Thanks for nothing HPE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
yep and you are right for the most part, but Mike Whitehouse has prob tuned my car about 10 different times on the same set up I currently have just adjusting little things to make me happier. G-Force sure has made me a very happy customer because I can be a real OCD ******* when it comes to my cars performance. Good shops are hard to find thats why when you do find one you stay with them. G-FORCE is A+ in my book and the only shop I would trust to do any of my work. Also I will add this is not only because I have a big motor, 12 bolt, susp, and anything else you can think of. They treat the $5.00 spender the same as the $20,000.00 spender. They do everything by the book and REFUSE to cut corners, and REFUSE to substitute quantity over quality!!!

Thomas

Sounds like TRT and SQR.... honesty is hard to find. Both shops are very very honest. I respect that.

Hate to sound like a nutswinger but it is the Troof!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Pretty sketchy stuff
Old 06-20-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Usually a good reason for a mistake such as this. But coming on here and making unfounded accusations really does not solve the problem. I am sure in your perfect world mistakes are not made.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
[RANT]So as some of you may know, Ive begun tearing my car down to get ready for the turbo thats been sitting in my garage for the last couple of months. While pulling my old cam (HPE "S" cam) that I had installed in a complete package deal from HPE, I noticed on the back that it had markings that identified itself and a Majic stick 3 from TSP. This was a shock to me as I thought the guys at that shop knew what they were doing and thought they could atleast spec a cam, but as it turns out their cashing in on someone elses R&D. If I wanted a MS3 I would have just called up TSP myslef and ordered it. On top of that when everything was first installed and had "chucks famous tuning" I was told the car broke 400 to the wheels. I later got a better tune to take care of numerous drivability issues I was having and in better weather conditions the car struggled to make 380. I know these may seem like small things, but with the amount of money I spent with this shop (2 cam installs, tuning, all bolt ons, and more) I didnt expect to be lied to. Its shops like this thats driven me to working on my own car.[/RANT]

The S cam is a comp n the MS3 is a(?)not sure, here's my philosphy on your cam situation. Chuck was broke and can't buy parts, so what he does is take used parts from other cars(or steals them) and sells them off as new ones. You most likely got someones used **** that they got for free and sold it to you for the complete package. This would be typical Chuck work. I would love to hear an explanation on this one as well!!!! Come on Chuck we R waiting. Oh another thing ur last sentence states and I quote" Its shops like this thats driven me to working on my own car" is true, you know I might break a headbolt, crack an oil pan or **** something else up,(And have G-Force fix it) but at least I know the right stuff is going in there and not some half *** ****....
Old 06-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
thats exactly why i do EVERYTHING to my own car. this seems to be a common type of thing that in some way or another all speed shops have in common. i have yet to see a speed shop that everyone talks so highly about impress me. not trying to bash anyone but that is how i feel about it. tuning thats about a joke to me if a shop spends an hr if that and say that the tune is complete. it takes days and days of logging to get driveabilty decent and for a tune to be complete. thats just the way i look at it.
I agree; everytime I turn around some one is ranting about a shop.90% of the time I agree with them. all shops make mistakes some more than others if you say you have never made a mistake at work then your a liar. 90%. This issue would **** me off to a whole different level. HPE has been good and bad to me. The bad I ordered the s cam kit and they sent me pos rev valve springs so needless to say 150 miles later I was changing them out cause 3 had broke. I called them and the sent me some more springs asap. which was good. So I put the new ones in and guess what? All the ones that didnt break the first time broke the second time . so call to tsp and guess what $260 and 20000 miles later prc gold valvesprings are the ****. The tune is ok i cant complain. As far as customer service everytime I have called they have stayed on the phone with me until I comprehended what they where saying sometimes as long as 30 min which is a plus. All in All there is really not a shop out there that will touch my cars all of these horror storys ill take my chances on screwing up myself,which is hard considering i have ls1tech if i have any questions.Not
Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well contrary to some of the people saying how you got screwed or lied to, lets consider the facts real quick. I remember this situation last year actually and we were out of S cams at the time and had to order a few MS3's just because they had them in stock and our order wasn't coming in for a week or so.

The MS3 and S cam are essentially the same cams. You can even ask anybody and TSP and they'll agree...

S cam: 238/242 on a 112 .605/.609 lift
MS3: 237/242 on a 112 .603/.609 lift

From Comp every cam is going to vary just a little bit on it's exact specs. Heck, I've seen cams off 3-5 degree's at times when you actually measure them. So the 1 degree was not going to make a difference either way because the S cam could have had error in it from Comp just like the TSP could have, so it'd all equal out.

And I remember your car not tuning right because of so called cracked intake issues or your MAF. Which you did not have us look into, I just gave you my opinion on what could be wrong based off what it was doing.

Dyno's all read different, especially with automatics and converters involved. So 400 on one day and 380 on another... who knows. Different dyno's to read different. Conley's dyno vs. our dyno, etc.

Either way, I apologize for you being dissapointed and we probably should have called you and let you know we were using a competitors cam. But like I said, they're really the same thing so it shouldn't matter! We did what we needed to on the spot to make you happy. Otherwise you would have had to wait for our S cam order to come in.

If there's anything I or the shop can do, just give us a holler. We're happy to make it up to you.

Chuck
Old 06-20-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

hmmmmm now i wonder
Old 06-20-2007, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

man that is fucked up. I knew about the tune issues from a long time ago but the cam is a bad deal....

atleast you will make alot more power now, no matter what cam
Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The S-Cam has the same specs as on off the shelf comp, as far as duration/lift, but Im not sure what the lobes are that they use, but anyone can get them from comp.

Can you scan us a copy of the receipt and post a pic of the cam grind numbers.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Scan us a copy of the receipt for service, and a pic of the cam grind numbers.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

yep and you are right for the most part, but Mike Whitehouse has prob tuned my car about 10 different times on the same set up I currently have just adjusting little things to make me happier. G-Force sure has made me a very happy customer because I can be a real OCD ******* when it comes to my cars performance. Good shops are hard to find thats why when you do find one you stay with them. G-FORCE is A+ in my book and the only shop I would trust to do any of my work. Also I will add this is not only because I have a big motor, 12 bolt, susp, and anything else you can think of. They treat the $5.00 spender the same as the $20,000.00 spender. They do everything by the book and REFUSE to cut corners, and REFUSE to substitute quantity over quality!!!

Thomas
thats the truth, i have never spent more than $400 with them but they are always top notch.

even when getting my nitrous bottle filled they will stick it in the freezer (since i leave it in the car) just to squeeze out that full 10 pounds

i got my car tuned by HPE and can get retunes for 125 but i will be going to g-force in the near future.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Usually a good reason for a mistake such as this. But coming on here and making unfounded accusations really does not solve the problem. I am sure in your perfect world mistakes are not made.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thomas
Im very glad to hear all of this...as Im about to have my TA towed there tomorrow to have the read end checked out.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
thats exactly why i do EVERYTHING to my own car. this seems to be a common type of thing that in some way or another all speed shops have in common. i have yet to see a speed shop that everyone talks so highly about impress me. not trying to bash anyone but that is how i feel about it. tuning thats about a joke to me if a shop spends an hr if that and say that the tune is complete. it takes days and days of logging to get driveabilty decent and for a tune to be complete. thats just the way i look at it.
I hope you are talking about a speed density tune lol otherwise your tuner needs to be kicked in the *****....
Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Have you thought about telling Texas Speed about this "S" cam?? i am pretty sure there could be some legalities that they may be interested in!.....You know if you are that pissed an all!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW! Thats BS! I was thinking about going there but nevermind.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow! coincidence? HPE SCam
Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

holy **** lol wonder whats goin to happen on this situation have you posted in the sponser feedback section
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
Have you thought about telling Texas Speed about this "S" cam?? i am pretty sure there could be some legalities that they may be interested in!.....You know if you are that pissed an all!
I'm sure Texas Speed knows all about the S cam. You can't trademark a cam, just a name.

Quick Reply: Thanks for nothing HPE