FS: Stock shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: Stock shortblock

Just like it reads..Low miles..less than 60k..Pistons are cut 90..Has a ported oil pump on it.Runs great with no noise...Has front ,rear and valley cover..
ALSO HAS A DOUBLE ROLLER TIMING SET.

$950

I will install a 224 228 cam for $250 or a trex for $300 extra..

I'm in DFW and would perfer a local sale..

Last edited by sr71bbjr; 03-18-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:18 PM
FormerVendor

not a bad deal! TTT for you!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

up please
Old 03-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Teching In

pictures? what vehicle did it come off of?
Old 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Launching!

how much to get it installed with my own heads and cam

Jon
Old 03-17-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slowrollin93
how much to get it installed with my own heads and cam

Jon
Send me your #..
Old 03-18-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

forgot to mention that it also has a double roller timing chain..
Old 03-19-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

lots of people wanting it...Noone with the cash..Someone bring it..I want this motor off my stand...Time for a new build..:-)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:59 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Very Interested, What kind of car did this come out of & did the motor have any Spray ran through it?

Also will you deliever?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

OK I just want to post what a *** this guy is & who talks all big & tough over the net too. I have never understood this about mssg boards & why people seem to grow ***** over the net & talk to some stranger all rude. But in this case. I want everyone to know & this guy exspecially. Treat people with Respect & you will get repsect back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBLS1
I just found out I have 2 pistons in my ShortBlock that are shot. So I can rebuild this shortblock or buy a used one. In this case yours is the answer I think? What kind of car did this block come from? Why are you selling it? Was there any spray put through the motor?

HIS REPLY BELOW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
No..It came out of a buddy of mines car...

MY REPLY BELOW

So you personally have not dealt with this motor yourself through its past life? You just got this with a bunch of parts

HIS REPLY BELOW

Quote:
Quote:
came out of a 98 vette..It has a ported oil pump,double roller timming set,and valve reliefs cut in the pistons.I got it with alot of other parts..No spray..

MY REPLY BELOW

You seem extremelly vauge on this motor. Almost unsure. At least that is how I am percieveing it. Short blocks are one of those things that once you buy them you are stuck with the purchase when it is used. My questions are why is he getting rid of the motor? You said there was no spray on it. 60,000 miles is extrmelly low for a 98 block which means there was only 6,800 miles put on this motor a year. just understand from a buyer standpoint.

HIS REPLY BELOW
Quote:
Let me break it all down for you.Please excuse me if I sound like ***..

I'm not sure where you get your views on being stuck with a used shortblock...Further more I could give to ***** of your opinions..I work at a mortgage broker and dont have time to type you a book...The motor is good...I've been around for along time and I have no intrest in ripping anyone off..I could care less if you buy it..Either way it will be sold in a week..THe motor broke a ringland and it needed a new piston..I put a new one in with a new ringpack..The motor is out of a vette..How many c5's do you know of that are over 60k?? Most people dont drive vettes everyday.Spare me your mileage calculator.

MY REPLY BELOW

Dude **** YOU, I don't care that I am coming off like a *** now. I was trying to be nice & just get a idea of what the history of the motor was, Who gives a **** about you being a Mortgage broker. I wouldn't mind BREAKING YOUR ******* NOSE after the way you just talked to me. You are nothing but a Internet tough guy & let me say I can back my mouth up over this computer & would be more then happy to meet your dumbass & give you the opprutunity to talk to me like that in my face. I promise you would be picking your teeth up off the ground you ****. I will also be posting this up on your thread so everyone else can see what a ******* *** your are. Learn some respect for others & you will recieve it back. No thanks on the motor.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn, whenever i'm selling parts i try and be as helpful and informative to the buyer. not a smart thign to do as a seller.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

You asked the same **** 10 differant ways and then questioned me responce...THE MOTOR IS IN GOOD CONDITION WITH around 60k MILES!!!! Does that make sense???
I'm not sure why you sent me a pic of your ****** *** to try and scare me..LMFAO What are you 175lbs?? I'm not some teenager on a car forum trying to act tough..Your right about one thing though..If we were face to face i wouldn't have said any of that.I dont talk ****.People dont talk **** to me either. When they do they regret it.
Like I said before,you might want to do some reserch before you go talking **** to someone..
Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-wanted/671495-wtb-stock-piston-rod.html EXPLAIN THIS THREAD *** MUNCH. Sounds Shady FUCKBOY.

if it just broke a ringland then why did you post this thread asking for a new piston AND rod?

seems to my that the motor could have spun a rod bearing too, otherwise you wouldnt need a new rod.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

You asked the same **** 10 differant ways and then questioned me responce...THE MOTOR IS IN GOOD CONDITION WITH around 60k MILES!!!! Does that make sense???
I'm not sure why you sent me a pic of your ****** *** to try and scare me..LMFAO What are you 175lbs?? I'm not some teenager on a car forum trying to act tough..Your right about one thing though..If we were face to face i wouldn't have said any of that.I dont talk ****.People dont talk **** to me either. When they do they regret it.
Like I said before,you might want to do some reserch before you go talking **** to someone..

Keep thinking 175lbs. You better ask about me. I will tell you what, Why don't we meet up & I bring a camara & get it on video of me whoopin your ***, That way you won't make the same mistake twice & I am sure everyone on the board would love to see a good fight. Even though I highly doubt it will be good.

Oh & I sent you a picture of me so that way you know who your are talking all fucked up & rude too. Nice way to sell a shortblock you stupid ****.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671495 EXPLAIN THIS THREAD *** MUNCH. Sounds Shady FUCKBOY.

if it just broke a ringland then why did you post this thread asking for a new piston AND rod?

seems to my that the motor could have spun a rod bearing too, otherwise you wouldnt need a new rod.
With your limited knowledge on LS1 stuff heres why you replace the rod and piston as an assembly.

1. Its easier to find. People dont press stock rods and pistons apart for number 2 and 3 below.
2. Less headaches driving to a shop for pressing a piston off and on a different rod. They are matched GM stuff with the same weight.
3. less likely to damage a stock/rod piston assembly. refer to number 2.

Please refer to this as informable.

PS...Id like to see the squabble go down. I have a garden hose for my back yard I can make into an Octagon. Just be careful when you fall and try to dodge the land mines my Pits leave. LOL
Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sebastian send me my $100 you owe me BEFORE you meet Bryan.

Stop talking **** to someone you dont know letting your short temper get the better of you.Bryan will without a doubt hurt you.
I like you,you were cool when we met but you dont need to act a fool online to someone you have never met.If you were to start acting like this,Bryan is not the person to start with.
Like Bryan told you do some research on him and his past actions tward people who run their mouth for no reason.

I know the condition of the motor and like Bryan said it is in very good shape for 60k miles.
Its is in ALOT better shape then your current motor is in for sure.Bryan is not the type of person to cheat you out of money...that is why he told you he is a Broker.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:04 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Sebastian send me my $100 you owe me BEFORE you meet Bryan.

Stop talking **** to someone you dont know letting your short temper get the better of you.Bryan will without a doubt hurt you.
I like you,you were cool when we met but you dont need to act a fool online to someone you have never met.If you were to start acting like this,Bryan is not the person to start with.
Like Bryan told you do some research on him and his past actions tward people who run their mouth for no reason.

I know the condition of the motor and like Bryan said it is in very good shape for 60k miles.
Its is in ALOT better shape then your current motor is in for sure.Bryan is not the type of person to cheat you out of money...that is why he told you he is a Broker.
Sam I have your $100 bucks today like I said.

Also I don't care who BRIAN is. I don't care if the guy is 6.5 & 320lbs. If him or you or anyone ever talked to me the way he did through the Pm's, One of us would be going home with a ASSWHOOPIN.

Also to set the record straight I will back up what I said on here today if Brian wants to call my bluff. Cause its not a Bluff. Learn some ******* respect when you talk to me over the net or in person & we won't have problems. Talk to me all fucked up & I will do the same as I did today. He started ****. I just finshed it.

Also how am I acting like a fool. Please show me in the pm's where I started acting like a fool till he thought he would be a Internet tough guy. ALSO **** YOU BRIAN.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep thinking 175lbs. You better ask about me. I will tell you what, Why don't we meet up & I bring a camara & get it on video of me whoopin your ***, That way you won't make the same mistake twice & I am sure everyone on the board would love to see a good fight. Even though I highly doubt it will be good.

Oh & I sent you a picture of me so that way you know who your are talking all fucked up & rude too. Nice way to sell a shortblock you stupid ****.
wow loll
Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

i’m an unbiased 3rd party and even I think Bryan came off as being a dick.

Sebastian was just trying to cover all bases by asking his questions. Nothing wrong with that. he was trying to cover his own ***. Just b/c he didn’t know bryan personally doesn’t mean he should trust him.

Hell you could tell me you were a Minister at a church and I still wouldn’t trust you if I didn’t know you.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Calling bluff.....I'll bet you the shortblock you get rolled up..Bring the cash and your camera...

Sam I have your $100 bucks today like I said.

Also I don't care who BRIAN is. I don't care if the guy is 6.5 & 320lbs. If him or you or anyone ever talked to me the way he did through the Pm's, One of us would be going home with a ASSWHOOPIN.

Also to set the record straight I will back up what I said on here today if Brian wants to call my bluff. Cause its not a Bluff. Learn some ******* respect when you talk to me over the net or in person & we won't have problems. Talk to me all fucked up & I will do the same as I did today. He started ****. I just finshed it.

Also how am I acting like a fool. Please show me in the pm's where I started acting like a fool till he thought he would be a Internet tough guy. ALSO **** YOU BRIAN.