For sale; Four 17 in OEM CHROME Z06 WHEELS & 275/40/17 GS- D3 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007 | 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default For sale; Four 17 in OEM CHROME Z06 WHEELS & 275/40/17 GS- D3 Tires

A ton more pictures are available at: http://rides.webshots.com/album/547860753kAchIP (or just click the pictures)

For sale: Four 17 x 9.5 OEM Chromed ZO6 Wheels with 275/40/ZR17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Tires (wheels only weigh 20.5 pounds a piece!)

$1600 OBO Shipping is $100. Paypal, check, or money order are accepted. I am willing to drive up to 80 miles for a local meet.

This is a perfect condition set of wheels, tires, locking lugs and keys worth $2100 and Im selling it for $1600. You wont find a better deal on wheels this light and in perfect condition, GS-D3 tires with only 3k miles, plus locking lugs and keys for less money!

One of the best things about these wheels is they only weigh 20.5 pounds a piece. If you were thinking of getting Replica Z06 wheels consider that replicas weigh up to 28 pounds a piece. You can’t find replica wheels that are this light!

These wheels are the rarest of the Z06 wheels, known as the Alcoa OEM Z06 Wheels. They were only produced with the first C5 Zo6 in 2001. 02- 04 Zo6’s came with the Speedline wheels which have thicker spokes and most people agree they are not as attractive as the Alcoas. These are factory Z06 wheels that are after market chrome plated, so the chrome is brand new. I have had these wheels for just over two years –they are in absolutely 100% perfect, mint condition. These wheels do not have a ding or a scratch on them. You will not find a better condition set of OEM Z06 wheels. To try and get the set of 01 Alcoa wheels is becoming more difficult, but to find them in perfect condition and a set of four 17s is even rarer. I should mention that the reason I got four 17s is because of XstaZ28’s information about staggered wheel set ups. If you run 17s in front and 18s in back your ABS does not work because your front and rear wheels rotate at different speeds rendering the ABS inoperable. I say this to warn those of your looking to do the staggered 17/18 set up with OEM Corvette wheels!

The Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires have been rated as some of the best tires you can get. These tires are also in perfect condition. They have never had a nail, or a patch and the wheels and tires have never been taken to the track. Don’t confuse these tires with the old Eagle F1 tires; they are the Eagle F1 GS-D3’s which are some of the best and also some of the lightest tires you can get. I had Nitto tires on replica 18 Z06 wheels before this and the difference in handeling was night and day. The nitto tires felt hard like they did not grip the road, and the wet weather performance was scary to say the least. Not to mention the extra weight of the wheel made the ride harsher and it much less nimble feeling, The GS-D3’s have amazing handling! The ride quality is the best I’ve had. The wet weather performance is also amazing on these tires. I can back up the comment by people that say it feels like your driving on dry ground when you’re driving in the rain. These tires have less than 3,000 miles on them. The only reason I'm selling these is taht I will soon be selling my camaro.

Check out my positive feedback here on Ls1tech where I sold my previous replica 18 Z06 wheels and tires along with other items. Check out my 100% positive feedback on Ebay as well http://myworld.ebay.com/lrk322/

Gs-D3 reviews
"Car and Driver includes several max-performance summer tires in its recent review, and the editors' highest-rated tire is a max-performance tire, the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 . Testers indicate that the Goodyear feels impressive in both wet and dry conditions. "The Goodyear gripped so well that you might not have been certain the road was wet," say editors.
In Tire Rack testing against the two other max-performance summer tires, the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A , the Eagle F1 GS-D3 is described as sporty and responsive. It is described by testers as easy to drive aggressively in dry conditions. In wet conditions, the Eagle F1 GS-D3 bested the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 for the fastest lap times."

PM me with any questions!

Last edited by lrk322; 06-04-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2007 | 02:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

bump----------------------
Old 04-27-2007 | 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump------------
Old 04-27-2007 | 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

do some research.
Old 06-04-2007 | 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

$1300 Shipped!