What happened at the 249 car meet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxNaSDaQxX
This has happen before at some of the old meets, and people would clean up. But its not easy for one person to do this. Nor does this stop the jackasses of the groups.

Its just not the same as it once was.
I've only met 2 guys that I've liked on moto, the rest man just isnt my rideing style. They are mostly the same as these other guys messing up the spots.
-J

Yep well the people that I have meet on my side of town are great and older people. Might have to venture this way on the NW side of town and meet us on tue. I promise you will have fun, and meet a lot of good people.

I agree it does happen and has happened at the old meets. I remember when we use to go to academy and would clean up afterward to keep the spot. There will always be jackasses no matter were you go, but we need a large group to control the stupid people regardless of were we end up after this meet was cancled due to childish acts or immaturaity on the youngins part.

I am actually getting to go to the track on Friday and riding on it for the first time. Cannot wait to learn more about my bike and see what it can do.

J
Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be safe, I got my scars already.
Hell I was powershifting the bike, its a challenge to keep the nose down alone and still hall ballz. In about a distance of 2 blocks I got the 05 to 165mph with the tail changing directions per gear. It makes me more nervous on a bike at the track, then it does normally in the car.

I just might have to come up there and see how they are cause down here, I've rode with only 5 people. The one cruise I went on down here, had guys on one wheel going down 45 for a very long distance. Changeing lanes etc. Isn't my type of fun.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell I was powershifting the bike, its a challenge to keep the nose down alone and still hall ballz. In about a distance of 2 blocks I got the 05 to 165mph with the tail changing directions per gear. It makes me more nervous on a bike at the track, then it does normally in the car.

I just might have to come up there and see how they are cause down here, I've rode with only 5 people. The one cruise I went on down here, had guys on one wheel going down 45 for a very long distance. Changeing lanes etc. Isn't my type of fun.

Nope not like that with the group I ride. They are very good about riding in a group, and we are very selective on who rides with us. Been in a situation just like your talking about, and never again. Heck one of them has a new Duc 1098 talk about a bad bike. As for riding I am pretty conservative, just want to learn a lot more and corner a lot better. I am only out to have fun and play it safe cause it is a very dangerous sport.

J

The track were going to is TWS in college station.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bluestreak98
Do you think everyone who goes to that meet posts on LS1tech or HPD?

It would be alot cooler if they did man !

Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Juan come out on this side sometime! Hit me up in a PM sometime and maybe we can get something goin on!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JETG
Yep well what I was told was that they had everyone on the ground and wrote tickets at the 249/spring cypress.

J

I remember a few years ago when HPD did that to a group off Westimer over by that sonic. Man did the poice department have to pay for that ****...
Old 04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Juan come out on this side sometime! Hit me up in a PM sometime and maybe we can get something goin on!

I've been over yalls way pretty often recently.
Ill have to give ya a call Daniel and hang out. Just want this car done. I got more comeing.

-J
Old 04-11-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car meets are just stupid these days. The kids that come have no respect and screw it up for all the people who are there for a good cause. I havent been in a good while, hopefully we can get something set up on the DL, so we can actuall do it like we used to . . . . waaaaay back.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been over yalls way pretty often recently.
Ill have to give ya a call Daniel and hang out. Just want this car done. I got more comeing.

-J
well thanks for the call then! lol
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're ever gonna be on 59, shoot me a PM or something and I'll see if I can keep them off your ***. I can't do anything if there is gonna be a lot of dumb-assing going on though.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah,
I think I was doggin on how Juvenile the 249 thing was,
just a week or two ago, after my first time to go out there,

Let me know if something better gets put together on the NW side of town,

Thanks,

JW
Old 04-11-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well thanks for the call then! lol
lol sorry boss, Ill will Ive just been on the d/l about alot. Been out your way to help my boy Chris out.
Ill be by again soon.

Chris - that happens let me know I want it how it was. If we can get some old players out, I'd make the drive.

-J
Old 04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Back on topic, any word on what happened for sure?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Back on topic, any word on what happened for sure?
Nope, because everyone is still in jail!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey if this makes any difference, when I was stationed in NC we had a local gathering at a grocery store. The cops busted it a few times but all we had to do was petition the grocery store owner to allow us to meet there after hours and then take it in front of the magistrate. Not a big deal at all. After that the cops can't go near the meet unless it is to break up a disturbance or answer a call. I believe it falls under the same grounds as peaceful protest and all, where you have a right to meet publicly without fear of getting in trouble.

Of course the laws in Texas and NC do differ, but it may be worth a shot for the next place you guys decide to start to meet, that way you can avoid all of this from the beginning.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam98Z
Hey if this makes any difference, when I was stationed in NC we had a local gathering at a grocery store. The cops busted it a few times but all we had to do was petition the grocery store owner to allow us to meet there after hours and then take it in front of the magistrate. Not a big deal at all. After that the cops can't go near the meet unless it is to break up a disturbance or answer a call. I believe it falls under the same grounds as peaceful protest and all, where you have a right to meet publicly without fear of getting in trouble.

Of course the laws in Texas and NC do differ, but it may be worth a shot for the next place you guys decide to start to meet, that way you can avoid all of this from the beginning.
the state doesn't matter....the Freedom of Assembly is one of the freedoms expressed in the Bill of Rights, which is a part of the U.S. Constitution....the basis of all our freedoms in the United States.

now obviously, if the people there are doing stupid **** that draws attention to the cops, and what they're doing is illegal, they have the right to stop you. but if you are doing nothing wrong, from a purely theoretical standpoint, they can't touch you. obviously though, you would want to make sure there are no signs anywhere that prohibit loitering, and it would be best to obtain permission beforehand by the business establishment to make sure they can't screw with you.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

The deal is,
if you have a bunch of high schoolers acting a fool,
its going to get broken up,
I went, it was lame anyways,

I have been around, and part of different groups,
getting together for about 10 years now, throughout Dallas and Austin,

Even when we approach a business owner, say hey, we will bring 100+ people to your business, etc. Car show, whatever, its only a matter of time before someone screws it up,
Yeah you can get permission to be there, but eventually the business owner is not going to want you there, The cops will contact the business owner, property owners, etc and tell them how its contributing to racing and someone is going to get hurt, etc.
or
you can get permission, but if people are pissing of the cops, they cops will go to the business owner and say, The police have to be allowed to come in and do as they see fit, if you want the police to service your business, meaning if the business owner says no cops, he will get No Cops! Most are not willing to do that.

I work for a REIT, we own several shopping centers,
I can tell you from a liability/insurance standpoint, we would not want a bunch of high school kids, racing trucks in a parking lot, and making a mess in our lot, on our property, near our tenants businesses when they are closed.

Best bet,
is to start a Sat 5-9pm gathering, at a business, with the businesses permission,
All the older guys with classic muscle cars will come out, all the younger folks can come, if a few people decide to stay and hangout past closing, it is alot more likely to fly. They used to this on the 1st Sat of the month at a Sonic in Plano, 2nd Sat of the month outside a SportsBar in Richardson, 3rd Sat at a Hooters in Arlington, etc.

Used to be a huge gathering in Roundrock, on I35 for many many years, it even got featured in a few magazines, and was great until they built an Outback Steakhouse in the middle of the Lot. Outback had a large crowd, there was not enough room for everyone.

Last year a decent get together was going on at a HD/Whataburger NW of Austin, but eventually a bunch of kids ruined it being stupid, as the night went on,

I know of about 20 instances over 10 years, where something good got started and then after 2-6 months we got the Axe.
I may personally try to put on a one time car show, not this summer, but next summer, that would hopefully bringout 500-1000 cars, on a Sat from 3-7ish,
Always great to get a bunch of people together and to see some new and different cars. I know I don't have time for it right now,
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
the state doesn't matter....the Freedom of Assembly is one of the freedoms expressed in the Bill of Rights, which is a part of the U.S. Constitution....the basis of all our freedoms in the United States.

now obviously, if the people there are doing stupid **** that draws attention to the cops, and what they're doing is illegal, they have the right to stop you. but if you are doing nothing wrong, from a purely theoretical standpoint, they can't touch you. obviously though, you would want to make sure there are no signs anywhere that prohibit loitering, and it would be best to obtain permission beforehand by the business establishment to make sure they can't screw with you.
Thank you! I knew it was constitutional, just didn't feel like looking it up at the time.

If you guys want I'll draft a letter to the owner of the next establishment you guys want to meet at. Just pm if you want.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SERIALPIMP
Best bet,
is to start a Sat 5-9pm gathering, at a business, with the businesses permission,
All the older guys with classic muscle cars will come out, all the younger folks can come, if a few people decide to stay and hangout past closing, it is alot more likely to fly. They used to this on the 1st Sat of the month at a Sonic in Plano, 2nd Sat of the month outside a SportsBar in Richardson, 3rd Sat at a Hooters in Arlington, etc.
The Spring Cypress meet is like this and I believe it's still successful??? Last I heard there were hundreds of cars present.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, the spring cypress meet is badass. But it is roped off and they have people directing everybody in and out. There is also a few cops that volunteer for the event.

Quick Reply: What happened at the 249 car meet?