Anyone Here Wakeboard?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=TLUZLS1;10427548]Sick video! Anyone know the name of the second song in it?
QUOTE]

1st and ending song: Alcoholin *** by Hell Yeah
Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

My brother and i board on Lake Travis. Our lake house is on the north side in the hollows across from carlosncharlies. we mainly just goof off down by sandy creek.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SexyWS6Mama
here is the vid of our private instructor (he moved now) but he was bad ***!!

http://www.vimeo.com/1176701
what speed does he recommend?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Teching In

My parents live on Taylor lake (seabrook/Clear lake area) and I used to wakeboard at least once a week. Then Ike hit and the sewer treatment plants overflowed, which killed a lot of the fish and ruined the water. The smell was horrible. Since then I have seen boats back on the water but nobody being pulled behind em. I have a wetsuit for the colder months but i'll just wait till next summer and let the water cycle out some of the chemicals/crap.

Attached are two of my favorite pics.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Here Wakeboard?-img_0464.jpg   Anyone Here Wakeboard?-n9614108_36727254_932-1.jpg  
Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 4SFEDZ
what speed does he recommend?
22 mph
Old 11-12-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=SexyWS6Mama;10465575]
Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
Sick video! Anyone know the name of the second song in it?
QUOTE]

1st and ending song: Alcoholin *** by Hell Yeah
Okay cool.

Still anyone know the 2nd one???
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blake culp
My parents live on Taylor lake (seabrook/Clear lake area) and I used to wakeboard at least once a week. Then Ike hit and the sewer treatment plants overflowed, which killed a lot of the fish and ruined the water. The smell was horrible. Since then I have seen boats back on the water but nobody being pulled behind em. I have a wetsuit for the colder months but i'll just wait till next summer and let the water cycle out some of the chemicals/crap.

Attached are two of my favorite pics.
Okay i know im diggin up this thread but I saw this and just wanted to check the status of taylor lake. It should be good by now right? I've been boarding out there 3 or 4 times since may lol. And there were quite a few other boats on the water pullin people.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1
Okay i know im diggin up this thread but I saw this and just wanted to check the status of taylor lake. It should be good by now right? I've been boarding out there 3 or 4 times since may lol. And there were quite a few other boats on the water pullin people.
I have heard by word of mouth that the water is OK, never seen anything on the news or in the paper but as far as I know the water is fine. I was out memorial day weekend and several times we passed the water police while i was being pulled the police who never said a word. Pretty sure if the water was unsafe the police would have told us to get out, or at least warned us.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GulfM3
I have heard by word of mouth that the water is OK, never seen anything on the news or in the paper but as far as I know the water is fine. I was out memorial day weekend and several times we passed the water police while i was being pulled the police who never said a word. Pretty sure if the water was unsafe the police would have told us to get out, or at least warned us.
Alright cool thanks. I was kinda worried there for a minute haha
Old 06-10-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry, . . . the mud will always be just as black and smelly as ever. Check out the San Jac River if you're looking for a new place.

I went out this past weekend and crused all over the Clear Lake area. It looked like a tipical weekend.
Crowded 10-12 something boats in Taylor Lake, very choppy
Mud Lake (past Red Bluff) had 2-3
the part past Port Road, between 146 had one in the solom course.
No one was in the wake board alley past 146
In the Clear Creek Channel starting at Clear Lake, to 45 South . . . there were more jet skis than anything. 3 sets of wake boarders and that was it. Water was very clear.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Damn thats an awsome video. The dude makes it look so easy. I havent actually done any wakeboarding looks fun. I might give it a shot this summer. . . . .

Sooo no word on the second song?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSnemesis
Damn thats an awsome video. The dude makes it look so easy. I havent actually done any wakeboarding looks fun. I might give it a shot this summer. . . . .

Sooo no word on the second song?
Haha yeah somebody has to know it.....?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love wakeboarding... my dad used to own a shop called warming hut in arlington where they sold wakeboards, snowboards, any board you can think of... he used to be able to ski barefoot and he taught me how to wakboard a few years ago just over the phone while I was on the lake with my girlfriends family... only took me 2 trys after talking to him. I do not have a boat but my boss does, havent been out this year but ive been bugging him about it every week. A boat will be one of the first big purchases I buy after I graduate from college... 4 years down, 2 to go
Old 06-13-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

i'm not that good but i've always thoroughly enjoy boarding, although it's been awhile since i've had a chance to go. i usually spend time at a good friend's place on the brazos south of weatherford, but i worked a ton last summer and only got to go once. still trying to get out there this year but it hasn't worked out yet. i've always used his boards, but i've been looking to get my own, that is, if i ever get the chance to get out on the water more...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's a small vid from this mornings joy ride . . . Clear Creek Channel . . . above 45 south

Old 08-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

i always go by nassau bay but thats crowded like a ****....but if u go by walter hall park where the rails are, theres really not much traffic, just boarders and jet skiiers....clear creek is the place to go if u wanna wake board....clear lake is just too choppy and way too many people.....unless u hit the water at 6 am. which the water is glass....ahh so nice
Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

went to that wake camp (back in June) and it was lake placid on guadalupe river, that camp kicked *** and I'm so much of a better rider now! I ride 3 times a week and what I learned at that camp will never be forgotten!

Quick Reply: Anyone Here Wakeboard?