**ARRESTED** need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 05:20 AM
TECH Veteran

I thought us caucasians were the minority now?
Old 05-11-2007 | 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

^^ thought so too lol.
Old 05-11-2007 | 04:25 PM
Banned

I preferred to be called cracker, thanks
Old 05-11-2007 | 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

I kinda like honkey...or saltine.
Old 05-13-2007 | 04:58 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
I preferred to be called cracker, thanks
I want to be called Mr. Cracker it sounds more professional Some people are just morons when it come to the law.
Old 05-13-2007 | 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

He laid hands on a peace officer. At that point he was fucked....He broke the law by speeding, then acted suspicious. Good job officer.....I can PROMISE you I would be arrested for the same thing. (I'm white)....I get profiled for driving a loud, lopy vette ALL THE TIME!

You can file a suit but with 3 arresting officers and a post 9/11 jury? I suspect there is quite a bit more to the story here as well.

As for racial profiling in airports, it is MORE than justified. Who would you search more closer and 80 year old white grandma or a smelly sheik with headdress? PS I'm hand searched EVERYTIME I go through airport security, doesn't bother me in the least. I'd drive if I cared.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 05-13-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2007 | 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dex
I want to be called Mr. Cracker it sounds more professional Some people are just morons when it come to the law.
Some people are just morons in general
Old 05-13-2007 | 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

where are you all getting that he touched the officer? i never said he touched him i said he put his hand on the door, who the ***** stupid enough to touch a cop?
Old 05-13-2007 | 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
He laid hands on a peace officer. At that point he was fucked....He broke the law by speeding, then acted suspicious. Good job officer.....I can PROMISE you I would be arrested for the same thing. (I'm white)....I get profiled for driving a loud, lopy vette ALL THE TIME!

You can file a suit but with 3 arresting officers and a post 9/11 jury? I suspect there is quite a bit more to the story here as well.

As for racial profiling in airports, it is MORE than justified. Who would you search more closer and 80 year old white grandma or a smelly sheik with headdress? PS I'm hand searched EVERYTIME I go through airport security, doesn't bother me in the least. I'd drive if I cared.

where are you reading this babble bullshit from?
Old 05-14-2007 | 04:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
where are you reading this babble bullshit from?
Your post isn't clear. It sounds like the officer grabbed the door handle then you uncle grabbed his hand....Regardless when you resist in such fashion the outcome will never be good....arab or not. Alot of officers out there are on a power trip....and they do have power.

I resisted a search once before as well.....of course I did call the officer a ***** , but yes I ended up in jail as well!
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Hmmm Well Ive Been A Police Officer For 21 Years And With Out Going Into Alot Of Detail The Officer Did What They Thought Was Right And Legal At The Time Not Being There Any Of Us We Dont Know But There Should Be A Dash Cam Recording There Stop There The Proof We Need To See What Happened Subpeona The The Video Then Tell Us What Happened
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tigertank
Hmmm Well Ive Been A Police Officer For 21 Years And With Out Going Into Alot Of Detail The Officer Did What They Thought Was Right And Legal At The Time Not Being There Any Of Us We Dont Know But There Should Be A Dash Cam Recording There Stop There The Proof We Need To See What Happened Subpeona The The Video Then Tell Us What Happened

just curious.. out of all your years of being an officer you would know this..

how many people DONT consent to search?

they always seem shocked when i tell them no, but other then a few questions, i dont get much of a hassle about it... im not hiding anything, i just like asserting my right.. also, searches take time.. and since i have nothing to hide, why waste my time or the officers time? lol.
Old 05-14-2007 | 12:00 PM
TECH Veteran

99% of the time people will consent. Usually they will, even if they have contraband in the car.
Old 05-14-2007 | 03:51 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Y'all need to understand Texas courts a bit better before you offer legal advice guys.

bmxer8699 and anyone else. Here are a couple of point everyone needs to realize in this forum. First off, you cannot be arrested for basic speeding in and of itself, unless the speed is excessive. But, that gets you into other charges usually.

Now, what most people don't realize is that you CAN be arrested for any other moving violation. That means not using a your turn signal, having invalid registration, out of date inspection sticker, touching the while or yellow lines, or any number of other moving violations no matter how minor. In short, if you do anything that violates the Texas traffic code, you can be arrested, period. Most officers don't want to have to deal with heat for booking you on a minor charge. But, if they are so inclined, they can, and are well within their rights to do so.

Now, an officer can ask you to search your vehicle. You do not have to comply. But, the officer can detain you and bring in a K9 to see if it alerts on your vehicle. So, you might get to have along wait if there are no units avaliable. But, you are well within your rights to tell the oficer you don't want to consent to a search.

Now, what most folks don't realize is this, and it is a key point in this. If you are arrested, the officer is required to "inventory" your vehicle to ensure that nothing goes missing when your car is taken into custody. So, lets say for example. You get pulled over for any moving violation and you have something to hide in your car. You tell the officer you decline to have your vehicle searched. The officer then places you under arrest for the violation. The officer then searches your vehicle without your permission, and finds whatever is in your car that you didn't want them to find. It is perfectly admissable in a court of law. Also, if the officer has something which gies him probably cause. Like he can see a something or smell something which arrouses suspicion. Then he is well within his rights to search you or your vehicle. The same is true for an officer handcuffing you and searching you for weapons. its understood by the courts that the officer is looking out for his personal safety. So, if you are hiding something and he comes across contraband during that search, you will be arrested for it.

Now, as for being arrested for assault. All assault requires is you physically touching that person. It doesn't matter if it is with the end of your pinky. Its still physical contact, and you can be arrested.

Also, an officer can take you into custody, and you can be incarcerated without charges for 48 hours. At that point if there are no charges, they turn you loose. So, you may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride. Again, if you get taken into custody, they will inventory your vehicle. Its not often that someone is taken into custody without chrages, but I'm making you aware that the statues are in place which make it perfectly legal to do so.

Now, this isn't to tell you not to stand up for your rights. But, just understand the "game", and understand the ramifications. Now, it would not be fair to say all that without saying that sometimes folks on either side "push" the rules. Again, if you want play games with the authorities, you'd better have more info that what you heard 3rd hand on the internet. If you really want to question the legality of anything you'd better either get a copy of the Texas civil and criminal code, or have a lawyer on retainer.

Bottom line is from the information you've provided IMHO your Dad could be legally arrested for several of the violations, and all of them would have been perfectly legal to do so in Texas.
Old 05-14-2007 | 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Your post isn't clear. It sounds like the officer grabbed the door handle then you uncle grabbed his hand....Regardless when you resist in such fashion the outcome will never be good....arab or not. Alot of officers out there are on a power trip....and they do have power.

I resisted a search once before as well.....of course I did call the officer a ***** , but yes I ended up in jail as well!

again. it was clear.. you just didnt read all.. to prove my point it was my dad.
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:14 PM
On The Tree

ls69 ta is right 99% will let you to be fair the last 13 years i was in a special unit that did not do patrol or deal with calls so i got a little rusty abouts things, i got out in 2003 so ls 69ta is probably a little more updated than myself
Old 05-15-2007 | 12:18 AM
12 Second Club

Ya'll got it wrong. This was not racial... The cop just doesn't like used car salesman. Can you blame him? J/K