G-z06 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be a candidate for the fastest Camaro Berlinetta in the World!!!! OOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:10 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by G-Z06
9.4 is the fastest 6spd vette?
Video of the pass.

To date I do not think it has been broken as far as Vette's go. Well LS1's that is. Best MPH is suppose to be 156.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NVR4GET those are some damn good times, are those on DR's? And what rear end and trans are you running? I have about ~520 RWHP and ~565 RWTQ and the car has only ran a 11.1@126 because of traction issues. Some of you guys are damn good drivers!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by germeezy1
NVR4GET those are some damn good times, are those on DR's? And what rear end and trans are you running? I have about ~520 RWHP and ~565 RWTQ and the car has only ran a 11.1@126 because of traction issues. Some of you guys are damn good drivers!
He's got a MTI built 6spd and has both upgraded shafts and G-Force Output Shaft on the transmission. He did the runs on 26x11.5 ET-Streets. The car also weighs 3150-3200lbs with him in it though.

How are you launching when you went your 11.1? Matt (NVR4GET) picked up a ton by launching the car pretty hard.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have never drag raced the car, it was the time the previous owner got. But I forgot that he told me that it was on the old stock transmission and stall. I prefer to roll race
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
He's got a MTI built 6spd and has both upgraded shafts and G-Force Output Shaft on the transmission. He did the runs on 26x11.5 ET-Streets. The car also weighs 3150-3200lbs with him in it though.

How are you launching when you went your 11.1? Matt (NVR4GET) picked up a ton by launching the car pretty hard.
Reason I hate taking my car to the track, and the sole reason this car will never seen good 1/4 times lol.

Its not worth it to me, there are drag cars then there are street cars to hard to have both.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:09 PM
8 Second Club

That car is both actually and probably more tame then all of our cars (and easier to drive on the street) . He has the LPE TT package and not the race car version. The car is suppose to make close to a 900 to 1000rwhp or more (Basically boost controller set on max lol). He does not post on even Corvette Forum, from what I've seen. The car did this back in 2004 I want to say.

But your right.. Race cars suck to have. Trust me.. Matt's car should have a new paint job soon, then stereo, etc.. Sadly it'll pick up some weight, but I don't think it'll have a problem holding its own
Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Plenty of 9 and 10 second street cars out there,
people just have to nut up, learn to drive, and lose the 17"+ Wheels,
which most do not want to do.

I have videos galore of 9 and 10 second cars on the street,
Back in 98 and 99 I used to make the trip down to Houston for some action on the streets, there were some back boys out off rankin back in the day. I have some good video from Austin and Dallas as well.

700+ hp is just as useless on the street as on the track, if you don't have the wheels, tires, and suspension for it. a 500hp car that hooks up can take down a 700hp car that doesn't hook any day.

It only takes about 500hp to get alot of cars into the high 10's at the track and they can run almost as fast on the street with a good setup.

I get about 3000-3500 miles out of a set of ET Streets if I am really nice to em,

and about 800 street miles out of a set of ET Drags is the best I have ever done.

I came out to the "houston" scene Tuesday night but was surprised to not see anyone on tire. I know there were some high hp late model cars there, and of course there was a bunch of rice, and high school kids running around being stupid, unfortunately. But no one looked very serious about racing, but the street scene has seemed kinda dead for about 3 years now, IMO.

I have seen countless 9-12 second cars drive from Austin to SA, or Dallas, etc. to Race at the track and on the street and then drive back.
yeah sometimes you break stuff, but that is racing.

I have a great video of about 15 Austin cars that all ran between 9.40s-12's driving from Austin to San Antonio, racing, and driving home, only 1 broke, and it was a transmission problem, Of course some of the cars could only do 50-60 mph on the highway, cause they were rolling 29" tires w.4.10s at 1:1

My 79 Camaro is a total street car, Yeah I used to go to the track about once a month, click off 8-10 passes, drive home, but its a total street car. Its been down for a lil while cause I was moving here to Houston, changing jobs, etc.
It has a little 10.8:1 383 in it, with 4.33's and 28x11.5 ET Streets, Automatic, Full length exhaust to the bumper, Still use all factory gauges, Factory shifter, full interior, CD/MP3 Player.
Hope to get it in the high 9's by the end of the year. I have lost a little bit of streetability when I lost the 20+ gallon fuel tank for a 12 gallon cell, and when I went from the 3.42 rear end to the 4.33s, and I am currently putting in some Kirkey Seats and a cage instead of the factory seats, and hope to put a new motor in the car this fall. I only have about $3,800 Total in the current motor, but will be shooting for some low 7s in the 1/8th on motor in a few weeks.

Last edited by SERIALPIMP; 03-29-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
8 Second Club

The street scene died in Houston the day the laws were passed. There were some of the fastest cars in Texas making passes down here. Now if its anything a few fast cars go out.. and about 8 million people follow causing all sorts of havoc on the freeway.

With a Vette there is no real option other then make a ton of power and use that to pull you. The suspension on a Vette is not the same as a Supra or a Viper. Although they are all IRS, it seems the Vette's still have trouble hooking up (as you can see in that movie also).
Old 03-29-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
The street scene died in Houston the day the laws were passed. There were some of the fastest cars in Texas making passes down here. Now if its anything a few fast cars go out.. and about 8 million people follow causing all sorts of havoc on the freeway.

With a Vette there is no real option other then make a ton of power and use that to pull you. The suspension on a Vette is not the same as a Supra or a Viper. Although they are all IRS, it seems the Vette's still have trouble hooking up (as you can see in that movie also).

I would agree completely,
I don't know how people even run what they run in alot of vettes,

I have two good friends w/LT4 Vettes,
I can't drive either worth a ****,
but I can hop in just about any Camaro or Mustang and get everything the car has out of it,
One is a near stock LT4, the other is a built 396 LT4 w/bottle,
I look like an idiot trying to drive either one.

in alot of cities, those people with the real cars meet and race,
and just don't invite all the idiots,
20 people, and 10 cars, and all 10 cars run, several races,
much less standing around chattering,
And people manage to race without getting their feelings hurt, but its usually an older crowd that can handle it better than some.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Please understand I am not saying there aren't "street" cars out there that are NOT "capable" of getting into the 9's.

What I am referring to is the way you get it down the track IE: Driving and launching the **** out of it.

That is something that I wont do and will never do with this car. I will race it at the track a few times but I wont drive the **** out of it, Its not worth it to me.

- Even when I am street racing I dont launch hard or shift hard.

If I lose I lose, thus me building up a street car that has the power to pull me to victory the majority of the time.

Hell Matt knows first hand where launching hard and shifting hard gets you lol
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by G-Z06
Hell Matt knows first hand where launching hard and shifting hard gets you lol
Sadly all to well.. Several rearends, transmissions, and a torque tube LOL. Though the stock stuff was due to go out because stock parts were not meant to handle anywhere near the power his car made even back then. Last one was just a tiny bit of wheel hop that KO'ed it, but that can happen in any condition from a roll, stop, etc.. IRS = loss.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah even N/A with ~420 RWHP the car has a hard time hooking so I know all to well about the C5's traction problems. I personally rarely ever race from a dig and my car is setup more for roll racing. It does not ever wheel hop though. I am just starting to figure out how to roll into it hard but not to just smack it in order to get some traction.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Maybe there was a led light out in the et sign at HMP.

It could have been an 8.12 instead of 6.12.