Good machine shop in Houston??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hanibal, your motor has been here at the machine shop a lot longer than 4 months, but thats not only because you having to wait on the shop. I think you can agree its because the machine shop has been waiting on you and your brother also.

The date original date on the ticket is 1-20-03. The shop has been waiting on you and your brother to gather up parts for almost 4.5 years. I know you have now bought the "project" from your brother, but there is alot more to this story than you have been waiting for four months.

I understand you want your motor back, but you still need to gather up some of the hard parts. You still need lifters and other parts. Get that in here, and your motor will be together ASAP.

Last edited by J-Rod; 06-15-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw your reply. I'm glad to see everyone is on the same page. I think you will be very satisfied with your motor.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it was a pain convincing my brother to sell me the car and now that i took it over it will never sit for four years again. I apreciate the work and will get those lifters to yall as soon as they come in. Is that all yall needed?
Old 12-24-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Ok just an update. The motor was put in a while back, did not read oil pressure. So i started taking stuff off. I took off the timing cover and found no galley plug right next to the oil pump. I called them up numerous times and they said it would mark pressure to just give it like 5-10min to read. Well i would give it less than that, scared to mess something up. Since the get go the motor is knocking. It seems like it is coming from the timing cover so i pulled it again but all seems fine. It was a mild knock but it is getting worse. I am pissed off right now because i know this motor is going to have to come off again.

For those that need a stroker motor built, go to someone who can build them. I have learned my lesson. I trusted them to do it because they said they could. Come to find out they were getting on here to figure out how to build one.

Erick at HKE is my next bet. This pos motor is coming out asap.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Pheonix
Ok just an update. The motor was put in a while back, did not read oil pressure. So i started taking stuff off. I took off the timing cover and found no galley plug right next to the oil pump. I called them up numerous times and they said it would mark pressure to just give it like 5-10min to read. Well i would give it less than that, scared to mess something up. Since the get go the motor is knocking. It seems like it is coming from the timing cover so i pulled it again but all seems fine. It was a mild knock but it is getting worse. I am pissed off right now because i know this motor is going to have to come off again.

For those that need a stroker motor built, go to someone who can build them. I have learned my lesson. I trusted them to do it because they said they could. Come to find out they were getting on here to figure out how to build one.

Erick at HKE is my next bet. This pos motor is coming out asap.
Wow, LOL. Yeah, Erik can hook ya up. It's an LSx engine, and they forgot to plug up that big old hole in the front of the engine?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

Yup they forgot to plug it, like you said i can't see how. He said the galley plug must have backed out, yeah with the timing cover right behind it. There is no way it can back out.

Now i am looking for an ls3 to make it a 408.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:29 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Wow you got screwed. Give me a call and we can get the ball rolling with Erik @ HKE.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Wow you got screwed. Give me a call and we can get the ball rolling with Erik @ HKE.
I will do that as soon as i get my hands on a ls3. My rotating assembly should fit just fine correct? It's all Lunati.

Quick Reply: Good machine shop in Houston??