Houston - Motorcyclist dies after slamming into 18-wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks to hear. Hopefully it was instant.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used to drive all around there. Had a gf that lived over there in HS, and a whole lot of my hs friends lived over there (went to St. Thomas, so I didn't live near everybody I went to school with)
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Teching In

sorry to hear about your neighbor and may he RIP. also, my condolences go to his family and friends
Old 04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is Brian Walsh, myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=133 26606

There has been a lot of stuff going on this past week starting on Sunday, we had another rider out going to hot in a turn and hit another on comming bike killed both them instantly, Lidya the girl on the back of one of the bikes is in the hospital, very luck to be alive. Just in the past week I know of approx 12 deads related to bikes. So please if you ride be CAREFUL and SLOW down.

J

Last edited by JETG; 04-27-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Jet, link isn't complete.

Crotchrockets are only death traps depending on who is riding them. I see so many assclowns on those bikes weaving in/out of traffic and cutting people off, it really pisses me off as a fellow rider. I don't know why guys feel so invincible on 2 wheels.

Sorry to hear about another loss like this.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Jet, link isn't complete.

Crotchrockets are only death traps depending on who is riding them. I see so many assclowns on those bikes weaving in/out of traffic and cutting people off, it really pisses me off as a fellow rider. I don't know why guys feel so invincible on 2 wheels.

Sorry to hear about another loss like this.

Yep here is the link to a thread on another board about him, his myspace link is in the pages of that thread. Even a guy that was with him talks about what happened and that he ran into his bike when he went down.

J
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27865
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It is very sad week as a lot of bikers have gotten killed this last week.

J
Old 04-27-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

DAMN what a shame...Reminds me of a young guy I knew, Josh, from I believe Pasadena that met the same fate. Ran into the back of an 18 wheeler at a very high rate of speed on the feeder road of Hwy 225 in Deer Park area.

Owning 2 bikes and riding for over 34 years I know first hand what it takes to stay alive on these things...I've been lucky twice! I hope everyone that owns a bike takes the proper precautions when riding in traffic with a bunch of friends...we're not invincible.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Slow Down ! And remember the Highways and streets are not your own personal road course.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn RIP to him and my thoughts to his family....
my cousin ashley got killed when she was a passenger 2 yrs ago.
riding with some foreign exchange student and ran from the cops for some reason.
i saw her in the hospital on life support,it was pretty bad seeing somebody in that condition you know, and cant recognize them.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
damn RIP to him and my thoughts to his family....
my cousin ashley got killed when she was a passenger 2 yrs ago.
riding with some foreign exchange student and ran from the cops for some reason.
i saw her in the hospital on life support,it was pretty bad seeing somebody in that condition you know, and cant recognize them.
See that right there is the worst. She was an innocent victim of someone else's neglegance(sp) ? I feel for the families in this and the truck driver as well.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

that was a big factor in me getting a harley.... i tend to take it nice and slow on my cruiser.. but its still dangerous
Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah people just dont pay attention for one, and then you have the guys out there doing 130 MPH that nobody sees until it is usually to late.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
See that right there is the worst. She was an innocent victim of someone else's neglegance(sp) ? I feel for the families in this and the truck driver as well.

The same thing just happened on Sunday, Rodger "koskesh" sp? off motohouston.com was going to hot in a corner out on racer road. Another bike comming the other directions was hit by him. The other rider was 2 up, the only surviver was the girl passenger. There was another guy from Stubbs motorcycles on a busa, didn't realize the power and it killed him yesterday. I am sure I can go on, but wont. This has been one hell of a week, at min 10 bikers dead since last sunday. I have not ridden since sunday, but did today to work. Been very numb to riding after what all has happend. I almost did the same thing that Rodger did on Sunday, just swung to wide and wasn't riding my ride, was following another bike and he went wide. So this all hits home with me, please be safe out there if you have a bike. Ride your own pace and the street is not a race course. Take it to the track if you want to haul ***.

J

J
Old 04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
that was a big factor in me getting a harley.... i tend to take it nice and slow on my cruiser.. but its still dangerous
i've seen more wrecks involving cruisers than sport bikes. most got hit from behind while at a light and so far the 4 i've seen all survived some how.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

I talked to Brians friends and roomates. His roomate was very upset. Punched holes in their walls when he found out. I talked to my other neibor that just got a new bike. He is good friends with the other guy that fell when brians bike exploded when it hit the rig. From what he said, they were doin about 130 weavin in and out of traffic, Brian wasnt payin attetion and hit the back of the rig at @130. The rig was doin around 70 from what they said. His bike exploded right when it hit and he got hooked onto the back of it...the rest is well... The other guy injured was the one that hit the debris from Brians bike. He laid his bike down but was ok. Services for Brian are this Sunday in the woodlands at 6. His mom is extremely shaken up, his dad is taken it very hard as well. Brian had only been riding for about a year and damn he was ****** nuts on that bike. He had just wrecked about a month ago but got another bike. He was only 20
Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
I talked to Brians friends and roomates. His roomate was very upset. Punched holes in their walls when he found out. I talked to my other neibor that just got a new bike. He is good friends with the other guy that fell when brians bike exploded when it hit the rig. From what he said, they were doin about 130 weavin in and out of traffic, Brian wasnt payin attetion and hit the back of the rig at @130. The rig was doin around 70 from what they said. His bike exploded right when it hit and he got hooked onto the back of it...the rest is well... The other guy injured was the one that hit the debris from Brians bike. He laid his bike down but was ok. Services for Brian are this Sunday in the woodlands at 6. His mom is extremely shaken up, his dad is taken it very hard as well. Brian had only been riding for about a year and damn he was ****** nuts on that bike. He had just wrecked about a month ago but got another bike. He was only 20

Yep heard he was crazy on a bike. Just have to learn not to do 130mph with all the traffic on the road now days. I am just as guilty of speeding, but as for weaving in and out of traffic, no freakin way. He was said to be on the way to PP1..

RIP

J
Old 04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
To be honest im sure it was his fault. He was a cool guy, but cocky on that bike. My other neibor who also owns a vette just got another 750 gixxer after totalling his lastone. His body was torn up pretty bad. I tried to convince him to fix up the vette rather than get another bike. Hopefully this will change his mind. Its the second time in the past 6 months someone I was friends with lost their life on their bike.
Cocky on a crotch rocket spells disaster for sure. Just glad he didn't have his gf on the bike too. Believe it or not I've seen that scenario. These things happen when you lose respect for the machine and think your invincible or got it under control at 100mph or more. OH ***** happen real friggin quick. Probably what was going thru his mind, right before his leg bone.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

RIP....Im a fellow rider.....the second you disrespect the machine it will disrespect you right back, the only problem is it hurts when the machine disrepects you.

Cold reminder of the dangers I face everytime I climb on my bike.

Again RIP and prayers for the family.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hebdog7
RIP....Im a fellow rider.....the second you disrespect the machine it will disrespect you right back, the only problem is it hurts when the machine disrepects you.

Cold reminder of the dangers I face everytime I climb on my bike.

Again RIP and prayers for the family.
When you disrespect the bike, is when it disrespects you back.
I think of this everytime before I go ride.