Anyone here currently attend Texas Tech (or live around Lubbock)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here currently attend Texas Tech (or live around Lubbock)?

I'm from Houston and I will be starting my freshman year at Tech this August. I was wondering what the car scene is like up there (not too big I reckon lol).

I won't be getting a car (I want a WS6) until sophomore year, so I look forward to meeting some LSx enthusiasts first.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

You beat me to it, I was going to post the same question sometime this week. I am from the Beaumont area, but I will be going to Lubbock Christian University as a freshman this August as well. As small as Lubbock is I am sure we will probally run into each other sometime during the next couple of years.

I will be taking my Trans Am up to college.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

i'm pretty sure they gotta 1/4 track near lubbock. plus what the hell else can you do in lubbock but race, get drunk, or go to titty bars?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

www.racelubbock.com

There are 2 tracks. Idalou is a 1/4 mile that is fairly close to town. Dalocca is an old Air Force strip that occasionally will hook like a dream. By the way, Lubbock isn't as small as you think....

There is also www.anythingcars.com which is a forum for the area south of lubbock, mainly Midland/Odessa.

Hope This Helps,

Kenny
Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

i was born in lubbock but im also moving back to go to Tech as a transfer student and im bringing my motorcycle and my TA, its not as small as you think.

im looking forward to meeting some of the members from there, ill be up there in about 2.5 weeks to find a place to stay, im looking at university courtyard right now and i think thats the top of the list now
Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Teching In

I just graduated from there this past May. I remember hearing about a few cruises, but I was never able to go on one. Check out racelubbock as mentioned, and I think there may be a new club on campus called racetech now as well.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Teching In

I live 30 mins away from lubbock in a small POS town called levelland. Nothing to do. Only drag racing goin on now is 4 cylinder honda's and cavilers. So i go to lubbock to look for drag racing. Dolacca close down. But Idalou is still open. Not a bad place. Alot of bars and clubs. And alot of f-bodys. Im registered with Racelubbock and every friday we have a get to gether and hang around and talk. and sometimes on saturdays as well. Every now and then we will have a big get together and cruise.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Teching In

my family is from Lubbock and we still live here. if you see us around in the T/A . Give us a shout! Lets get our roll on.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i will be attending tech this fall and will be bringing my bird with me. august 20th ill be moving into the dorms
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
i will be attending tech this fall and will be bringing my bird with me. august 20th ill be moving into the dorms
how old are you?? I remember seeing your car at CCCCD spring creek a yr or so ago.
What dorm you staying in?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
im gonna have to keep an eye out for your car im going to tech this fall also but im a transfer so i can skip the dorm crap, had enough of that with my first little bit of college and the military, nice formula