**ARRESTED** need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

This same stuff happens to white people, so why is it considered profiling if it happens to a foreigner???

I had a gun put to my head by a sheriff's deputy for absolutely NO reason, I called Al Sharpton but he didn't wanna help me (jk), so i went to Internal Affairs and filed a complaint.

The officer was suspended w/o pay for several days, end of story.

Why can't everyone quit crying about discrimination, profiling, etc... these same "injustices" happen to white people
Old 05-10-2007 | 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
I didn't wanna say it but I totally agree with you MrDude. It really had me thinking I was one of the few on here who viewed that as totally wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint and opinion but if it's negative and or racist that should be kept to ones self. Not everybody thinks like that and when one post an ignorant comment like that others who are more shallow thinkers go to the "their all like that" giving us/and others a bad name.
no, even if their viewpoint is negative or racist, they still have the same right to say it.

and i still maintain my right to view their opinion of them as such.

still this thread did make be cringe painfully.. and the worse part is, the guy probly doenst even understand WHY.
Old 05-10-2007 | 01:45 PM
Launching!

Default fight it, fight it

i really dislike cops! well most of them anyway
Old 05-10-2007 | 01:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
no, even if their viewpoint is negative or racist, they still have the same right to say it.

and i still maintain my right to view their opinion of them as such.

still this thread did make be cringe painfully.. and the worse part is, the guy probly doenst even understand WHY.
well put my friend. I agree 100%
Old 05-10-2007 | 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lets_fly
i really dislike cops! well most of them anyway

me too
Old 05-10-2007 | 02:21 PM
Launching!

well, if you read the whole thing, and didnt skim it. you will notice he said he made a motion, which the officer could have taken on so many levels. not that he arrested him for being told NO, he cant search.

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28
Obviously they can arrest you for refusing the search...
"hence" the beginning of the thread...

Nobody has mentioned "Common sense"..?

The whole thing started out, "my dad was arrested for speeding" and refusing search"... Now it's, well, he accidently put his hands on the Police officer..

We all know that there are 3 sides to the story... 1) victims 2) police officers 3)truth...

Hope all goes well with your father...
Old 05-10-2007 | 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
me too
Me 3..well, some of them anyway.
Old 05-10-2007 | 03:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Me 3..well, some of them anyway.
LOL, even you dont?
Old 05-10-2007 | 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GTOpowered240sx
Funny how everyone made this a race issue despite the fact that the OP made it clear he was uncooperative to the officer.
Exactly. White, black, brown, red, green.... if you have nothing to hide, let the guy search your car. Cops fear being told "no" in a situation like that. What do you have to hide? Why did you say no to the search? At that point, the officer has more than probable cause to detain you and your car.

If the cop trashes your car, take out your camera phone and snap pics of the end result of the damage... and make sure you get the cops car in there somewhere to prove that you didnt go home and trash your own car.
Old 05-10-2007 | 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DSIM
If the cop trashes your car, take out your camera phone and snap pics of the end result of the damage... and make sure you get the cops car in there somewhere to prove that you didnt go home and trash your own car.
Didn't think about that. He's right. That would be good proof.
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just to clarify, speeding IS on the list of PC offenses in TX. If George Bush was going 1 mph over the speed limit, any cop could LEGALLY search the car. And before anybody starts rambling on about how they know the law and blah blah bullshit, look it up.
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's not how it works. The law states that if a cop has a probable cause, he can do whatever he/she wants to find anything he/she thinks is in the car. This also goes for homes. They can take out your seats, panels, headboard, everything. Not everybody knows that, but it's the law....and it sucks. That happened to a friend on the way to Lubbock from Houston. White guy. He was wearing a jersey and basketball pants, so they thought he was transporting. Took off a whole bunch of ****. Looked it up in the books, and there wasn't **** he could do about it.
Edit: Forgot to mention, the offense was speeding 10-15 over.
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SScott236
LOL, even you dont?
Some of them are asshats. You can't judge the whole for the actions of a few.
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

waterbug1999, you are an ignorant mother ******.

to the OP: do what you can, but it seems like your dad was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. hope it work out.
Old 05-10-2007 | 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

if you have nothing to hide, let the guy search your car. Cops fear being told "no" in a situation like that. What do you have to hide? Why did you say no to the search?.
Before I used to think that way, but like I said earlier:

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
One time I allowed a search of my car (I have nothing to hide) and the guy searched it for an hour...popping the hood.. opened my airbox (Closed it wrong and nearly broke a clip...), opened all my cd cases... I don't blame him for saying no.
His probable cause was no front liscence plate on the car... That he somehow saw from behind me.. I was not speeding.

I was missing my ASR switch at the time.. he stuck his finger in the hole and managed to disconnect the foglight connection from the switch, GG.

Also forgot to mention, after all that crap (and called 2 more squad cars there), he claims to have found marijuana seeds UNDER my rear seat. Seeing as cigarettes aren't even allowed in my car... I really believe that. Then he flicks the 'seed' into the grass when I ask to look at it.

Last edited by Mike2kZ; 05-10-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2007 | 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hebdog7
OK the reason he got pulled was the moving violation of speeding. The paper plates/dealer tags car thiefs use a lot when they steal cars of the lots, then print up fake insurance cards.

The search was warranted ONLY in the arms reach of the suspect to exclude the trunk and glove box IF it was locked. So basicly front seat, passanger seat and rear seats are fair game. If it is a hatch back basicly the whole car is game for a search. The only catch to the search is the officer is doing the search for weapons ONLY. If he finds something else like drugs and he was searching WITH-OUT consent then it is inadmisable evidence.

Now he he was to begin his search in the front seat and happen to look not search just look at the back seat and see something that would give him probable cause then your fucked. If the officer is walking up to the vehicle and sees something like a pipe through the window then he needs no consent after that point.

He probably got arrested for resisting search since he did place his hands on the officer in question. It may have been a reaction on your dads part but a stupid one. NEVER place hands on a peace officer EVER! It will only be you fucked in the long run.

The officer had the right then to search the whole vehicle for WHAT ever he might find. That is Search subject to an arrest.

Any more law questions let me know Im half way through my criminal justice classes part of my certifacation to be a Police Officer.

Penal Code 38.03 refers to the Resisting Arrest, Search, and or transportation. It is a class A misdemeanor unless a deadly weapon is used in the resisting of the arrest and or search.
dad only shut the door, cop was the one that placed his hand on him.

and an update, me and my dad went to the court today and asked the woman cop behind the desk why he was arrested, she looked at it baffled for about 2 minutes and then said in an unsure voice "it was because he had dealer tags on a car."
Old 05-10-2007 | 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GTOpowered240sx
Personally, Im glad the officer did it also. Maybe you all should take out the fact that hes was middle eastern and look at the facts of what happened from the officers point of view. He was speeding, and he had dealers tags. A good reason to pull him over and check him out right? Then he was resistant to the cops requests, and even phisically tried to stop him from reaching in his car. I don't think his race had anything to do with it, but his actions did. He acted as if he had something to hide, plain and simple. Hell, I would have took him in if he looked like Bill Clinton after that.
but heres the thing, a speeding ticket, give the ticket and go, theres no reason to detain like that. there was no P/C in the situation. and after the cop saw his license his attutude got cocky and changed.
Old 05-10-2007 | 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

the thing is, i still dont dislike cops, alot of my friends are cops, plus when something messes up who are the first people to get called? cops.. and what one cop did in my eyes doesnt ruin it for all of them. i have nothing against the police force they do a do a good job when bad things happen. i just think some exercise their authority way too much
Old 05-10-2007 | 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bene
I don't think he'd be able to pass the front gate of military installation w/o any search or business to be there.

Unless he's delivering a pizza!! then...
Old 05-11-2007 | 04:36 AM
On The Tree

Unfortunately, If you’re a minority in this country you can look forward to an experience like what happened to your dad in your lifetime. And for all you bigots reading this, racial profiling did not start after 9/11. This country has a very long history, some good, and some bad. Yeah there are people out there who cry foul when they are dead wrong in a situation but, we all know (even you waterbug) that there are people out there who get a raw deal when getting pulled over. Me being black and from a not so good part of town, I've always tried show the world that I'm not like the people I grew up with. I spent 6 years in the Marines, I graduated from college, I got married and that still didn't stop some cop from walking up to my car with his gun out. While me, my wife, and my 1-year-old daughter in the backseat wondered what was going on. The cop would later apologize. He said he would normally do that when he was on an open stretch of highway. The point is yes this does happen to everyone (all races) but, for some of us the experience is a little different. My advice to you and your dad would be to get over it. And learn the proper eddicate for being pulled over. Just ask someone from south Dallas.