TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice.
Looks like you guys have lots of work.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by longrange4u
Hmm.. well sense its only been with one other shop for its rebuild... I guess I could say that your right about the work recieved... Kinda frustrating when its with a place for almost a year, is "almost completed" and still needs a couple months of work and an additional 10k to redo a large portion of it.
Saw your car there the other day....lots of potential there!! I am sure Josh and Steven will make sure you get the hp you're looking for!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

so .....who was the shop that screwed it up and caused you to have to spend 10k to "redo" a larger portion of it?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:18 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
so .....who was the shop that screwed it up and caused you to have to spend 10k to "redo" a larger portion of it?

Just look at his profile
Old 08-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
Give us some pics!
Great job guys!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...51#post7680951

Old 08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Just look at his profile

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?userid=41275
Profile doesnt really answer my question.... was it FFHP or TRT?

Ok guys... I am frustrated and a little let down. So hear me rant

Some of you know that I have been shooting for a big HP (900RWHP) rear mount setup. I have this kind of fantasy of having the fastest rearmount there is......... at least in an F-Body... maybe period.

What I am up against... ITS FUXIN EXPENSIVE!! STS doesnt care to help make their product faster!!! Everything costs 1.5 x what you think it will, and takes 2x longer. I have had my original engine builder (FFHP) close doors on me without warning, causing me a 2-Month delay.... and I am going back to Iraq in 3 months anyways!!! Did I mention its FUXIN EXPENSIVE?!?!

I love seeing shop cars go fast... however I really respect the personally owned cars that push the limits!!

So here is where I am at....

Engine: Erik Koenig is building me a solid 408, will be done sometime next week. 8.9-1 CR, Weisco Pistons, good rings, the whole deal... (I can go into more detail if you want). I will say that any of you looking for a good engine need to contact him!!! He is bar none the best and most competent man I have talked to about engines!

Fuel: I am going to use some notes and pics from Mighty Mouse and others on putting together a dual Walbro 255, -10AN feed, Fast rails, stock feed as return. I am going to run a Versafueler with 83lb injectors (maybe 96lbs... input please! )

Turbo: Please no flames here... some will not agree with me on this but after MANY conversations with Jose (forcedinductions) and others, I am going with Jose's recommendation... a PT-88. Yea.. I know it will lag some... but with 408 cubes, I will run out a 76GTS.

Drivetrain: Ok I really need some help here....

Option 1# I love my 6 speed.... I know that an auto is faster, and stronger, but it isnt funner (is that a word?) I have talked to Amber (T56rebuilds) and learned that even on a built T-56 the limit is 750-800~HP.... and you look at the $1500~ rebuild + $1200~ clutch to hold the HP.. DID I SAY ITS FUXIN EXPENSIVE IN THIS SPORT?

Option #2 CK performance has the GM AOD trans with OD for $3500~. Price is not that different (although $800 bucks is allot to me) but I know the trans is stronger, faster, and will last longer... But its not FUNNER!! (tip: After spending so much on your car you can make up your own words!)

What do you guys think? This is one that is tearing me apart ... I love my stick... I love my streetability of my car... but I dont have a budget like others to rebuild over and over.

Billy is going to do most of my assembly (TRTPerformance) and this is of course keeping me up at night with decisions. So for all of you out there that know me... give me some input!!! I am where I am today with your help, help me take it home!!

PS: Anyone looking to sponsor a car???
Originally Posted by trtturbo
Jarred ( the owner) got some kind of DOD contract and had to go to Iraq for 18 months. His car is at a shop in Belton, Tx. more or less sitting. It runs and drives, but thats about all I know.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad LS1
LMR and Crew!!!! I can't say enough about these guys. They finished my little project last night and the car is unbelievable!!! You guys went way beyond the call of duty staying at the shop with me until 3am tuning my car so I could drive it home that night. I took it out today for a little run and it is freakin sick!!

1st and 2nd are useless and I have SOME tracking in 3rd. The wife LOVES how it sounds and I can't quit smiling.

edit: I guess I need to update my sig now.......

Mark, glad you are enjoying your car. Time for some DR's
Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 PM

I recognize the blue SS..... Nice shop Steven/Josh.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

What about my baby!!! I see her in there... She shure is pretty... Still would love to have the fastest rear-mount F-body..

Oh dont worry, your car is going to suprise you when you get it back. I will shoot you some pictures later today.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BADZ
I recognize the blue SS..... Nice shop Steven/Josh.
Yup, still there. LOL
Old 08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by blown69ls1
Yup, still there. LOL
His Brother was the original owner LoL