LSx 32 Valve Heads!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just seems like a dumb idea to me.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I sent bobby a PM about this, see if he chimes in. The guy that did the 32valve LT1 heads was less than legit. Bobby's car is soon to be running and there is one other set in Texas on a running car, its a Comp Trans Am from Dallas with a blower on it, was in Pontiac High performance a few issues ago
Old 04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

What's next, 8 tube headers on each side??
Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Arao has been around for quite awhile... their heads have gone up in price vastly as of late however.

I'd expect for the LSx Arao's to be around 12 grand for a complete pair.

I've seen a 454 running them, but thats about it, so the #'s are sort of skewed on that one

but from just the head swap from a pair of Dart's to the Arao's, guy picked up something like 280lb/ft and 200+ hp ... but it was a pretty nasty build with a blower on it.

they're worth it to the select few with the nuts to try them I'm sure, but honestly, for the price you pay in the heads alone you could buy a crate LS2 somewheres and do a fair amount of work on it as well.

they're not too new in the traditional SBC world, but this is the first I've heard in the LSx world of them. Kind of cool I guess.

if I had loads of money to blow on things I'd probably do it just for the wow factor.

but as far as how reliable they are?
no ******* clue
Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigSteele
What's next, 8 tube headers on each side??
what, 4 peanut shaped ports instead of Oval Round or D ports? I can just see a set of those in my head

don't make me think such things
Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Big waste of money, IMO. With traditional SBCs lacking masses of 300+ CFM heads on the market, these are defenitely interesting. However, the LSx is a whole 'nother animal. You can pick up the phone have a set of L92 heads/intake/TB for your LS2 for 1500-2 grand. There is no market for super-exotic heads when you can get as much power/flow as you can afford with other stuff that's already proven. The nice thing about the LS1 is that there really isn't too much to worry about when talking about valvetrain geometry issues. Add an extra set of valves and springs into the mix and pushrod angles might be a concern. I don't know.

Originally Posted by Mike96z
The only LT1 I know that has used the heads and ran is supercharged with nitrous and made 1000RWHP. Havent seen the dyno sheet on that but thats what they claim. Something about this car was @ RPM.
The white Comp T/A? I'm not sure if a nitrous/supercharger combo making 1k HP is a testament to the heads. Not saying that isn't impressive, but there are cars doing the same on regular style heads.

Ryan
Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 96-speed

The white Comp T/A? I'm not sure if a nitrous/supercharger combo making 1k HP is a testament to the heads. Not saying that isn't impressive, but there are cars doing the same on regular style heads.

Ryan

Its silver w/ a 98 front clip and has a blower
Old 04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96-speed
Big waste of money, IMO. With traditional SBCs lacking masses of 300+ CFM heads on the market, these are defenitely interesting. However, the LSx is a whole 'nother animal. You can pick up the phone have a set of L92 heads/intake/TB for your LS2 for 1500-2 grand. There is no market for super-exotic heads when you can get as much power/flow as you can afford with other stuff that's already proven. The nice thing about the LS1 is that there really isn't too much to worry about when talking about valvetrain geometry issues. Add an extra set of valves and springs into the mix and pushrod angles might be a concern. I don't know.

Ryan
So, did Bobby ever get that thing running? It seems like it has been a few month more for three or 4 years now.

Chris
Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Comp T/A is running, I have pics of it finished. Thats the only one I know, Big Shows **** aint running.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lt5.......?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

stupid idea.....

Seriously, it is.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1 BAD GM
So, did Bobby ever get that thing running? It seems like it has been a few month more for three or 4 years now.

Chris
Bobby's car is still down. I'm selling him my Heddman headers because he needed some with a Stahl pattern--another nice part about one-off parts if they they require weird accessories to make them work!

He did tell me that they flowed like 350cfm at .400" lift or something crazy like that. LOL. I'll get the low down this weekend. Hell, I'll call him tomorrow!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Sweet, my TFS heads only flowed 331 at @ .600 lift but then again, they worked on my stock short block with all my stock stuff
Old 04-12-2007, 11:40 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I seen barry grant make a 3 valve per cylender head for the GEV I motor, hell, i guess if thew work well enough then they will be worth it to the people with more money than they know what to do with...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

as for sbc heads, 18* 370 cfm is not uncommon.
and with ls7's costing a fraction of those, and being pretty close to
rivaling, them in flow.
give the ls7 heads and money to SAM trained porter,
and problem solved
Old 04-13-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, should have specified 23º heads. 18º heads, save for the Brodix 18X fall into the slightly more exotic setup as they require new pistons. Just my humble opinion on that, though .

Bobby said he's got major stuff taken care of, but he's got to mount the tranny cooler, radiator, and a few misc pieces and the motor will be running. He said its a question of time. We will see...:-). Its a carb'd setup, FYI.

Ryan
Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

btw I was just joking in my earlier post
Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, took a few days off from the board and all kinds of stuff stirs up. I've been hit up about these damn threads like crazy the past couple of days.

Anyway, I have made multiple posts on these heads on multiple sites so I won't get too long winded....

I try to stay true to the BPR tradition that I started years ago so thats why this project has taken me longer than it might have taken some others. I do all my own chit so it requires more TIME than the skill involved and sometimes we just don't have alot of that.

Anyway...Jeff, the heads are a great idea actually. The potential is absolutely ridiculous. My heads flow over 300 cfm at .300 lift so that means the LSx derivative should laugh at that. The real key here is I hope they don't just taught flow numbers and .bmp dynographs like they did/do previously. I own a set of these heads and I still don't have a whole lot of confidence in them due to HORRIBLE customer service and they fact that I'm basically a guinea pig cause we've all "heard" stories of a couple other motors that exist but none of us have actually said, "Man, we were at the meet the other night and this 32v headed LTx rolled up on the scene...."

So hopefully they'll show the LSx world some actual REAL data and hopefully the company fixes its images and associated problems.

My build is down to probably a good couple weekends of devoted time. I just haven't had much time lately and I've been less than enthuastic about the whole process because it's taken so long to do so I just work on it when I feel like it even tho I'm close.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:48 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Big Show
LOL, took a few days off from the board and all kinds of stuff stirs up. I've been hit up about these damn threads like crazy the past couple of days.
Didn't you and Brett both get your heads from Chris Harrington? He's the only guy I've ever seen with a set for sale.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BP
Didn't you and Brett both get your heads from Chris Harrington? He's the only guy I've ever seen with a set for sale.
No, I bought mine from a guy off of camaroz28.com a few years ago and the heads Brett has belong to Unstable Bob in Jersey.

Quick Reply: LSx 32 Valve Heads!