come on the truck is a hog you can come around it by half track. Plus I have bad rear tires (LOL). give me 1 and the move