Alleged street racing wreck/death...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alleged street racing wreck/death...

Checkout the link...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5499932

It was a Pewter SS with chrome wheels.

I hope it wasn't anyone from here.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Launching!

That Sux !!!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

you never really know if they were racing, the media will say anything to keep up the bad reputation of street racing and for sporty race cars.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like he has the whisper mod on his headlight
Old 07-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike96z
you never really know if they were racing, the media will say anything to keep up the bad reputation of street racing and for sporty race cars.

Soo True! If someone is speeding in there moms Honda and have a wreck it will be called street racing....Dont let it be a sports car, then it was street racing forsure. But this is still Bad !! No matter what it was...
Old 07-22-2007, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

That scared the crap out of me at first, one of my buddies has an ss that looks exactly like that.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

I was coming home lastnight from Evadale and saw this wreck at 45 and Beltway 8, it was 4 am when I passed by, the freeway was shut down and there had to of been 10-15 cop cars, maybe more. The SS was on the inside retaining wall facing the opposite direction and it looked bad from were I was. Hopefully whoever this was learned a lesson and really all of us should learn a lesson, "Street Racing" is illegal and can cost u your life or someone elses in this case, and life as u know it will be over if u are the cause of it. And it doesn't matter what time of the day it is.... It was just a very bad scene to see at 4 am.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Launching!

What sux is Drunk Drivers kill ppl EVERY Night !! I guess that has been going on so long that its normal. I couldnt tell you the last time I street raced, but because I have a Cammn Vette I am a "Street Racer". One of the biggest dicks at my job always preachs to me about how stupid street racing is, and how he hopes they start cracking down..... Then I find out he has 2 dui's... Go Figure
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Take 2
What sux is Drunk Drivers kill ppl EVERY Night !! I guess that has been going on so long that its normal. I couldnt tell you the last time I street raced, but because I have a Cammn Vette I am a "Street Racer". One of the biggest dicks at my job always preachs to me about how stupid street racing is, and how he hopes they start cracking down..... Then I find out he has 2 dui's... Go Figure
u should start talkin to him how u hate drunk drivers, and how u hope they start cracking down on them..

back on topic..dam this hella sux..now the lil baby is never going to see his mother... i doubt he was street racing..cuz if he was he wouldnt have changed lanes where there was a car...im not sure but maybe the lady was one of those slow drivers.. he was hauling *** and maybe on the sleepy side considering the time and slammed into her.. they should mention his side of the story to see what he says.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

This **** does suck. hope it isnt anyone on here.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

what ever happened to the other car he was racing? did he just drive away after this guy rearends a truck? there has to be more to the story. if that was a civic or some other car would they have thought he was racing?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone know who this was? I see Halo headlights, clear markers and what appears to be 12" rear wheels.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Hopefully he wasn't street racing otherwise it's vehicular manslaughter.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's not a board member, I bet there's at least a board member who knows who it is.

Yeah, agree with the opinion about the media: if it's a "fast car" involved in a crash, then he must have been street racing.

He may very well have been racing, but the media is going to play the street racing card regardless.

Guys, we gotta be smart out there. There's a dead woman now. Take it to the track whenever possible.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:27 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I was coming home lastnight from Evadale and saw this wreck at 45 and Beltway 8, it was 4 am when I passed by, the freeway was shut down and there had to of been 10-15 cop cars, maybe more. The SS was on the inside retaining wall facing the opposite direction and it looked bad from were I was. Hopefully whoever this was learned a lesson and really all of us should learn a lesson, "Street Racing" is illegal and can cost u your life or someone elses in this case, and life as u know it will be over if u are the cause of it. And it doesn't matter what time of the day it is.... It was just a very bad scene to see at 4 am.
Not saying he was or wasn't we don't know for sure but don't just jump on the police/media's bandwagon and say they were. You are making the same assumptions that they are unless you were the other guy that he/she was allegadly racing. I agree with TWS that they are just throwing that **** out there all the time to gain support from more of the public so that they can continue to crack down on anything that may resemble a race etc...
Old 07-22-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is from KPRC 2:

=========================

A street racing collision left a newborn baby without a mother, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Houston police said two vehicles were racing down the Gulf Freeway near Astoria Boulevard at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

Investigators said Devin James, 27, veered his Chevrolet Camero into another lane when a vehicle changed lanes in front of his car. Johnson evidentially did not see a pickup truck in the lane he moved into, police said.

Witnesses told police that James tried to stop before he slammed into the pickup truck.

Three people, including a woman who was 8-months pregnant, were inside the pickup truck.

The force of the collision caused the pickup truck off the freeway and down a grassy embankment, police said. The truck rolled several times before it hit a concrete pillar.

Investigators said the pregnant woman died, but was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital, where doctors were able to save her child.

A man and young child in the pickup truck were also injured and transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital for treatment. Their conditions were not released.

James has been charged with manslaughter. Police said he denied being involved in a race on the freeway.

The vehicle James was suspected to be racing with fled the scene, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kprc/2007072...iCuVZn5acE1vAI
Old 07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

That really sucks !
Old 07-22-2007, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Not saying he was or wasn't we don't know for sure but don't just jump on the police/media's bandwagon and say they were. You are making the same assumptions that they are unless you were the other guy that he/she was allegadly racing. I agree with TWS that they are just throwing that **** out there all the time to gain support from more of the public so that they can continue to crack down on anything that may resemble a race etc...

Jeff, i am not making assumptions, i guess i should have also stated that drunk driving is illegal to, my bad for not doing so...The bottom line is at that time in the morning to be going as fast as they think he might have been going while switching lanes think about what he was doing than. This poor guy who has caused the wreck, will now have it on his mind for the rest of his life. Like I said before, it was an ugly scene that I saw, and to think that could have happened to anyone of us or our families makes you think twice about what we do these days. Doesn't matter if he was driving a Camaro or a Chevette, it still happened and we all as individuals have to deal with it. Another thing is, we as a community of people who like to go fast are targeted as trouble when something happens, that is how we are perceived in society and we have to deal with it..
Old 07-22-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gipraw
this is from KPRC 2:

=========================

A street racing collision left a newborn baby without a mother, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Houston police said two vehicles were racing down the Gulf Freeway near Astoria Boulevard at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

Investigators said Devin James, 27, veered his Chevrolet Camero into another lane when a vehicle changed lanes in front of his car. Johnson evidentially did not see a pickup truck in the lane he moved into, police said.

Witnesses told police that James tried to stop before he slammed into the pickup truck.

Three people, including a woman who was 8-months pregnant, were inside the pickup truck.

The force of the collision caused the pickup truck off the freeway and down a grassy embankment, police said. The truck rolled several times before it hit a concrete pillar.

Investigators said the pregnant woman died, but was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital, where doctors were able to save her child.

A man and young child in the pickup truck were also injured and transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital for treatment. Their conditions were not released.

James has been charged with manslaughter. Police said he denied being involved in a race on the freeway.

The vehicle James was suspected to be racing with fled the scene, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kprc/2007072...iCuVZn5acE1vAI
wow thats horrible... he ruined his life, others, and ended one... its pretty sad... i still cant see him racing and hitting another car from behind tho... he had to have seen the truck if he was racing... i kno if i do come across on the streets i dont do it if there are cars ahead... im trying to stop my street racing habbit tho.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

i know the guy who crashed the ss. one of Chucks buddys. guy was a doctor .. sucks that hes gonna lose it all!

Quick Reply: Alleged street racing wreck/death...