**ARRESTED** need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007 | 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

more details, the dealer tag was updated as of today and was being transported to his car lot, the cop said he was confinscating the tag and reached inside the car to get it, my dad put his hand on the door before he could and said why are you doing this, the cop took his hand off. and my dad backed away and cooperated. 2 other cars show up. the cop told the other, he has a clean background, etc etc. then the cop said, i bet you didnt think you were going to jail when you woke up this morning, dad replied, your the one picking on me, cop then says ok ive had enough of you and put him under arrest... dad asked the other 2 cops are they just gonna sit there, they said a fellow officer has made his decision. so the cop goes and talks to my dad in the jail and questioned about 3 businesses asking who they were owned by.. and truthfully my dad said he owned them all. the cop also said you didnt have any reciepts in the car or anything, or anything wrong. and told my dad to have a nice day. and tahts it..

EDIT
he never touched the officer.. please read more clearly..

Last edited by bmxer8699; 05-13-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2007 | 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
more details, the dealer tag was updated as of today and was being transported to his car lot, the cop said he was confinscating the tag and reached inside the car to get it, my dad put his hand on the door before he could and said why are you doing this, the cop took his hand off. and my dad backed away and cooperated. 2 other cars show up. the cop told the other, he has a clean background, etc etc. then the cop said, i bet you didnt think you were going to jail when you woke up this morning, dad replied, your the one picking on me, cop then says ok ive had enough of you and put him under arrest... dad asked the other 2 cops are they just gonna sit there, they said a fellow officer has made his decision. so the cop goes and talks to my dad in the jail and questioned about 3 businesses asking who they were owned by.. and truthfully my dad said he owned them all. the cop also said you didnt have any reciepts in the car or anything, or anything wrong. and told my dad to have a nice day. and tahts it..
When the cop was talkin' smack to him, he should have asked to speak to their supervisor right there. .
Old 05-09-2007 | 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Thats **** happens all the time, you say no to a search of the vehicle, you are going to be detained and get it searched the hard way. Either by dogs, get it towed, etc...

The cop had suspicion (SP) which was the paper plates... Hell, I am a 32 year old white guy from Texas and it has happened with me before. I said go right on ahead, the cop searched, found nothing and even let me out of the ticket...

So, I guess the Mexican cop was profiling me? I seriously freakin doubt it!

Im glad the cop did what he did.
personally i think your a jack *** and if you have kids i hope you raise them to be more tolerant of other cultures.....the cop had no suspision to warrant a search people buy cars every day so why dont they pull them over too....its very clear the cop was profiling and i hope he and whatever city he was in gets the **** sued out of them. my advice get a lawyer and fight that **** also get the cops badge number and name off the ticket and file a formal complaint against him.
Old 05-09-2007 | 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

tomorrows going to be a busy day. thank you all for the advice and comments.
Old 05-09-2007 | 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try refusing a breathalizer... If the cop thinks you have been drinking and you say no to it, you are going to jail or at least detained and taking downtown.

No difference really.
two completely different offenses and besides if you have been drinking and you blow your going to lose your licenses anyways so why not say no make them take you to the station and sober up some......

ps i do not condone drinking and driving.
Old 05-09-2007 | 10:53 PM
Launching!

I will go to jail before i let a police officer search my truck agian. I got pulled over about 4 months ago for doin 78 in a 60, my hands shake alot so the guy thought i was nervous. He asked if he can search my vehicle and me so i say ok and let hime do it. He searched me first and bout halfway through he tells me im under arrest for possesion of marijuana. I didnt have **** on me. Finaly he searches me agian and realizes i dont have **** on me and un cuffs me. Then he tears the inside of my truck apart and doesnt find nothing. He comes back to me with a ticket for speeding. I walk back up to my truck and all my **** is thrown everywere and the nitrous bottle is turned on, it wasnt when i got out of the truck. Pissed me off. Dude was a complete *** hole the whole time too. Name was Oficer Wilson in his mid 40s he was a highway patrol in Johnson County. Not sayin all cops are like that but some are just on a power trip.

Jon
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96ta
personally i think your a jack *** and if you have kids i hope you raise them to be more tolerant of other cultures.....the cop had no suspision to warrant a search people buy cars every day so why dont they pull them over too....its very clear the cop was profiling and i hope he and whatever city he was in gets the **** sued out of them. my advice get a lawyer and fight that **** also get the cops badge number and name off the ticket and file a formal complaint against him.
Your the jack *** buttwipe...

I am the minority at work and deal with multi-cultured individuals everday.. I was stating my experience and I did not freak out and start wanting to sew, do to being profiled out!
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

two completely different offenses and besides if you have been drinking and you blow your going to lose your licenses anyways so why not say no make them take you to the station and sober up some......

ps i do not condone drinking and driving.
I see your point in the difference.

I was trying to come up with a similar situation..
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Well, given the last 5 years with all the attacks here in the U.S. and overseas, he says no to a car search, what do you think the cop is thinking?
I mean, the car has no plates, the man had a foriegn name... If I was the cop, I would do the same damn thing.. Sounds to me like the cop just did a search of the person and the car the hard way..
Prolly could have been avoided if the man would have said "Yea Officer, go ahead and search the car"...
that is racial profiling which is not allowed.
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Well, given the last 5 years with all the attacks here in the U.S. and overseas, he says no to a car search, what do you think the cop is thinking?
I mean, the car has no plates, the man had a foriegn name... If I was the cop, I would do the same damn thing.. Sounds to me like the cop just did a search of the person and the car the hard way..
Prolly could have been avoided if the man would have said "Yea Officer, go ahead and search the car"...
didnt know we had a racial profiler on here. thats kinda fucked up man.

9/11 was 5 years ago... god not all foreigners are criminals, nor deserved to be treated any differently..
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris_Hearn
that is racial profiling which is not allowed.
Im not going to argue with everyone on here.. I am sure I will get bashed enough as it is..

It happens to all race of people.. You just hear about the ones that are minority and make a claim "Oh, I got soooo violated".. It happens to everyone.
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

9/11 was 5 years ago... god not all foreigners are criminals, nor deserved to be treated any differently..
Unfortunately some people can't see past skin color. It's a shame thats how things are, hopefully one day it won't be.
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

O.k.... Let him go and park the car by your work then.

Rather be safe then sorry... No search of the car, detain the guy and tow the car in for a search... Simple.
You are a bigot and make all of us F-body owners look bad.
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

Do you know me? I am not a racial profiler what so ever. Just saying that with all the terroristic past the last 5 year, you can imagine this sort of thing will happen.
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
You are a bigot and make all of us F-body owners look bad.
Whatever...
Old 05-09-2007 | 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

If that isnt profiling, I dont know what is.
Old 05-10-2007 | 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

OK the reason he got pulled was the moving violation of speeding. The paper plates/dealer tags car thiefs use a lot when they steal cars of the lots, then print up fake insurance cards.

The search was warranted ONLY in the arms reach of the suspect to exclude the trunk and glove box IF it was locked. So basicly front seat, passanger seat and rear seats are fair game. If it is a hatch back basicly the whole car is game for a search. The only catch to the search is the officer is doing the search for weapons ONLY. If he finds something else like drugs and he was searching WITH-OUT consent then it is inadmisable evidence.

Now he he was to begin his search in the front seat and happen to look not search just look at the back seat and see something that would give him probable cause then your fucked. If the officer is walking up to the vehicle and sees something like a pipe through the window then he needs no consent after that point.

He probably got arrested for resisting search since he did place his hands on the officer in question. It may have been a reaction on your dads part but a stupid one. NEVER place hands on a peace officer EVER! It will only be you fucked in the long run.

The officer had the right then to search the whole vehicle for WHAT ever he might find. That is Search subject to an arrest.

Any more law questions let me know Im half way through my criminal justice classes part of my certifacation to be a Police Officer.

Penal Code 38.03 refers to the Resisting Arrest, Search, and or transportation. It is a class A misdemeanor unless a deadly weapon is used in the resisting of the arrest and or search.
Old 05-10-2007 | 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

your funny.

i think you dont know laws, 32 or not, you cant compare breathlizer to search the car.

if they ask you to search, you can SAY NO, and they cant arrest YOU

if you are drunk, and they ask you, and you say NO, they can

those are 2 diff things, apples and oranges. i think you dont kow your laws.....

I see your point in the difference.

I was trying to come up with a similar situation..
Old 05-10-2007 | 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by Havok2
your funny.

i think you dont know laws, 32 or not, you cant compare breathlizer to search the car.

if they ask you to search, you can SAY NO, and they cant arrest YOU

if you are drunk, and they ask you, and you say NO, they can

those are 2 diff things, apples and oranges. i think you dont kow your laws.....
Old 05-10-2007 | 02:45 AM
On The Tree

Last time I checked profiling was perfectly legal.

This thread really has some ignorance in it. Profiling is used by the police all the time. Its a science, plain and simple, and it helps them do thier job more effeciently. It helps them determine suspicion, among other things. If the person has nothing to hide, they have nothing to worry about. I have been profiled and CHARGED numerous times (im white) due to my custom rides, and just being stupid. Profiling has helped the police protect us for years, theres no telling how many lives it has saved. For those that are complaining, maybe the cops should just keep going next time they see a suspicious person at your window or next to your car.

In this case, it sounds as though the father was done wrong. But this just a downside to the system, and part of having the freedom and security we have. He shouldn't have attempted to resist the cop in any way, which he did when he grabbed his arm. If he cooperates and shows everything is in order (which is his duty as a citizen), they will most likely throw it out.

Personally, Im glad the officer did it also. Maybe you all should take out the fact that hes was middle eastern and look at the facts of what happened from the officers point of view. He was speeding, and he had dealers tags. A good reason to pull him over and check him out right? Then he was resistant to the cops requests, and even phisically tried to stop him from reaching in his car. I don't think his race had anything to do with it, but his actions did. He acted as if he had something to hide, plain and simple. Hell, I would have took him in if he looked like Bill Clinton after that.

Funny how everyone made this a race issue despite the fact that the OP made it clear he was uncooperative to the officer.

Good luck with the case. If he has nothing to hide and is legit then call the DA. They may even drop it before court.