Gillespie leaves Aggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

LOL. I know, I know, you know I just like getting a rise out of all of you guys. And A&M is to easy to pick on.
Old 04-06-2007 | 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

A quote from Kentucky to the AP Press

"The Wildcats turned to Gillispie after another Billy -- Florida's Billy Donovan -- decided Thursday to stay with the Gators. Texas' Rick Barnes also indicated Thursday he wasn't interested, but the job was never formally offered to anyone other than Gillispie.
Old 04-06-2007 | 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrBill97396

"The Wildcats turned to Gillispie after another Billy -- Florida's Billy Donovan -- decided Thursday to stay with the Gators. Texas' Rick Barnes also indicated Thursday he wasn't interested, but the job was never formally offered to anyone other than Gillispie.
Ya, the only reason Gillispie got the ONLY offer is because Donovan and Barnes said no.....thanks for reaffirming the fact.
Old 04-06-2007 | 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
gee.. this sucks to here But hey idk hopefully we can pick up another good coah that will be devoted to the team,

I hope gillespie screws him self next year, And the aggs beatem out in the turny

best comment i have read today
Old 04-06-2007 | 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gipraw
now there is a group of people grounded in reality..

It will not be a big name coach ..

names I have heard so far are John Pelphrey, Scott Sutton and pissibly Marshall

Yeah I know they're fanatics, but like I said, I don't keep up with this, and figured they'd know if anyone.

I just hope we don't completely suck, at least top 3/4 in the big 12, being realistic.
Old 04-06-2007 | 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Hope you guys enjoyed this season, because it won't be the same next year. Let's see if ya'll jump off the bandwagon as quickly as ya'll jumped on. Billy Clyde is a great coach and it's good to see him go to a school that actually has a basketball program worth coaching. Good luck to him.
Yeah in the same reguards bye bye to Kevin Druant and your one good season for awhile bitch!

Good luck to Gillespie I'm definitely sad to see him go but outrecruiting TU these past 2 seasons make me feel allot better!
Oh and players that will actually stick around til their senior year as well!

Gig Em! Good luck to Billy and Saw Em Off!
Old 04-06-2007 | 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
Yeah in the same reguards bye bye to Kevin Druant and your one good season for awhile bitch!

Good luck to Gillespie I'm definitely sad to see him go but outrecruiting TU these past 2 seasons make me feel allot better!

Bitch? Did I upset Mr. Bandwagon Aggy?

How did he out recruit UT the past 2 seasons? Am I missing something or did UT not land the best freshman possibly in NCAA basketball history last year? And players that stick around 4 years? Well that's because Aggy recruits spares that don't have the talent to jump early to the draft. Not Rick Barnes' fault Kevin Durant is a bad ***.

One good season for a while? LOL! How many consecutive years has UT made the Tourney again? How many has Aggy made in a row? Open mouth, insert foot bandwagoner. Don't be pissed that Aggy will fall back into the Big 12 basement where they were before and where they belong. Oh, and kiss all of Billy Clyde's awesome incoming recruiting class goodbye.
Old 04-06-2007 | 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just love the Aggies on this site. So clueless.
Old 04-06-2007 | 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

There should be a bandwagon smilie. Would fit in perfectly.
Old 04-06-2007 | 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 04-06-2007 | 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Barnes was never formally offered the job by the U of K. He was only a person of interest, Billy G. and Billy D. where the only two candidates.
Old 04-06-2007 | 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Barnes was never formally offered the job by the U of K. He was only a person of interest, Billy G. and Billy D. where the only two candidates.
According to ESPN.com, Barnes nor Donovan were formally offered the job, meaning they declined the job before formal talks took place. Get your **** straight.
Old 04-06-2007 | 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

How did he out recruit UT the past 2 seasons? Am I missing something or did UT not land the best freshman possibly in NCAA basketball history last year? And players that stick around 4 years? Well that's because Aggy recruits spares that don't have the talent to jump early to the draft. Not Rick Barnes' fault Kevin Durant is a bad ***.

One good season for a while? LOL! How many consecutive years has UT made the Tourney again? How many has Aggy made in a row? Open mouth, insert foot bandwagoner. Don't be pissed that Aggy will fall back into the Big 12 basement where they were before and where they belong. Oh, and kiss all of Billy Clyde's awesome incoming recruiting class goodbye.

Bandwagon? Are you ******* kidding me? I've been a Aggie since birth bitch! So STFU!!!

Go whine and cry some more about your 2cd round exit and the fact that Durant is gone and Augustine will be after this year to

Oh and just for good measure who won the game on Nov. 26th this past year? I can't remeber can you remind again homer? &
Old 04-06-2007 | 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bandwagon? Are you ******* kidding me? I've been a Aggie since birth bitch! So STFU!!!

Go whine and cry some more about your 2cd round exit and the fact that Durant is gone and Augustine will be after this year to

Oh and just for good measure who won the game on Nov. 26th this past year? I can't remeber can you remind again homer? &
Just like an Aggie, always living in the past. "Remember that one time we beat you? ya that was awesome..."
Old 04-06-2007 | 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

According to ESPN.com, Barnes nor Donovan were formally offered the job, meaning they declined the job before formal talks took place. Get your **** straight.
Ya Mr. Bill doesn't know the difference b/t the A list and B list.....Gillispie was on the B list.....Barnes on A....
Old 04-06-2007 | 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why would I cry about a 2nd round exit, is a 3rd round exit much better? Like Texas football, Texas basketball reloads every year. There's no doubt in my mind they'll make the tourney next year, the year after, etc. On the other hand, Aggy can't say the same. Not only did they lose their best player and the greatest coach that program has seen, but his incoming recruiting class will leave with him. It'll be another mediocre season for Aggy basketball, just like it's been for the past 25 years. Have fun with all that; I know I will

Time to jump off the bandwagon.
Old 04-06-2007 | 08:41 PM
LS7 Member

Poor sprayed, he's so delusional...
Old 04-06-2007 | 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

and the incoming recruiting class isn't even that good, with the exception of Jordan .. only 5th or 6th best class in the Big XII.
Old 04-06-2007 | 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

**** ESPN read the AP press
Old 04-06-2007 | 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

all you UT guys are making me more of an OU fan everytime you guys post

So now Aggy basketball and UT football have more in common. it will be another 20 + years before UT smells any championship in the 2 big sports