If you oppose amnesty for illegals, please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexv6camaro
All this wouldnt be such a big deal if they would just take the time to do it legally, Sure it takes years to get a green card but you can get work visa and other things that allow you to pay taxes and work legally. EX: my step family is from russia they dont have greencards yet but my step mom has a work permit that enables her to work in regular jobs.

Second to that when we have illegals working it is taking away jobs from true american citizens, they are undercuting american owned companys to work for dirt cheap, pay no taxes, and do horrible jobs. I mean they build houses but if you look they are never straight and most of them are not to upto spec with the laws and safty codes. question is how does this pass the inspectors are usually mexican and get paid off to let this underpar work go. Think though that we now live in these homes.

Even though texas "was" part of mexico its not anymore. Its just like some african americans wanting to be treated differently because there greats were slaves, that was a 100 years ago so to say...
I can tell you know nothing about construction. It's the HOMEBUILDERS that allow these "track homes" to get built in that manner. You get what you pay for, if your want to buy a 100,000 NEW home your gonna get a piece of ****, thats just how it is. These same laborers also build some of the nicest homes in neighborhoods that demand quality work like west U, piney point, memorial area etc.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

that is hilarious Matt :bowrofl:
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jhug
"They took our jobs!"
I hate to tell you guys a hard fact, but here it is. The conctruction industry has taken HUGE hits in the last two decades because of illegal workers. Yeah, you say they work cheaper and its helpful. NO. Many of them start their own companies working every side stepping angle they can. Pay their brothers and cousins the same they would make for someone else, and run the whole operation at 30% less than we natives. I deal with it EVERY ******* day. It has hurt my grandfathers company very badly in the last few years as well. We need strict penalties for offenders, its hurts our economy as a whole. **** the rights of any illegal, be them from Mexico, England, or Africa. If you dont do it right, be gone with you.
TECH Fanatic

All of you who support having them over here need to get a fuc&%ing clue. This country is already going to ****, what do you think will happen with 20 million MORE illegal immigrants make their way here?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
All of you who support having them over here need to get a fuc&%ing clue. This country is already going to ****, what do you think will happen with 20 million MORE illegal immigrants make their way here?
We are going to sit here and take it on the chin because all of these bleeding heart liberals and ***** rights activists. All the while these same "decision makers" sit in their mansions while the middle class neighborhoods morph in barrios, crime goes up, welfare draw rises, taxes and health care rise.......you know the really neat stuff.
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NemeSS
and i want a solid gold LS7 engine for my SS.

but its not gonna happen,
i hate to break it you friend but the lazy *** ****'s
far outweigh the hardworkers in this country, and the proof of puddin'
is in the crust.
y would they pay me and you 25-30$ hour to build freeways
in 100*+ Texas weather during the summer when they can get some
illegal person to do it for minimum wage?
i sure as hell would not do that job for any less$ and i know your not going to do it. i make 35$ hour and i feel underpaid,.
if anything they will continue to come,
i wonder how many citizens like you and me that are unemployed ran to New Orleans to rebuild it for minimum wage??? after Katrina
i wonder whos rebuilding New Orleans as we type??
see the media leaves out ALOT of information that is not convenient to the
the whole picture and focuses on the negative. as usual.
i agree with everything you stated. i dont see too many races other than whites in my line of work, diesel mechanic/rig welder. anything is possible, but i dont think they will be hiring too many "minimum wage illegals" in my line of work
TECH Resident

Exactly.

I know they do the work nobody else wants to do....but they are violating the Laws of this Country, changing our culture, becoming the majority, and making me "press 1 to continue in english." **** that!
Open your eyes, America as we know it will be obsolete very soon at this pace...What defines a country are the people who inhabit it...If the majority race in this country becomes Mexicans, well then, we are aren't living in America anymore......It will be more like Meximerica...
Old 05-17-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I hate to tell you guys a hard fact, but here it is. The conctruction industry has taken HUGE hits in the last two decades because of illegal workers. Yeah, you say they work cheaper and its helpful. NO. Many of them start their own companies working every side stepping angle they can. Pay their brothers and cousins the same they would make for someone else, and run the whole operation at 30% less than we natives. I deal with it EVERY ******* day. It has hurt my grandfathers company very badly in the last few years as well. We need strict penalties for offenders, its hurts our economy as a whole. **** the rights of any illegal, be them from Mexico, England, or Africa. If you dont do it right, be gone with you.
my own family has experienced a similiar fate, my uncle who is a war veteran
ran a custom cabinet and interior trim company for many years, had to close his doors a few yrs. ago due to the inflation of illegal workers in texas,
specifically in the pearland, bay, kemah, area in the 90's. always did quality
work and paid all his taxes, insurance, etc. but he could not compete with
the contractors that had slave prices. but in reality its the people who are at the top and turn their head other way when they know this is going on in their
company, who are to blame and should be penalized. these type of people
are the ones who help fuel the fire if you will. it bs that top level executives
do not know who is building there company homes. at least this applies to the construction business in houston and surrounding areas.
the illegal people are only a part of the problem, to have it done correct.
elimination must begin at the top. and with the people who look the other way.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpat1023
I know they do the work nobody else wants to do....
Bush always says that, but he always forgets to add the most important part of that statement.

They do the work nobody else wants to do.... for so little money.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BryanJohnson
i agree with everything you stated. i dont see too many races other than whites in my line of work, diesel mechanic/rig welder. anything is possible, but i dont think they will be hiring too many "minimum wage illegals" in my line of work
If they could, they would
Old 05-17-2007, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
If they could, they would
thats true. and the production companies will hire them as rough necks, but not welders. the job has to be done now, and right the first time.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hot topic for me personally.....I'll elaborate.

My wife is from England, I am a veteran and the USAF woudln't immigrate my wife so I was forced to endure the process.

We moved to the D/FW area Sept 2004. We applied LEGALLY Dec 3rd and paid nearly $2000 for two people to becomes legal residence (green card). My wife gets her Work Permit (that's only valid for a year). August 2005 we have our "interview" (what a joke), they would have had their passports stamped and had our green cards by the end of 2005, well guess swhat...it's middle 2007!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But, we can say, that we are doing it legally! INS knows where we live (we've been visidted as well). We are waiting on th FBI backround check. At least WE know!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Bush always says that, but he always forgets to add the most important part of that statement.

They do the work nobody else wants to do.... for so little money.
I didn't say that because 'Bush always says that'. I didn't even know Bush said that...actually I doubt he does, because it sounds pretty racist...

I said it because it's the truth. And you keep stressing "for so little money"...I don't think you understand how them doing jobs for so little money directly transfers to lower prices on goods and services for the consumer, which is you...ecomonics 101.
Illegal aliens doing cheap labor benefits the alien, the employer, and the consumer. Its win/win/win, except for the fact that we have to live with all of them, which greatly influences our culture and policies...
Its been this way for over a hundred years, but because of our cut-throat capitalistic nature, we just can't get enough cheap labor, and it has gotten to the point where there are just too many of them...hence all the immigration debates...

Last edited by jpat1023; 05-17-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Was this compromise floated instead of the 5 to 1 concept? Or is that still part of the amnesty program?

<5 to 1, as I was explained it, means for every 1 illegal given amnesty, they can bring 5 family members over.>
Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't say that because 'Bush always says that'. I didn't even know Bush said that...actually I doubt he does, because it sounds pretty racist...

I said it because it's the truth. And you keep stressing "for so little money"...I don't think you understand how them doing jobs for so little money directly transfers to lower prices on good and services for the consumer, which is you...ecomonics 101.
Illegal aliens doing cheap labor benefits the alien, the employer, and the consumer. Its win/win/win, except for the fact that we have to live with all of them, which greatly influences our culture and policies...
Its been this way for over a hundred years, but because of our cut-throat capitalistic nature, we just can't get enough cheap labor, and it has gotten to the point where there are just too many of them...hence all the immigration debates...
I would hardly say win/win/win. I benefits the immediate parties involved in that one instance. It still hurts the state and countries overhead, which in turn reflects on our, their, and everyone's taxes. Hence bullshit like the 10% franchise tax even if you arent a franchise for any company that grosses over $300K. You think the government would dream that crap up if they werent so many problems they are fighting? Calling what it is going on a winning situation is terribly narrow minded. You call 50+ year legacy family businesses closing the doors because of hack shack illegal companies a winning scenario? I certainly do not.

Brandon L. Nix
Business Owner
Tax Payer
Legal Citizen
Old 05-17-2007, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
and i want a solid gold LS7 engine for my SS.

but its not gonna happen,
i hate to break it you friend but the lazy *** ****'s
far outweigh the hardworkers in this country, and the proof of puddin'
is in the crust.
y would they pay me and you 25-30$ hour to build freeways
in 100*+ Texas weather during the summer when they can get some
illegal person to do it for minimum wage?
i sure as hell would not do that job for any less$ and i know your not going to do it. i make 35$ hour and i feel underpaid,.
if anything they will continue to come,
i wonder how many citizens like you and me that are unemployed ran to New Orleans to rebuild it for minimum wage??? after Katrina
i wonder whos rebuilding New Orleans as we type??
see the media leaves out ALOT of information that is not convenient to the
the whole picture and focuses on the negative. as usual.

If i ever win the lottery i will get you a solid gold LS7 engine, down to every screw, I SWEAR
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I would hardly say win/win/win. I benefits the immediate parties involved in that one instance. It still hurts the state and countries overhead, which in turn reflects on our, their, and everyone's taxes. Hence bullshit like the 10% franchise tax even if you arent a franchise for any company that grosses over $300K. You think the government would dream that crap up if they werent so many problems they are fighting? Calling what it is going on a winning situation is terribly narrow minded. You call 50+ year legacy family businesses closing the doors because of hack shack illegal companies a winning scenario? I certainly do not.
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, but speaking on strictly economic terms, it is a win/win/win...That is economics 101. Cheap labor = cheap costs = cheap prices. There is no disputing that.

Speaking about one personal independent case and thinking it applies to the economy as a whole is close minded, and ignorant....nothing about my post was close minded...
Old 05-17-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, but speaking on strictly economic terms, it is a win/win/win...That is economics 101. Cheap labor = cheap costs = cheap prices. There is no disputing that.

Speaking about one personal independent case and thinking it applies to the economy as a whole is close minded, and ignorant....nothing about my post was close minded...
Firstly professor, if you want to speak in economic terms, then look at the economy. If you have money that is distributed in majority out of this country, that is negative to the economy. Contractors spend tons of money, to which you realize no doubt. Operating expenses, raw materials, employee payroll/benefits, etc., are all things that tie directly back to the economy. The operating expenses, employee pay, and other variables that are inherently higher than an illegal are a positive to this country. Its all basic capitalism and has a direct impact to your APR on everything, and the general prime index for the "cost of money". Nothing of what I reference is independant or personal. These are facts I see, hear, and read about it in mass.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:30 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Its the big companies that pay lower prices to the illegals and they keep most of the profit. Until someone gets the corporations to stop hiring illegals then it will probably stop, but since they r fattening their wallets, they wont stop.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got one other comment to make....

If the city councilman of Farmers Branch that proposed the law that was passed last saturday and decides to run for Governor/President, he will get my vote!!!

I don't care if somebody from another country wants to come and live here, just do it LEGALLY! That's all I ask!!