Thanks for nothing HPE

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FransLT1SS
that will deff not be the case.... they are the 2 most stand up guys you will meet......and before they werent the boss they were just told what to do......

def. josh does great work with anything that concerns his name. I am sure opening this shop is a make or break situation for the both of them and i'm willing to gamble everything that they push out will be top notch!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

I will not get involved in this situation, but just to make things clear Steven nor myself were not working at HPE at the time of this incident!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
def. josh does great work with anything that concerns his name. I am sure opening this shop is a make or break situation for the both of them and i'm willing to gamble everything that they push out will be top notch!
Steven and Josh are awesome. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I hope I get my car back today!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Launching!

man this situation sucks.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceTry
I hope you are talking about a speed density tune lol otherwise your tuner needs to be kicked in the *****....
I run OLSD and i do all the tuning on my car. it takes a long time to get VE dialed in. i guess i should have stated that. even with a MAF tune there are going to be a lot of driveability issues as well.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

There was no bad business even done here but everybody sure is excited over it. You have 2 identical cams, but magically 1 of them is different because it has a different name. That's fine if everyone wants to debate a cam because of it's name, but I'm not interesting in spending any more time in here. If Ishmael had a problem, he should have called us. And this thread confirms that as soon as my paid term expires as a sponsor on LS1tech, we will not renew. And I think other sponsors should seriously consider this move as well... Because look at how ridiculous this thread is, and the only moderator interaction it has is 1 mod telling people they should work on their own cars anyways.

Thread should be titled, Thanks for nothing LS1Tech.

Chuck
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85
I run OLSD and i do all the tuning on my car. it takes a long time to get VE dialed in. i guess i should have stated that. even with a MAF tune there are going to be a lot of driveability issues as well.
BTW. You should never have to touch your VE tables except for idle and sometimes WOT to get perfect drive ability. If you are tuning your VE table all that means is your injector scaling or maf is calibrated wrong.

Chuck
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE
BTW. You should never have to touch your VE tables except for idle and sometimes WOT to get perfect drive ability. If you are tuning your VE table all that means is your injector scaling or maf is calibrated wrong.

Chuck

Horseshit....plain and simple.

His engine is larger cubic inches, big cam, and good heads. The VE table was written for a stock 346. His actual volumetric efficiency has changed drastically. In addition, he is running OLSD, so his computer can't learn the new setting even if his car was closer to stock.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSierra
Horseshit....plain and simple.
Lol, ok.

Chuck
Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Chuck, this is not an LS1Tech issue -- this is a HPE customer service issue. It would have been a simple phone call to the customer to say "hey, Comp has a backlog in grinding cams, but I can order an essentially identical cam from TSP. Would you rather wait for the S-cam or have us install the TSP?" Sure, the cams may be nearly identical. The cam may have even been brand new and not shop left-overs. BUT how is the customer, after the fact, to know? It is ALWAYS best to be up front with the person who is paying your business to do a specific task. Don't try and turn this around to somehow be LS1Tech's fault, and worse try to cry to other advertising businesses to follow your exit.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Lol, ok.

Chuck
I edited the post for you.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

OUTSTANDING!!!! with all these good reviews of Josh and Steven, i cant wait to get home and get my piece over to them!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brains
Chuck, this is not an LS1Tech issue -- this is a HPE customer service issue. It would have been a simple phone call to the customer to say "hey, Comp has a backlog in grinding cams, but I can order an essentially identical cam from TSP. Would you rather wait for the S-cam or have us install the TSP?" Sure, the cams may be nearly identical. The cam may have even been brand new and not shop left-overs. BUT how is the customer, after the fact, to know? It is ALWAYS best to be up front with the person who is paying your business to do a specific task. Don't try and turn this around to somehow be LS1Tech's fault, and worse try to cry to other advertising businesses to follow your exit.
Pwned
Old 06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

I hate drama. IBTL.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I edited the post for you.
Ahhh, OLSD. Well that explains it a little better now doesn't it

Chuck
Old 06-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
I hate drama. IBTL.
Shutup jimmy you love drama. Go eat some soap
Old 06-21-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There was no bad business even done here but everybody sure is excited over it. You have 2 identical cams, but magically 1 of them is different because it has a different name. That's fine if everyone wants to debate a cam because of it's name, but I'm not interesting in spending any more time in here. If Ishmael had a problem, he should have called us. And this thread confirms that as soon as my paid term expires as a sponsor on LS1tech, we will not renew. And I think other sponsors should seriously consider this move as well... Because look at how ridiculous this thread is, and the only moderator interaction it has is 1 mod telling people they should work on their own cars anyways.

Thread should be titled, Thanks for nothing LS1Tech.

Chuck
If you told a customer you were putting a specific part on a car and you didn't that's bad business. Don't care if they are similar he should have been told. You created this problem. That's just my opinion though.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Ahhh, OLSD. Well that explains it a little better now doesn't it

Chuck
It said OLSD in the post you quoted jackass.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
No, that would be like you going to discount tire and asking for Goodyear 315/30's and them giving you Goodyear 315/30's but they had to buy them from NTB because they were out of stock. You still got the same tires.... so why should they have to call you and tell you they're buying them from NTB?

And I don't need to cry to anybody about the fact that LS1Tech treats 80% of their sponsors like ****. I have people cry to me about your site, all the time

Chuck
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

It said OLSD in the post you quoted jackass.
Umm yeah, I read it. That's why I said oooh OLSD. Why are you so defensive?

Chuck

Quick Reply: Thanks for nothing HPE