what kind of spider is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007 | 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Could have been worse. It could have been a camel spider.
OK Im a ***** when it comes to spiders too but that one made me shiver and my hair stand on end! SNOPES to the rescue!
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
OK Im a ***** when it comes to spiders too but that one made me shiver and my hair stand on end! SNOPES to the rescue!
Yeah, camel spiders are pretty harmless, but answer this: Would YOU want something that looked like that crawling up your leg?

As soon as one of those crawled up my leg, I can guarandamntee you something else would be running down my leg.

-Mike
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, camel spiders are pretty harmless, but answer this: Would YOU want something that looked like that crawling up your leg?

As soon as one of those crawled up my leg, I can guarandamntee you something else would be running down my leg.

-Mike
It wouldnt even have to be that big or ugly. The dancing and noises that would ensue from me would ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

It wouldnt even have to be that big or ugly. The dancing and noises that would ensue from me would ridiculous.
Like the time I was mowing the back yard and hit a bush that was full of wasps. My wife came outside and damn near fell over laughing. Not because of the yelling or the running, but because there where several evenly-spaced rows of neatly cut grass...and one zig-zag line of cut grass running across the yard, where I ran like a ninny, with lawnmower in tow.

-Mike
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

Like the time I was mowing the back yard and hit a bush that was full of wasps. My wife came outside and damn near fell over laughing. Not because of the yelling or the running, but because there where several evenly-spaced rows of neatly cut grass...and one zig-zag line of cut grass running across the yard, where I ran like a ninny, with lawnmower in tow.

-Mike
I run from wasps for a different reason. Im allergic. I like being able to breathe.
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

camel spiders suck, i am down in baghdad there isnt too many down here but my last tour when i was in mosul oh man it sucked they are everywhere and they will chase you i dont care what anyone says
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ws6man2000
camel spiders suck, i am down in baghdad there isnt too many down here but my last tour when i was in mosul oh man it sucked they are everywhere and they will chase you i dont care what anyone says
So I suppose you learned some new dance moves while you were there huh?
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

you should have killed it and hung it up on the garage door as a show of force....
Old 05-28-2007 | 01:54 AM
12 Second Club

I run from wasps for a different reason. Im allergic. I like being able to breathe.
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

i had 1 crawl out of a buddies ruck and up my leg while i was on a laptop and i threw it in the air and ran haha, actually i might have a pic of it somewhere they killed it and one of our chiefs held it up like he was eating it and it dripped its goo on him
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

**** that I hate spiders.... I had a room mate with a tarantula and he went out of town one weekend I killed that bitch as soon as he walked out the door....
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:12 AM
10 Second Club

that is bout as good as what i found in my garage the other day...a ****** black widow!!!! i bout **** my self i was goin to get a damn shot gun and **** its word up cause i dont play when it comes to spiders but dad killed it first.
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by onebadblackz
**** that I hate spiders.... I had a room mate with a tarantula and he went out of town one weekend I killed that bitch as soon as he walked out the door....
i bout just died from not bein able to breath cause i was lauhing so damn hard
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

yep, the OP's pictured spider is a wolf spider....and that's about as big as they get

it's funny to see how so many people are so scared of such a silly thing like a big spider....it's not really the big spiders you gotta worry about, you can see them coming most of the time.

it's the smaller ones that you CAN'T see coming that you should worry about. the smaller ones are usually the more dangerous ones.....since they are smaller, they can't simply overpower their prey, so to make up for the lack of "muscle", they have more potent venom that does their killing for them......

sleep well, ladies.....
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:15 AM
10 Second Club

oh and 1 more thing the only good spider is a dead spider!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
that is bout as good as what i found in my garage the other day...a ****** black widow!!!! i bout **** my self i was goin to get a damn shot gun and **** its word up cause i dont play when it comes to spiders but dad killed it first.
there was a big *** spider hanging from the garage door one time I shot that bitch with a 12 gauge.. I really really hate spiders.....
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by onebadblackz
there was a big *** spider hanging from the garage door one time I shot that bitch with a 12 gauge.. I really really hate spiders.....
i hear ya! i was campin (out in the middle of the woods) once and came by a big spider and i shot it with my sawed off 12 gauge
Old 05-28-2007 | 03:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep like it was previously said it is a Wolf Spider. Here is another nice pic of one you can recognize them by a pair of large forward facing eyes, and their brown coloring.

We use to have tarantulas back home and those you definitely do not want around the house. They are rarely deadly but their bite is very painful. Either way wolf spiders are ugly mothers, their bite is not pleasant either and I would also kill it if I found one inside the house or garage.

This is what ours look like:
Old 05-28-2007 | 06:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
that is bout as good as what i found in my garage the other day...a ****** black widow!!!!
We have Black Widows ALL OVER our garage and in the shop, around the house, etc. When I find some (since they like to hide in very dark places) I'll post up some pics, before and after Flamethrower mod.
Old 05-28-2007 | 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

from the pic you have on the floor its hard to tell, but id say wolf spider, those ******* can get pretty big

Quick Reply: what kind of spider is this?