Suspended Liscence Conundrum .....any legal knowledge come in

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspended Liscence Conundrum .....any legal knowledge come in

OK.....I am originally from Ohio, liscence just got suspended there for some old traffic violations. Question being, those charges brought about bench warrants, nothing major minor misdemeanors, can i get a Texas driving liscence or are they gonna see my Ohio record and arrest my *** at the DPS office? Basically i have heard both sides, all states share information, then i also heard only Texas, and two other states do not transfer information. Just looking to clear this up a lil bit if anyone knows.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a decade ago I got my dl suspended for a year for dwi (texas resident & dl). I constantly traveled between california and texas for work at the time, so I went for a cali dl. Took a written exam, gave them a copy of my texas dl, got a cali dl with my texas home address on it. I got so much **** from bars about the the dl with a different state address on it, but it was a legit dl and it cleared just fine when pulled over. Not to say that I didn't get a little extra harrasment out of the fuzz, but who could blame them, it was a suspicious dl. Anway, after the texas suspension was over, I found out that even though the order to suspend my texas dl was filed, it never actually went through. It just never made it's way through the stack I guess. NOt the most helpful post I know, but that's my story. Hope it helps.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

you will most likely be arrested if your warrants are above a class C misdemeanor, they should show in the NCIC. Whether or not the original agency decides to extradite is up to them, but I bet you'll be arrested, and If you're caught driving here, you will most likely also be charged with Driving While License Invalid(Misd B).

James
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

I am pretty sure that I have a warrant in Louisiana that Texas doesnt know about... been pulled over several times since I got a ticket there and never paid it.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DSIM
I am pretty sure that I have a warrant in Louisiana that Texas doesnt know about... been pulled over several times since I got a ticket there and never paid it.
If it's a small town where you got it, they may just keep it in the city. Chances are the officer either didn't check to see if you were wanted, or the city isn't really worried about it.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS69TA
If it's a small town where you got it, they may just keep it in the city. Chances are the officer either didn't check to see if you were wanted, or the city isn't really worried about it.

Got pulled over by a trooper, but it was in a small town.