Dad Related Songs

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dad Related Songs

Me and my family are throwing my Dad a surprise birthday party next week and I'm in charge of creating a slide show of pictures of him. I need some ideas for Dad related songs to play behind the slide show.
Just FYI, "This is Why I'm Hot" doesn't work well behind pictures of him at my sister's wedding! Thanks guys!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

measure of a man...life's a dance...ummmm, theres others but thats just a couple randomn ones
Old 06-24-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Found this for ya ...

1. Butterfly Kisses
Bob Carlisle's Butterfly Kisses is one of the all-time favorites. The message is loved by dads and daughters alike and the tempo makes dancing easy

2. When Angels Fly
When Angels Fly is a new addition to our top ten list of father-daughter wedding songs. Performed by Tony Ransom & The Heavely Light Orchestra, it is at once inspiring and memorable.

3. I Loved Her First
What a great song for a father-daughter wedding dance! By the country/pop group Heartland, this song will melt the heart of daughter, father and every onlooker.

4. Through the Years
Through the Years by Kenny Rogers is a timeless song of love and is a favorite of many of my friends. It is a little bit country, which appeals to many dads and daughters, but is sweet and memorable.

5. Sunrise Sunset
The wedding song from the Fiddler on the Roof is a long time favorite for the dad and daughter dance. It was sung at my wedding reception 26 years ago, and has special memories for me. And it makes for an elegant dance given the slow and graceful tempo.

6. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)
This James Taylor classic hit is a great but less often used wedding dance choice. Many dads remember it from their youth and it is a lot of fun to dance to. This is not your classic waltz, but it is still memorable.

7. The Way You Look Tonight
An old Frank Sinatra tune (with the Count Basie orchestra) is a wonderful dad and daughter dance number. It has a fun beat and is well crafted for a litte swing dance at a wedding or reception.

8. Unforgettable
You can't listen to Natalie Cole's version of her father's hit Unforgettable without feeling the warm affection between a father and a daughter. And it is easy to dance to as well.

9. Lullabye (Goodnight my Angel)
One of Billy Joel's soulful songs sings a lullabye to his daughter and provides a favorite dance song for weddings. This is a unique song--not one you'll hear at every wedding--and still is meaningful to a dad and his newlywed daughter.

10. My Father's Eyes
Amy Grant's performance of My Father's Eyes is sweet and soulful and will be loved by both you and your daughter.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! Keep'em coming!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

neil young - old man
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tc00
neil young - old man

i'd say may be some pink floyd, like "Shine on you crazy dimond"(the first line is "remember when you were young" ) or "Us and Them"
or "Time and a word" by Yes