Thanks for nothing HPE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thread must be locked... sponsor protection FTMFW!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Mustang Moderator

Work on your own cars and you can sleep well at night knowing that if something ***** up, you have noone to blame but yourself!

Its how I've always done things, and so far nothing has come back and bit me in the ***!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
thats exactly why i do EVERYTHING to my own car. this seems to be a common type of thing that in some way or another all speed shops have in common. i have yet to see a speed shop that everyone talks so highly about impress me. not trying to bash anyone but that is how i feel about it. tuning thats about a joke to me if a shop spends an hr if that and say that the tune is complete. it takes days and days of logging to get driveabilty decent and for a tune to be complete. thats just the way i look at it.

that's the same way i feel. i've been f'd over by several speed shops and have grown tired of it. i try to do everything myself now.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmmm sounds like the workings of powder to me......
Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

damn i hate when tech is slow.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that I give a **** about HPE or even know who they are, but there's no way this was common practice. What about the people that bought the S-cam but installed it themselves? They'd obviously notice the TSP writing on it. I'm guessing they conned someone out of their MS3, sold them an S-cam, then put the MS3 in your car thinking you'd never know the difference. This is all speculation, but like I said, there's no way this was a common occurrence. Either way, HPE has some explaining to do.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Wow, that's some shady business. There's no telling what else they have done to other people's cars as far as internal work.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Carbon
wow! coincidence? HPE SCam
Old 06-21-2007, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn izzy, i hope all ends out well!

you still down for an atx trip sometime this fall? lmk
Old 06-21-2007, 03:44 AM
11 Second Club

I wasn't even going to post up, but might as well, now. Bout a year ago I got the car tuned at HPE, and me not knowing any better at the time, let a couple things slide. Keep in mind, I live in Orange, and it took a good hour and a half, near two hours to get to HPE. First thing that concerned me, is no wideband was used. Later when I asked Chuck on AIM if he didn't tune with a wideband, how he tuned, I was informed it was with "skill and knowledge". Even then, me not knowing any better, I took his word for it, as he was the tuner, and I was the customer. I was informed that tuners that tuned based on A/F really didn't know what they were doing. The second thing that concerned me, was my tune took a total of 20 minutes, if that. It took longer for me to take the hypertech off the car and let it cool a bit, to have it tuned. A total of 3 dyno pulls were made, and the first was a baseline with the stock tune I believe. I had been thinking about going back and paying him 125 dollars for a retune, but after this, you couldn't pay me to go back. The car ran a best of 12.52 @ 108.96 with HPE's tune, with a 1.8 60 foot. I had a shop that primarily only deals with Mustangs take a look at the tune, and make some A/F adjustments, which was dangerously lean. The very next weekend, it went 12.17 @ 114 with a 1.8 60, and has since gone 11.83 @ 114 with a 1.66 60. I believe that speaks volumes.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE

If there's anything I or the shop can do, just give us a holler. We're happy to make it up to you.

Chuck
Give him a new S cam for free to make up for it.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ArchOverseer
Later when I asked Chuck on AIM if he didn't tune with a wideband, how he tuned, I was informed it was with "skill and knowledge". Even then, me not knowing any better, I took his word for it, as he was the tuner, and I was the customer. I was informed that tuners that tuned based on A/F really didn't know what they were doing. .
Thats a bunch of BS.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 AM
TECH Resident

wow thats bs!

They should replace your cam with the one you wanted free of charge and install it free of charge IMO.

And Chris, i remember you telling me that they tuned your car without a Wideband and i almost drove down to Orange TX to slap you accross the mouth. Unbelievable.

Goodluck!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
wow thats bs!

They should replace your cam with the one you wanted free of charge and install it free of charge IMO.

And Chris, i remember you telling me that they tuned your car without a Wideband and i almost drove down to Orange TX to slap you accross the mouth. Unbelievable.

Goodluck!
I wouldn't have blamed you in the least, man. Not to mention, in the middle of tuning my car (He was messin' with the computer while on the phone, so that's what I assume he was doing) some guy comes in with a NBM SS, and Chuck stops in the middle of what he was doing with mine, and makes adjustments on the SS. Nice, eh? Got two witnesses to back me on that, as well.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ArchOverseer
I wouldn't have blamed you in the least, man. Not to mention, in the middle of tuning my car (He was messin' with the computer while on the phone, so that's what I assume he was doing) some guy comes in with a NBM SS, and Chuck stops in the middle of what he was doing with mine, and makes adjustments on the SS. Nice, eh? Got two witnesses to back me on that, as well.
Seems like you got your moneys worth!

....NOT
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE
Either way, I apologize for you being dissapointed and we probably should have called you and let you know we were using a competitors cam. But like I said, they're really the same thing so it shouldn't matter! We did what we needed to on the spot to make you happy. Otherwise you would have had to wait for our S cam order to come in.

First thats a HORRIBLE way to run a buisness!

Want to take a guess at what I would have done if I pulled my cam that YOUR shop installed and it was another cam?

Honestly....... come in, throw it across the showroom threw a window or two and called us even.

You NEEEEVVVEERRR just do something behined someones back to make them or keep them happy. Should have called him up and asked.

Will be interesting to see how much buisness HPE looses over this. They have lost my respect for sure.

I don't even deal with site sponsors anymore. Only have one guy and one shop that I trust, Both are down the street from me.

If the cams advertised specs are not the same its NOT THE SAME CAM!

SSHHHHAAADDDYYY BUISNESS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn... sounds like a bad deal, and sorry to hear it too....ths negative rant could not have come at a worse time for HPE, but hey Karma is a "bitch", and it sounds like they are already paying that bitch back. Good luck guys.

i have done business with HPE and they seemed cool enough, replaced my full spool gears and it only took a day, and it made no noise or whine what-so-ever, then stored my car for me for a few days until i could get back to houston to pick it up.

I have also done business with Whitehouse at G-Force, they are a cool group of guys as well, and have excellente' customer service. I spread my business amongst the shops, because i never know where my car might break down.

I have upcoming business dealings with Wormboy and Josh, but they came from HPE, so were they aware of these practices as they were occurring, and will that set a precedent for there shop as well? I sure hope not.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow that sucks.
I have friend that is going through a similar problem with HPE now.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stang Man
Work on your own cars and you can sleep well at night knowing that if something ***** up, you have noone to blame but yourself!

Its how I've always done things, and so far nothing has come back and bit me in the ***!
Tr00f! Oh, Arron, you gonna be in the H this weekend? I'll be down there to get some wheels and get Daniel his tunerz for his VTAKS, .
Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
I have upcoming business dealings with Wormboy and Josh, but they came from HPE, so were they aware of these practices as they were occurring, and will that set a precedent for there shop as well? I sure hope not.

that will deff not be the case.... they are the 2 most stand up guys you will meet......and before they werent the boss they were just told what to do......

Quick Reply: Thanks for nothing HPE