Going to court for MIC, any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIC is one of the gayest fines alcohol related out there. I got one and it cost me $500, 20 hours community service, probation until i'm 21 (if i want it cleared from the record) and a huge paper about drunk driving which I wasn't doing. I was walking into a club with my buddy and it was just me and him. Walking, talking not acting crazy on the phone or even being loud at all. However what got us fucked up is that we were both smoking. I don't even smoke but for some reason I was that night and they assumed we were under 18 which once we proved them wrong they moved right on in to the assumption of alcohol. So we gotta fake *** "sobriety" test to tell us we were "drunk" which got us a ride to jail to prove we were slightly intoxicated with breathalizer tests. Thank god they got us off the streets and away from the club. There is not telling what we might have done...I mean jesus I was liable to walk up, pay my entrance, mix and mingle and maybe get a girls number! God bless those two officers for preventing my malicious behavior. Don't get me wrong there is a law for this stuff and it should be applied to kids acting out of control or basically as a 21+ person would get a P.I. Many law enforcement officers use it as a crutch to **** you tho...

BTW did I say MIC's are the gayest fine alcohol related ever...?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

From my experience if a party gets busted, even if you are over 21, just run lol
Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Teching In

or you could no drink until your 21 and not be retarted
Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BigSteele
From my experience if a party gets busted, even if you are over 21, just run lol
Yep, back in the day everybody that was under 21 turned into track stars when the cops showed up
Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

dude i just got over a MIP, just like said admit you fucked up, get the dirverson. stay good for a while.

and honestly a half a beer? do you think anyone is really gonna belive you drank half a beer and put the other half down? and still blew .014 that longer later? enless your a hell of a lightweight..... at least come up with a belivable story
Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Mustang Moderator

Take what you've got coming. If you've got a spotless record ask for it to be reduced to something stupid, and pay the fine.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Launching!

for blowing that low i woulda drank more, and then ask the cop to hold my beer.

lol jk but ur not that screwed, i think a majority of kids these days run into some trouble such as mip's, just get a lawyer, do the community service and what not, i think it comes off ur record when you turn 21 anyway? thats what happend to one of my buddies, but urs is an MIC not an MIP so best of luck
Old 06-21-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by estegeme
dude i just got over a MIP, just like said admit you fucked up, get the dirverson. stay good for a while.

and honestly a half a beer? do you think anyone is really gonna belive you drank half a beer and put the other half down? and still blew .014 that longer later? enless your a hell of a lightweight..... at least come up with a belivable story
I didnt drink half of it, and put the rest down. It was a keg, I filled the cup up halfway....That is why I figured I would try and lie out of it, because I am telling the truth, and "the truth" isnt believable obviously...
Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

dont even bother with a lawyer, almost everyone i know has an mic. you got caught, dont waste the money on the lawyer.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by deez nutz
or you could no drink until your 21 and not be retarted
so you never drank a drop of alchohol before you turned 21? i call bullshit on that. and if the OP is telling the truth, i am sure most people on this board have even DRIVEN a lot drunker than he was, and he was not even driving. i think it was a bullshit ticket, but then again, i got to go to jail for being drunk in the PASSENGER seat of my car.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Yep, back in the day everybody that was under 21 turned into track stars when the cops showed up
They still do, hahah.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you already posted you argued w/the cop about how much you drank, I'm pretty sure he's already written that down. They keep notebooks on this stuff. . . so the "DENY DENY DENY" option is probably out the window. Like everyone else said already, cough up a set of nuts and take it like a man. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigSteele
And get your license pulled? Great idea.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
And get your license pulled? Great idea.

foot soldiers....

throw the beer and start hopping fences
Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Duffster
Since you already posted you argued w/the cop about how much you drank, I'm pretty sure he's already written that down. They keep notebooks on this stuff. . . so the "DENY DENY DENY" option is probably out the window. Like everyone else said already, cough up a set of nuts and take it like a man. Good luck.

I never said I argued with the cop, and I didnt. I told him how much I had, but he didnt believe me, I said nothing after that. If he didnt believe me then, he wouldnt believe me after 5 minutes of arguing. Anyway, went to court, got a $258 fine, have to take an AA class, and have 90 days of deferred.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

well, then that's a good solution then.

Now, just don't drink until your 21 and you don't got to worry about it!

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
foot soldiers....

throw the beer and start hopping fences

Thats why if the party is close, you get a ride to it and bring your keys. That way if you have to run, at least you are close to SOMEONES car (hopefully you are not the only one smart enough to do this).

Quick Reply: Going to court for MIC, any tips?