WTB: BMR or UMI K-Member

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007 | 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default WTB: BMR or UMI K-Member

I need a black bmr or umi k member for an ls1. PM me w/ what you have!
Old 04-29-2007 | 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just buy one new... honestly, people selling them sell them for more than they should, or for a reason... and something like that... it's just worth buying new (99% of it is because if something goes wrong, you, as the original purchaser, have an agreement with said company, buying it second hand negates that agreement and more often than not they're unable to provide a replacement part or cover any possible damages to your car if said part should break due to something related to craftmanship or something specifically with that companies product... etc etc.)

don't sell yourself short, at most you save $50-$75 bucks
Old 04-29-2007 | 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Well I'm here to tell you that i've bought 2 BMR k-members that broke and BMR told me to get fucked cause i used them on my street car.. I see no reason why you should't save some cash on a hard part like a k-member..

Originally Posted by Demon Of Dreams
just buy one new... honestly, people selling them sell them for more than they should, or for a reason... and something like that... it's just worth buying new (99% of it is because if something goes wrong, you, as the original purchaser, have an agreement with said company, buying it second hand negates that agreement and more often than not they're unable to provide a replacement part or cover any possible damages to your car if said part should break due to something related to craftmanship or something specifically with that companies product... etc etc.)

don't sell yourself short, at most you save $50-$75 bucks
Old 04-29-2007 | 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Well I'm here to tell you that i've bought 2 BMR k-members that broke and BMR told me to get fucked cause i used them on my street car.. I see no reason why you should't save some cash on a hard part like a k-member..
for the BMR k-member i could agree, save away... it sucks.

the UMI on the other hand... well... their customer service is vastly superior
Old 04-29-2007 | 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would rather have a UMI but I will take a BMR, black only. If I don't find one in a week or so I'm just gonna buy a new one.
Old 04-30-2007 | 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
I highly doubt that if you want to discuss this further PM me and we can talk........

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 05-01-2007 | 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump..
Old 05-16-2007 | 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks like im going umi
Old 05-16-2007 | 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

been running the BMR on my street car for quite some time.. no problems.
Old 05-16-2007 | 12:36 PM
Banned

i would DEFF go BMR over UMI.... ive worked with both products and BMR's prodcuts seem to fit alot nicer than UMI.....
Old 05-16-2007 | 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

I have never used any UMI products so I can not give you any information on there products or customer service. Checking The board for customer feed back is always a great tool for researching feed back from people using someone elses product.

However I have had quite a few BMR set ups on my personal cars not including god knows how many we put on customers cars during the six years we owned the speed shop.

I have always had great results with there products and great customer service from them as well.

This is the reason I have never even thought about trying someone elses product. I guess im just the type that likes to stick with what I have had great results with.lol
Dave