Mavs Game 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the Mav's win count for 4 games, but the Warrior's win doesn't count? Mavs win one and they're crowned champs whereas when the Warriors win one, it's because the Mavs let them? Amazing how far Mav fans have their heads up their collective asses.

That's just tUURRible.
/chuck
Old 04-26-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
Well that is done now is the time to prove the regular season was not BULLSHIT.
who said that the regular season was bullshit?
and "lets say" it was bullshit, then how would winning game 2 against the warriors prove it not to be bullshit?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
and "lets say" it was bullshit, then how would winning game 2 against the warriors prove it not to be bullshit?
I am meaning the Mavericks need to play like the team that won 67 games and not like a first time in the playoffs team. I hope I cleared that up.

Winning game 2 was just a stepping stone and I am in no way discounting what GS is or has done. They proven that the Mavs have match up problems with them. Unlike a San Antonio where Dallas fairs a better match up.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
According to Mav fans... the regular season is only bullshit when you talk about teams that beat them repeatedly (GS). It is not bullshit when you equate 67 season wins into an automatic championship. So the regular season is bullshit/not bullshit depending upon the conversation. You need to learn to talk "mav" to understand them.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

It's pretty tough to play against the coach that coached most of the players on the team beforehand. Nelson knows the way that the Mavs play, and knows how to shut them down. I'm just glad that Avery went to work and figured GS out!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Its been a couple yrs since nelson was in dallas. Im sure plenty has changed. I dont think he is THAT much of an "insider". Also how did Avery figure GS out? If Dallas wins the series in 5-6 then maybe they figured GS out. But just winning one game doenst mean much.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hawgs
According to Mav fans... the regular season is only bullshit when you talk about teams that beat them repeatedly (GS). It is not bullshit when you equate 67 season wins into an automatic championship. So the regular season is bullshit/not bullshit depending upon the conversation. You need to learn to talk "mav" to understand them.
. Everyone on ls2 seems to think the "mav" way.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

great series so far but those free throws in the 3rd quarter definitely helped mavs pull this one out....

GS is a good team!!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Teching In

I'm a Mavs fan but I would have to say Barron Davis getting ejected had A lot to do with the Mavs winning that game. I hope they can pull it out though. I've been watching the mavs a lot since 02 and I think they might have won 4 games vs Golden state out of the many times they have played since then. This team just gives them trouble for some reason. Hopefully we can get over the hump or else we(Dallas People) will be talkin about the damn cowboys on here
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If we loose I will shave my head
i'll shave my head too, with a razor, if the Mavs lose to Golden State.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Why don't you guys just admit it

rag on the Mavs = Hater!

And damn there are allot of Haters on this board!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Wins and losses in the regular season mean what to a team in the playoffs when your team makes the playoffs?

**** Golden State,the haters,Don Nelson,Barron Davis, Stephen Jackson and the entire city of Oakland California. Nobody but the haters have said they should be crowned champions. If anyone else has then **** them to. Win or lose I am behind the Mavs. Unlike the fair weather Houston sports fan, boy you guys love the Rockets this year.

Last edited by MrBill97396; 04-26-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

**** Golden State,the haters,Don Nelson,Barron Davis, Stephen Jackson and the entire city of Oakland California. Nobody but the haters have said they should be crowned champions. If anyone else has then **** them to. Win or lose I am behind the Mavs. Unlike the fair weather Houston sports fan, boy you guys love the Rockets this year.

Scary..

this reminds me of the "hit em up" song by 2 pac...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

gO mAVS!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm waiting for the Rockets vs Spurs series for the West....
Old 04-27-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wins and losses in the regular season mean what to a team in the playoffs when your team makes the playoffs?
According to you and all the other Mav fanboys, if you win 67 games in the regular season... that means you automatically win the championship. If you're talking about regular season losses (to Golden State)... then according to you and all the other Mav fan boys, that means nothing because in the playoffs everyone starts 0-0.

It's kind of like arguing with a Liberal Democrat. They only recognize certain truths that work for that debate and ignore the rest.

BTW, I've always been behind the Rockets. I'd be willing to bet (not that you could actually prove this but..) you weren't a fan of the Mavs prior to the last 4 years when they were the laughing stock of the NBA and winning more than 25 games was a challenege for them. I, on the other hand, am anything but a fairweather fan for my teams.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

According to you and all the other Mav fanboys, if you win 67 games in the regular season... that means you automatically win the championship. If you're talking about regular season losses (to Golden State)... then according to you and all the other Mav fan boys, that means nothing because in the playoffs everyone starts 0-0.

It's kind of like arguing with a Liberal Democrat. They only recognize certain truths that work for that debate and ignore the rest.

BTW, I've always been behind the Rockets. I'd be willing to bet (not that you could actually prove this but..) you weren't a fan of the Mavs prior to the last 4 years when they were the laughing stock of the NBA and winning more than 25 games was a challenege for them. I, on the other hand, am anything but a fairweather fan for my teams.

Like I said I never gave them the title just because they won 67 this season. It was great and all but really it means nothing but home court throughout the playoffs. Irealise the whole circle to this debate. And bet everything you own on the fact that I am a lifelong Mavs fan. I am a big time home team fan to all my local teams. If I was not a fan in the bad times I guess that is why I had my Mom wait in line with me when I was 11 to get Ro Blackman, Dereck Harper and Mr. Maverick Brad Davis's autograph. Oh but I forget you have it all figured out.

How about you sit back and worry about your Rockets scoring on 67 points last night and only 4 players scoring for the team. Win or lose Dallas still better than Houston. Oh yeah 12 years ago you guys won a championship let me bow down. At least Spurs fans and there team have skins on the wall.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

good post.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
Go Mavs!!!!

Mr. Barkley had an interesting comment at halftime "After the Mavs win this game, they're gonna realize GS is an 8 seed and win the next 3 games to end it in 5!"
Gotta love the Chuckster!
looks like the chuckster was wrong
Old 04-28-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

there's still 4 games left. let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Go Mavs!