What is the "most unique" car you've ever owned?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007 | 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

My 1970 HemiCuda that I flew to Detroit to pickup when it was new. Boy do I wish I still had that car.........
Old 07-17-2007 | 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I owned a 1987 Shelby Lancer 5-speed with cloth interior. Only 800 ever made, 400 automatic with leather, 400 5-speed with cloth. It's estimated that less than 300 still exist, and mine is now property of my mother (my grandfather bought it new from Carrol Shelby and my mother always loved the car) sitting in the garage with about 78K miles on it (it was a daily driver for my grandfather, as well as my mother for a little while).

First car to come from the factory with a CD player .

Tom
Old 07-17-2007 | 06:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
I bought a 1985 Ford Ranger from a guy in The Colony. Sounds harmless, I know, but here's where it gets good. The previous owner had dropped a (stock) 428 Cobra Jet motor into it with a matching 4spd automatic.
Here's a buddy of mine from Amarillo. He's building a 545" ci bb Ranger... You might spot one of my old wheels in his pictures...

http://www.bigblockranger.com

That truck was a blast to drive when it was junkyard turbo'd. Stock pistons didn't like a 20psi spike tho. He just can't leave it alone.

My 1985 Fiero is my "most unique" car. Mid engine and go kart handling. Downside is 1980s GM quality, rattles, and of course, I have to have a fire extinguisher in the car. At least the A/C blows cold.
Old 07-17-2007 | 08:57 AM
Teching In

Default Here's mine...

Not the most "unique" car posted but not too many rolling around like there was back in '87. Most of the younger crowd now days have no idea what it is. And the older crowd still mistakes it for a Monte Carlo SS.

More pics here... http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...ick%20Turbo-T/
Old 07-17-2007 | 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mexicola
Not the most "unique" car posted but not too many rolling around like there was back in '87. Most of the younger crowd now days have no idea what it is. And the older crowd still mistakes it for a Monte Carlo SS.

More pics here... http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...ick%20Turbo-T/

Is that there one of them Buick LeSabres??

Just kiddin, nice looking T-Type.
Old 07-17-2007 | 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How many times did you f that up?
None. I was too paranoid about it.

I had a 73 VW Bug that was a "semi-auto." The clutch engaged when you pressed on the stick. I jambed on the brake a couple of times because of the habbit of hitting the clutch in that car.
Old 07-17-2007 | 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mexicola
I saw a GN yesterday that I need to get pictures of. I was on 35W going south and it was on the right in a parking lot. Gotta love a ghetto GN with big wheels and a 4x4 stance. I hope it was only a Regal with GN hood.
Old 07-17-2007 | 09:41 AM
Teching In

Randy - thanks for the compliment

Greed - yeah, sad to see when a Turbo Buick is "donk'd out" Even a clapped out GN still has potential.
Old 07-17-2007 | 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Randy_S

That's not a T-Type. It's a 1987 Buick Regal "T". The "T-Type" name was dropped in 1987.

I've owned 3 Turbo Regals.
The most unique was my first. It was a silver 87 w/ chrome trim, t-tops, digital dash and just about every other available option. This was in 1993.
Old 07-17-2007 | 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-
That's not a T-Type. It's a 1987 Buick Regal "T". The "T-Type" name was dropped in 1987.

I've owned 3 Turbo Regals.
The most unique was my first. It was a silver 87 w/ chrome trim, t-tops, digital dash and just about every other available option. This was in 1993.

Didnt that one have a moon roof? I remember when it got crunched up.

I liked your GN the best as it just looked sinister as hell with the DR's and runners on it.
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Here's a buddy of mine from Amarillo. He's building a 545" ci bb Ranger... You might spot one of my old wheels in his pictures...

http://www.bigblockranger.com

That truck was a blast to drive when it was junkyard turbo'd. Stock pistons didn't like a 20psi spike tho. He just can't leave it alone.
That is sick... I don't know if he was planning on it or not, but he should definately put a full cage in that thing... it'll help with the traction issues as well as safety... that was the next mod I had planned for mine...

I can only imagine what a Turbo'd 5.0 was like in that thing...
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

1984 Peugeot 505"S"

Interesting little car, nobody knew what the hell it was. I was a Sophomore in high school and the kids were like ""What the **** is THAT?"

Good little car, I had it about two years, paid $800 for it, and about $3000 in repairs....sold it for $500
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Didnt that one have a moon roof? I remember when it got crunched up.

I liked your GN the best as it just looked sinister as hell with the DR's and runners on it.
The silver car had t-tops. That GN was pretty mean looking.
Old 07-17-2007 | 12:02 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Hey Jeff, the next time we see each other, how about you kick me in the a$$ for selling mine and I'll kick you in the a$$ for selling yours. Deal?

I know the feeling too well.
lol ya its a bet, I still hate myself for that, thats ok though; I got me another,(1970 though) however its in the same condition as my '71 was when I cut it out of a tree 1 week after my 11th birthday...lol
Old 07-17-2007 | 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

werd. GN or turbo regal = one of my dream cars
Old 07-17-2007 | 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not really Unique but it was a pretty rare truck, had a 86 Toyota P/U for my 1st truck had the following options from the factory

SR5 package
Pwr everything
Moonroof(didn't do it i swear)
lil 2.2L 22R motor with factory Turbo
5spd tranny
Added by my dad
Adjustable wastegate with remote **** in cab
and a lil computer tinkering (not sure what he ment by that)
was pretty fast for a lil average looking truck
too bad my dumb *** had a lil too much fun on a wet road and put in through a fence keep in mind I was only 16-17 and didn't know what I had
Old 07-17-2007 | 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can only imagine what a Turbo'd 5.0 was like in that thing...
Well, the turbo was on the original V6 motor (with some World Products heads). He basically flipped the stock exhaust manifolds around and upside-down, made a crossover pipe coming to the front, and put a $50 junkyard turbo out of a Chrysler on the front passenger's side. It was then putting the smack down on Mustang GTs at the dragstrip. Quite fun. After he popped that motor, he put the 5.0 in there. Then he got tired of the 5.0, and decided to go big. Really big.
Old 07-17-2007 | 02:41 PM

Well, the turbo was on the original V6 motor (with some World Products heads). He basically flipped the stock exhaust manifolds around and upside-down, made a crossover pipe coming to the front, and put a $50 junkyard turbo out of a Chrysler on the front passenger's side. It was then putting the smack down on Mustang GTs at the dragstrip. Quite fun. After he popped that motor, he put the 5.0 in there. Then he got tired of the 5.0, and decided to go big. Really big.
Guy sounds like a junkyard genious... I know I'm jealous - Where does he run it and when does he think he'll have the swap finished? I'd definately want to come see it run
Old 07-18-2007 | 04:08 PM
Teching In

LOL and he's been a member/lurker here for a while....

Motor is currently being assembled. It's been a slow project, but I've had a blast doing it.

A cage is definitely planned, but the first order of biz is to get it moving under it's own power.

It's funny how a simple project explodes all over your shop and becomes a complicated mess real fast.....
Old 07-18-2007 | 04:15 PM
Teching In

My 1985 Fiero is my "most unique" car.
I can think of another one you once owned that had a little bit of JBWeld on it's tranny case....